Partners Statue--Wild/crazy idea

speck76

stingrock23 said:
How about if Disney were to make a Walt animatronic and created a small show using real voice clips. I think that would be neat, maybe stick it somewhere on Main Street.

I would really prefer to see "One Man's Dream" moved to MSUSA......I think that would be nice.

Icekid84

Or better yet just make Walt the 1000th happy haunting ghost... j/k I remember when my friend told me that idea and I nearly laughed at him. Funny enough I’ve seen that brought up around here I think.

Having Walt talk would be freaky, I believe the Animatronic could be run outside but it would get old and soon Walt Disney would be meaningless and maybe annoying (especially if he spoke as often as proposed by some) But if they were to replace it I know a good spot in my yard where to put the full size bronze:D

Speaking of that glass Prism from Epcot :( that’s sad it no longer shines and is in a box presently, I wonder where the other 2 went.

Epcot82Guy

golden touch

I don't know about the AA concept (mostly because of the weather issue, and the fact I think it is simply classy to have a statue of this type). However, I think this is something that could use the 50th Treatment. If there was a way to coat the statue in gold without ruining the bronze finish, I think it would be a great addition to the Hub. Perhaps it would be easier to simply replace it with a new, temporary replica finished in gold and then re-install the original at the end of the celebration. Regardless, I think Golden Partners would be a really subtle but neat addition. I also think that CMs that have been with the company since DL or WDW (depending on their location) opened should get a "golden partners" nametag pin as well.

KevinPage

Coaster3001 said:
The only good way to have an Micheal Eisner Statue is if you put it in chester and hesters dino area and had him bent over so everyone could line up and kick his but.:sohappy: :sohappy:

:lookaroun Is that all, or are you implying something else :confused:

:lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun

:drevil:

brkgnews

DisneyMemories said:
Oh well like l said its only an silly idea.

No, it's what the Imagineers call "Blue Sky Thinking." It's out-of-the box stuff like this that made WDW what it is today. A healthy disregard for the so-called "impossible" is what makes this place great. Think how many great ideas would have gone down the drain if the park's planners had discarded ideas at face value...
"Nah, the whole haunted house thing has been done before."
"Who would want to ride a roller coaster in the dark?"
"A revolving theatre? It'll never work."

I would, however, agree with others that it would probably be better suited at another loaction, though -- perhaps at One Mans Dream, or maybe even in the preshow at Carousel of Progress. Or maybe even as a seperate attraction at MGM. Imagine: "Great Moments with Walt." A multi-stage setup, with an AA Walt opening Disneyland, another AA outlining the vision for EPCOT (the city), etc. How cool would that be?

Disney_Belle

Coaster3001 said:
The only good way to have an Micheal Eisner Statue is if you put it in chester and hesters dino area and had him bent over so everyone could line up and kick his but.:sohappy: :sohappy:

or you could make one of those little games where the head pops up out of the different holes and whack them off the head as they pop up :)

CoryMitchell

The WDC has actually approached the Disney family about a Walt animatronic several times, but the family never approved of the idea. Lillian especially didn't like it.

brkgnews

CoryMitchell said:
The WDC has actually approached the Disney family about a Walt animatronic several times, but the family never approved of the idea. Lillian especially didn't like it.

If that's the case, the family's wishes should be honored.

DisneyMemories

Original Poster
I understand both sides of the issue,and just thought it be a neat idea with all their know how in creating magic it would not be hard,but like it was pointed out the family disaproved other wise it would have already been established in the parks. Oh well have a great day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom