Parks Noticeably slower this Father's Day Weekend

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
On the spur of the moment I was able to enjoy Father's Day weekend with my youngest M. A few things REALLY surprised me:

1) On Wednesday Night (short notice from my baby) I was able to reserve a Ap discounted room at Pop Century for the weekend (Friday - Sunday). I was surprised there were still discounted rooms this close to arrival date, even with all that has happened recently.

2) The parks were noticeably slower this weekend; everyday!

3) After returning home I checked and was able to find AP discounted rooms for next week and many weeks in July. Not just a few resorts, but a full complement of availability across all price points (Deluxe, Mod, Value).

How much of the above was really due to peeps cancelling after the senseless attacks?

#2 had to be somewhat influenced by the bad weather, but #1 & #3 I'm not convinced.

We had a nice weekend with much lower crowds, stayed late Saturday for a nice "Orlando Strong event" after park closing, were able to get Kiosk FPs for Soarin on Father's Day Sunday, and walked up to TS meals all 3 days of our stay. Not to mention stand by waits (rides we rode, not app stats) were much shorter than expected: RnR was 35 mins 9:00 Friday night, Splash Mountain 30 mins 9:30 Saturday Night.......

Is this a sign of things to come?

Brad Bishop

There is no question they are expecting a soft summer attendance. And this was before recent events.

Really? I thought that with the price increases and money-grabs ($150/head evening deal, $70/head morning deal, others but no need to list them) that things were going gangbusters for them.

DisneyDebRob

We are going Down the Friday after thanksgiving for 2 weeks and have been trying for 2 months to get a room for thanksgiving night. We are DVC and every available room from studio to one bedroom was booked. With the events of the last week and a half I tried again wondering if any opened. Got a 1 bedroom for that night so I think some people may be having second thoughts.

Daveeeeed

Totally slipped my mind half of DHS was gone. Also SWAGS premiered Friday too. Still didn't expect some many people at that trash park tbh
How dare you speak awfully of HWS:p Still at least there is Sunset Boulevard.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom