Parks EXTREMELY busy already

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Had a lot of reports in from Saturday that the parks are absolutely jammed. Studios parking lot was close on capacity, all the lots at Downtown were pretty much full, MK was VERY busy. No phased closings, but attendance was very high everywhere.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Had a lot of reports in from Saturday that the parks are absolutely jammed. Studios parking lot was close on capacity, all the lots at Downtown were pretty much full, MK was VERY busy. No phased closings, but attendance was very high everywhere.

I've heard that the Brazilian tour groups are already in abundance, and the Pop Warner kids are all over the place, unsupervised and generally tearing the place up. I hate to say this, but I'm actually glad not to be in WDW right now.

RSoxNo1

Good to hear... now who wants to get me the hard to get fastpasses for my collection?

The crowds seemed lighter than normal over Thanksgiving weekend (although still busy). Then the week after was the lightest I'd ever seen it.

Jerm

just got back last night from the world and can back this up. For the past week it had been busy, but nothing to bad. Yesterday, Saturday Dec 12th, we went to EPCOT and found the park to be more busy then it had been for the whole week. We did see lots of matching jump suites and cheering kids, but still had a great time....also it was fun because we heard the computers went down at least in the restaurants mid day which is why our bill from Chefs De France was hand written!

EPCOTPluto

Holidays much? :lookaroun:lol:

Looking at Touring Plans...today is listed at a 4. Then it jumps up to a 7 for next weekend.:shrug:
I have read that the first week or so in December are rated 1. Wow, have times changed.

EPCOT Explorer

Holidays much? :lookaroun:lol:

I have read that the first week or so in December are rated 1. Wow, have times changed.

Effit.:lookaroun:lol: I'm going to be in Disney World. I'll be fine.:lol: Everyone said last August was going to be hell, seeing that they kept amending hours, and even did while we were in the park....meanwhile our longest wait was 40 mins for Splash, and 20 for IASW. I was happy as a clam. I don't think that there is any other way to be once there.:king:

EPCOTPluto

Effit.:lookaroun:lol: I'm going to be in Disney World. I'll be fine.:lol: Everyone said last August was going to be hell, seeing that they kept amending hours, and even did while we were in the park....meanwhile our longest wait was 40 mins for Splash, and 20 for IASW. I was happy as a clam. I don't think that there is any other way to be once there.:king:
Oh, all right. But this one's for real. ;)

EPCOTPluto

Lies! All lies!:mad::ROFLOL:

We said the same thing after the Spring Break Capacity Closings. And with SM down.

I detect a pattern...:lookaroun

I don't trust any of you, now...:ROFLOL:
In that case...

GO! Parks now are NOT incredibly busy! No one is there! I hear SM has a wait time of 0! :eek: Glory be!

[/Optimistic for something unrealistic... :goodnevil]

MissM

I was at the world Saturday. It was really busy.

Downtown Disney (1pm) - NO PARKING ANYWHERE. All the PI and Marketplace lots were FULL. We circled the lots for about 20 minutes and couldn't find anything. We wound up parking in a 10 minute "package pickup" spot just so I could run and get the one item I needed.

Epcot (2pm-5pm) - We didn't ride any attractions. We just took a stroll around the World Showcase and shopped a bit. SSE was about a 20 minute wait on our way out. This park felt the least crowded in terms of walking around. There are wide, expansive walkways though which helps.

Grand Floridian (5-6pm) - The usual mix of people looking at the Gingerbread House and getting their pic taken by the tree. Photopass photographer was set up and there was a small line at all times to get your photo.

Magic Kingdom (6pm-10:30pm) - Park was PACKED. Every walkway was clogged and congested. FULL of large groups roaming together. TTA had multiple switch-backs on a corral set up AND the line went way down towards Buzz as well. It was at least a 20-30 minute wait. For TTA! Wishes was standing room only and everyone was pressed in around the Hub like sardines.

Huge groups left after Wishes (including us) even though the park was open until 1am. But HUGE groups were also entering as we were all waiting for a monorail.

This wasn't early December crowding. This was much more xmas - nye week crowding. It was almost as bad as I've ever seen it and it really blew my mind how busy it really was.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom