Parks are VERY busy right now!

ptaylor

Premium Member
Original Poster
I visited the parks yesterday and was surprised how busy things were. Wait times at the Magic Kingdom were between 60 and 110 minutes for most things, and walkways were pretty jammed.

Epcot equally was very busy.

It looks like those 8am to 1am hours are in place for a reason - it's VERY BUSY!

MomofKatie

According to a planning site, the parks are going to stay very busy for the rest of the month- some of the bigger crowds of the year

Crockett

Banned
Bumping this back up to hear if anyone has an update from this week. I work in Gatlinburg and we were slammed last weekend (3/18 -3/20). By the way the phone calls are pouring in for reservations, it seems like this upcoming week has a big chunk of the country on Spring Break as well. Just wondering how WDW is looking as the month of March winds down.

Clockwork

Just got back today I didnt feel the parks were that busy my wife and I never waited more than 30 minutes at any of the parks.We rode splash back to back and mansion alsp

rustysgirl

just posted this in another thread but i'm hoping to get a lot of feedback. does anyone know if the crowds will be better in about 2 weeks? or will it be crazy pretty much the whole F & G Festival?

Chezman1399

It will usually stay busy from Beginning of Spring Break until about a week or two after Easter because not everyone's spring break is at the same time. I remember when I was down there as a CP from now through sometime after Easter most CP's were working 6 or 7 days a week and 10 hour days.

devoy1701

Bumping this back up to hear if anyone has an update from this week. I work in Gatlinburg and we were slammed last weekend (3/18 -3/20). By the way the phone calls are pouring in for reservations, it seems like this upcoming week has a big chunk of the country on Spring Break as well. Just wondering how WDW is looking as the month of March winds down.

Hey Crockett, we were in Maggie Valley from 3/12-3/19 and were glad that the crowds stayed out of the National Park for most of that time...we were going to venture to Gatlinburg but decided against it...sounds like it was a good call. I hate trying to find parking in that town. :lookaroun

devoy1701

just posted this in another thread but i'm hoping to get a lot of feedback. does anyone know if the crowds will be better in about 2 weeks? or will it be crazy pretty much the whole F & G Festival?

Crowds will be heavy through most of April now...it usually lightens up a bit in May through Memorial Day...then it's all hell until August....usually.

Sometimes you get luck and get one of those rare days where everyone decided to sleep in or what have you...those are great days.

redshoesrock

It will usually stay busy from Beginning of Spring Break until about a week or two after Easter because not everyone's spring break is at the same time. I remember when I was down there as a CP from now through sometime after Easter most CP's were working 6 or 7 days a week and 10 hour days.

QFT.

When I was a CM, one year I was saving for my trip to Cali for DL, and I worked open to close (roughly 7am-1am) seven days straight for double-time (if there's less than eight hours between shifts your next shift you get double the pay). I not only received an outstanding paycheck, but I was a walking zombie at the end of the run and on my first day off I slept just about the entire day. Still, I got to go to DL so it was all worth it.

Chezman1399

QFT.

When I was a CM, one year I was saving for my trip to Cali for DL, and I worked open to close (roughly 7am-1am) seven days straight for double-time (if there's less than eight hours between shifts your next shift you get double the pay). I not only received an outstanding paycheck, but I was a walking zombie at the end of the run and on my first day off I slept just about the entire day. Still, I got to go to DL so it was all worth it.

I was a bit lucky because I worked as a Vacation Planner and the TTC ticket booths are only open until about 6 at the latest, but I swore I saw some people everyday in costume for like a month and a half straight.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom