Parking, transfering resort, and a bit of a surprise thrown in

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Hi all,

So here is the background: my DH and I are planning on a 2 day 1 night resort only stay at Beach Club next week. Everything is booked, planned and we are heading to see my parents today. Well, the surprise. Two nights ago my DH came in while I was brushing my teeth and gave me a total shock b/c he said that he wanted to take me into the MK on the 2nd full day of our stay! I nearly choked to death! (And for all of you who had bets I would go into a park while I was at WDW, well, you were right!)

So here is the current plan - we are keeping our resort only booking through disney with AAA discount and just buying tickets when we arrive. I am too close to check in to cancel with WDW and book a pkg through AAA and since we don't need the dining plan, this is the best way to do it.

I need to preface my next 2 part question by saying please don't flame me - no popcorn munching while you watch this thread disintegrate - that this question comes from a legitimate, I don't know place. And i'm not a girl who likes shinanagins - I follow the rules - but I really just want to know the rule in regards to this.

Since DH and I will be checking out of the BC to go to MK, and we will have a car, we need to know, as a resort guests to WDW are we able to park at any other resort or just the TTC? I know we can stay parked at BC or park at the TTC without paying.

Here is the 2nd part of the question - if we decide to stay a 2nd night and can grab a room at AOA (which currently says not available) or Pop, we are trying to avoid a great deal of driving around the morning we want to get to MK. So we will have luggage and our car. Again, where can we park the car if we have not checked into the 2nd resort yet (i.e. can we park at AOA with out checking in yet and head to MK via bus and check in when we get back that night) and when you transfer resorts in regards to your luggage, does bell services take care of getting it from one resort to the next for you or is it easier just to toss it in the car?

Again, please know that is coming from a place where I don't know the answer for certain and I need some logistical help trying to figure out the smoothest and fastest way to do this.

Thank you!

ratherbeinwdw

You know.. so many times I ask myself 'why do I pay for AAA again?' hehe.. I rarely use their services, yet pay them $100+ every year for like the last 20+ years. Damn piece of mind.. so expensive :)
We always get our money's worth from AAA when we rent a car or stay offsite at the Doubletree. We have gotten from 5 off a night to 20 off one time. There is no rhyme or reason there. I just book, then watch the site for a drop in price, then call and change my ressie and have them add the AAA on top. Went from 179.00 down to 89.00 one three month period of watching.

Upvote 0

Figgy1

We always get our money's worth from AAA when we rent a car or stay offsite at the Doubletree. We have gotten from 5 off a night to 20 off one time. There is no rhyme or reason there. I just book, then watch the site for a drop in price, then call and change my ressie and have them add the AAA on top. Went from 179.00 down to 89.00 one three month period of watching.
This trip renting a condo off sight saving 20% a night, saved enough on my tickets to pay for the membership and I get great parking!!! I love AAA!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom