Parking Secrets

bugsbunny

And the one thing I forgot to mention is that when I DO PARK in that parking lot, I stop and eat breakfast at the Trail's End. So I guess you can say that I really am not violating the policy. :animwink:

Regardless, it would seem that skipping out on a paid parking spot at WDW is akin to crimes against humanity. It would seem that people think this is grand larceny and somehow affects the entire WDW. I seriously doubt that the room rates at WDW are as high as they are becuase they are trying to make up for the lost parking revenue.

If you really want to get ridiculous, how about all you people that bring sandwiches to the parks?? Instead of getting food at the park, you are actually costing people their jobs. If everyone stopped doing this, the counters would be more crowded and more employees would be needed!!

So in fact, it is you, YOU SANDWICH EATERS, that are drain on society and why unemployment is so high. :lol:

Gail Hayden

bugsbunny said:
And the one thing I forgot to mention is that when I DO PARK in that parking lot, I stop and eat breakfast at the Trail's End. So I guess you can say that I really am not violating the policy. :animwink:

Regardless, it would seem that skipping out on a paid parking spot at WDW is akin to crimes against humanity. It would seem that people think this is grand larceny and somehow affects the entire WDW. I seriously doubt that the room rates at WDW are as high as they are becuase they are trying to make up for the lost parking revenue.

If you really want to get ridiculous, how about all you people that bring sandwiches to the parks?? Instead of getting food at the park, you are actually costing people their jobs. If everyone stopped doing this, the counters would be more crowded and more employees would be needed!!

So in fact, it is you, YOU SANDWICH EATERS, that are drain on society and why unemployment is so high. :lol:
Parking where you are not staying is against the rules. If you are there to eat, great, park all you want, but, after you eat, you are supposed to move your car if you are done at that resort.
Comparing this to bringing in sandwiches, food, and etc. is not valid. It is not against the rules to bring in food from the outside.
Trying to justify your actions by deflecting the subject to something else is absurd.
It is not the end of the world if you park where you are not supposed to, but, why not just follow the rules, which are in place for everyone.

disneyboy02

Hello!!! There are signs outside every theme park saying no outside food permited. It is also stated in the OFFICIAL guidebook birnbaum's that no outside food is permited in any of the theme parks, and if you call the disney theme parks for info they will tell you the same thing. However, i have a 5 year old and i have had some times where i have brought snacks in his backpack and depending on the person who checks the bags sometimes i was not allowed to bring in the snacks for him. So yes sometimes you can get away with bringing in outside food but it is still however breaking the rules because it is clearly posted in multiple locations (signage, guidebooks, disney website) that it is not allowed..

LSUxStitch

DarkMarik368 said:
Do you want to know whats bad about it. You go and pay the eight bucks and then you get told by a guy in a yellow shirtwho obviously never went beyond high school that you cant park in that nice parking space by the tram. NO. You gotta park in that quaint spot that you cant see without using binoculars. So then you park there and you gotta walk like two hundred yards for a tram to finally take you to the entrance. YES THIS SOUNDS LIKE SO MUCH FUN

Wow, I was definitely offended by this post. If you were educated even slightly about the roles of CM's, you would realize that many of the older folks you see in the parks, especially the tram drivers and speakers on the back, are retirees. There are also many custodial CMs that have retired in Florida and enjoy conversing with the guests and LOVE Disney (..Not for wages). The fact that you made this remark reminds me of many APs that have come to me in the park and made sly comments, behind my back (but I still heard) about our education level. At that point, I walked up to them in my custodial costume and remarked about the college program, and how I wanted to work for a huge company like Disney sometime down the road and it was my foot in the door. People that stereotype like this make me sick, just because I swept up trash does not mean that I am not educated at all, and the same goes for the "yellow shirt" CMs.

BTW, that nice space you referred to is for disability parking. I'm guessing you were one of the guests I had problems asking to leave the disability viewing areas for Illuminations. [sarcasm] I also had a brain usage job too other than sweeping the ground :rolleyes: [/sarcasm]

Robfasto

Lauriebar said:
I would pay $2.50 gladly (maybe even more!!) if I could find ANY water that was served with ICE! My biggest problem with the Dansani (other than the semi-yucky taste) is that it is never served cold enough! That can be said of the soft drinks as well. My DH and I will search out carts that have cups with ice available. We just find them more refreshing than the bottled drinks. Unfortunatly, they are harder and harder to find outside of counter service and sit down restaurants.

All you have to do is go to ANY Restaurant that has drinks and ask for a cup of ice water. Best of all it is free, you don't even have to buy anything else.

Halfling418

LSUxStitch said:
Wow, I was definitely offended by this post. If you were educated even slightly about the roles of CM's, you would realize that many of the older folks you see in the parks, especially the tram drivers and speakers on the back, are retirees. There are also many custodial CMs that have retired in Florida and enjoy conversing with the guests and LOVE Disney (..Not for wages). The fact that you made this remark reminds me of many APs that have come to me in the park and made sly comments, behind my back (but I still heard) about our education level. At that point, I walked up to them in my custodial costume and remarked about the college program, and how I wanted to work for a huge company like Disney sometime down the road and it was my foot in the door. People that stereotype like this make me sick, just because I swept up trash does not mean that I am not educated at all, and the same goes for the "yellow shirt" CMs.

BTW, that nice space you referred to is for disability parking. I'm guessing you were one of the guests I had problems asking to leave the disability viewing areas for Illuminations. [sarcasm] I also had a brain usage job too other than sweeping the ground :rolleyes: [/sarcasm]

Yeah, I'm gonna do the college program next year, and if someone remarked about my low level of education I'd be tempted to start spouting off biological processes or greek philosophy...and yes, many of the people are retirees, and are the sweetest people who are just doing their jobs.

Even if someone has a low level of education, that's no reason for a person to think that he/she is better than the cast member.

nbarney

All the times I have been to the MK I never thought of this until recently. We have little ones and one who still needs a stroller for those long walks. We pay at the toll booth for parking and I proceed around to the guest drop off area to unload the wife and little ones with all the baggage that goes with them. I then proceed back around to park and hop the tram by myself instead of loading and loading the stroller and family on the tram when everyone is rushing to get on. I lose about 5 minutes by doing this but it is worth it.

I know this post has been dragging out but I hope this helps some families with little ones.

jozzmenia

i'm actually surprised at the trouble people are willing to go through to save suck a small amount. i mean, as someone else said, you're going to miss out on 45 minutes of park time to save a few bucks? it doesn't really make sense to me. i mean hotel taxes for a day cost more than 8 bucks. a burger in the park, shoe laces, etc. it's not that serious in my opinion. then u risk getting caught, making the whole thing a waste. there are legitimate ways to save a lot more money on vacation. plan it out in advance. of course youre going to spend a lot of money at disney or on any vacation. but i think it takes away from the enjoyment if you're constantly plotting ways to breaks the rules and save $2.00. u should pay the money and enjoy your day. i mean, i hardly think anyone who can even afford to GO to Disneyworld can't afford to pay $8 for parking. But hey, to each his own.

momto3grr8tkids

Geez folks so what if you have to walk a little ways to the tram. DUh you are going to be walking all day, consider it a warm-up!

Pay the $ and quit being sooo cheap. If you can't afford a few dollars to park you can't afford to go!

lamarvenoy

I curse the people with temp tags everytime I can't find a spot at the Contemporary- it's you people that make me pay the extra money to valet. Parking at a resort is for the resort guests only and I hope the rest of you get towed.Cheap unethical people ruin it for everyone.

dflye

lamarvenoy said:
I curse the people with temp tags everytime I can't find a spot at the Contemporary- it's you people that make me pay the extra money to valet. Parking at a resort is for the resort guests only and I hope the rest of you get towed.Cheap unethical people ruin it for everyone.

Sorry to come late to a long-ago beaten-to-death thread, but have to put in my $0.02 here.

I have to post a somewhat dissenting opinion to lamarvenoy's opinion. As a DVC member who drives down to Orlando each year, I always have a vehicle, and for the few places where it can speed up getting into a park, I use the DVC parking pass to weasel into the parking lot at another resort nearby to the park I want to go to (and the resort gate-keepers absolutely do not mess with DVC members, based upon 10 years of experience on using this trick!)

This is most beneficial for getting into the MK by parking at the Contemporary, only a short walk to the entry area from there. Then again, half the time I like to park in the main lot, and take either the boat or the monorail for the more scenic and relaxing route to getting to the MK.

Another good parking cheat is to park at the BoardWalk or Yacht & Beach Club, and hike around the lake to the back-door into EPCOT. This is totally the best way to make a late night visit to just see IllumiNations and beat the after-show crowds that rush the main parking lot. Just make sure to watch the show near the bridge by the French pavilion :)

In all of these cases, Disney isn't losing one single thin dime from me, as I've already got a free parking pass due to my resort parking pass from paying the $$$ to stay on property. So unless a resort parking lot is filled beyond capacity, I'm hurting no-one.

As to the nut-cases who want to park at Disney Downtown, and then play bus-roulette to find the fastest route to a given park, just give in and pay the eight bucks at the parking lot for the park you want to visit! If you have a car, and are staying off-property, you are wasting valuable time waiting for a bus transfer!

Oh, and if you have a AAA membership, make sure to visit your local office, they'll give you a pass to park at the absolute front of the lot for all of the parks, right next to the handicap section! This is on a space available basis, so arrive early during peak seasons!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom