Parking Secrets

StitchCrazy626

Original Poster
This tip can help you get totally free parking from any single one of the four Disney Parks. In my most recent visit to Walt Disney World, we knew that buses would run from Downtown Disney to the hotels, so, we parked our car at Downtown Disney and took the bus to a familiar hotel, such as the All Star Music. We then took a bus from there to go to our park, which happened to be the Magic Kingdom. We did the same exact thing back to end up at Downtown Disney and we then left. This worked perfectly fine, and we didn't even have to pay for parking! Great idea, and it worked perfectly for us.

Erika

The more people that end up doing this, the closer we get to the point where they end up checking everyone for resort IDs. I think this is one of those ideas better kept to oneself. :animwink:

To add my own thoughts, those of us staying in the WDW resorts are indirectly paying for the shuttle service. If the crowds were low, I'd not be upset at anybody taking advantage, but if the busses were standing room only, I'd be a little ticked off.

Figment1986

Die money stealing troll... (Troll M perhaps..)

Please do not rip disney off of money.. and you are taking a nice parking space for those who want to go shopping at the shops.....

You are also not helping disney by parking at the lot and going to a resort... then parks and not paying for parking at their lots... whihc by paying there.. you help maintaing it.... (and one day your money may get the lots to be reserfaced... without having to raise the price of parking ever higher....)

Disneydreaming

But just think about how much quicker it would be if you just drove to the parks and paid the fee. I bet you lost at least a half hour to an hour trying to save a few dollars. In my world, every moment that I have at Disney is precious:) . I don't want to waste a moment.

mattb

Disneydreaming said:
But just think about how much quicker it would be if you just drove to the parks and paid the fee. I bet you lost at least a half hour to an hour trying to save a few dollars. In my world, every moment that I have at Disney is precious:) . I don't want to waste a moment.
Bingo. I can afford it (and I'm a poor college student who goes waay to often), and so can you.

DarkMarik368

The easiest place to do all of this parking stuff is boardwalk. They ask you what your there for just tell them that your eating at Spoodles or the ESPN Club or something. Then you have easy walking to Epcot. A boat ride to MGM and walk through Epcot and ride the monorail to the Transportation and Ticket Center to go anywhere

The_CEO

You all freak out over everything. Good for you for parking at DTD... It isn't like this person parked at The Polynesian.

The_CEO

Also the way I see it is if one person/family wants to spend an extra 45 min - 1 1/2 hours riding busses to save 10 dollars.. Then let them. Everyone else will be closer and not have to ride 2-3 diffrent busses to their car at the end of the night.

DarkMarik368

Do you want to know whats bad about it. You go and pay the eight bucks and then you get told by a guy in a yellow shirtwho obviously never went beyond high school that you cant park in that nice parking space by the tram. NO. You gotta park in that quaint spot that you cant see without using binoculars. So then you park there and you gotta walk like two hundred yards for a tram to finally take you to the entrance. YES THIS SOUNDS LIKE SO MUCH FUN

DarkMarik368

Do you want to know whats bad about it. You go and pay the eight bucks and then you get told by a guy in a yellow shirt who obviously never went beyond high school that you cant park in that nice parking space by the tram. NO. You gotta park in that quaint spot that you cant see without using binoculars. So then you park there and you gotta walk like two hundred yards for a tram to finally take you to the entrance. YES THIS SOUNDS LIKE SO MUCH FUN

disneyfreak1259

I have a TINY secret for all those Walt Disney World resort guests who have trouble parking at the Magic Kingdom parking lot......The thing to do is go to the Polynesian resort and tell the people in the little "hut" that your having breakfast, lunch, dinner...and then you'll get a parking pass....Dont worry about the time for my family the security RARELY ever checks the passes just as long as u have one....then you just head up to the monorails and go to the Magic Kingdom... the resort monorails are less crowded then the express and there's certainly not as long of a walk to a tram or that. Just wanted to let others know!:)

Disneydreaming

disneyfreak1259 said:
I have a TINY secret for all those Walt Disney World resort guests who have trouble parking at the Magic Kingdom parking lot......The thing to do is go to the Polynesian resort and tell the people in the little "hut" that your having breakfast, lunch, dinner...and then you'll get a parking pass....Dont worry about the time for my family the security RARELY ever checks the passes just as long as u have one....then you just head up to the monorails and go to the Magic Kingdom... the resort monorails are less crowded then the express and there's certainly not as long of a walk to a tram or that. Just wanted to let others know!:)
There is a name/record list for all dining reservation that is given to each of the motor check in entrances for each of the monorail hotels. If you name is not on the list you won't be able to get in. They (the security guards) know what people are up to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom