Parking Prices

sames1

Original Poster
As I understand it to Park a car at WDW now it costs $8.00 a day. That's more than the orignal price of a general admission ticket in 1971 ( $3.75 )

Wouldn't it be nice to own just the parking lots? Wow.

bsandersjr

HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO PARK AT THE DISNEY THEME PARKS?

The daily parking charges for various vehicles are:

Auto/Taxi $9
Camper/RV $10
Auto/Trailer $8
Limo/Shuttle $9
Bus $12
Tractor Trailer $12

Auto/Taxi, Auto/Trailer....... Difference?

ToTBellHop

It's still better than Six Flags' asinine $15/car price they are instating at many of their parks this year...and $60 admission at Magic Mountain. Ouch.

ThumpersThought

Before Disney raised to $9, they were the cheapest of the major Orlando parks (SeaWorld and Universal were already $9).

Given that I used to pay $8 for 4 hours where I'm originally from, it still seems like a bargain to me since many people have to park (well, that and I've never actually paid to park at Disney -- or SeaWorld -- or Universal)

Using a currency calculator, $9 today would be $1.80 in 1971.
Heck, paying $242 for 10 day park hopper would be the same as paying $48.40 in 1971*
That $10 burger should have cost $2 in '71.
* and don't forget, in 1971, that $3 ticket was only good for one park.

And don't tell Disney, but if they were charging $8 for parking in 2000, they should now be charging $9.41.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
HauntedPirate said:
Don't AP holders and DVC members get free parking as well?
It depends on the level of AP you have as to weather you get free parking or not. Seasonal APs don't get free parking but regular APs and above do.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I thought AP's did... although ours expired and, for the second time, did NOT receive any kind of renewal notice from Disney. I'm checking on DVC members.... since we are either one or both of the mentioned people at any given time. :)

Littlebit

We stopped relying on Disney to give us renewal notices years ago <G>. We know when our APs and DDE expire and do what we need to do when we need to do it.

And yes, DVC members can park for free at the theme parks. They can also valet park for free at resort hotels that contain DVC establishments (ie BC, WL, SS, etc).

Disney Dining Experience members who don't have APs can get their theme park parking fees refunded if they show their dining receipt to Guest Services. Disney Dining guests also get free valet parking at the resorts if you show your DDE card and, upon request, a copy of your dining receipt.

Visitors with a handicapped placard or licence plate/auto tag can valet park for free at all Disney resort hotels.

Scooter

If Disney was smart, they would just figure in the parking fee into the admission prices. That way they would get their $8 from everyone, even the people who don't drive...and the people would get "Free Parking" and think they they are at least getting SOMETHING for free at WdW.:animwink:

ADMISSION: $60...but parking is FREE FREE FREE!!!:sohappy:

kathyjacks

as much as tickets are you would think parking to attend those parks and resturants would be free???????????I know i am a cheappy.lol

peter11435

sames1 said:
As I understand it to Park a car at WDW now it costs $8.00 a day. That's more than the orignal price of a general admission ticket in 1971 ( $3.75 )

Wouldn't it be nice to own just the parking lots? Wow.
While the admission was cheap in 1971, you have to remember that you then had to pay for each ride you wanted to do in the form of ticket books. Thus it cost you a lot more than 3.75.

ryguy

Whoever thought of charging customers to park there vehicles at a business so they can spend money at your business is a genius. Any parking fee is pure profit for any business. Its easy money. There is really no upkeep to a parking lot. Its a real scam. However, we are the fools who keep paying the price. Unfortunately, for the majority of us there is little we can do. It would be nice if at some point one of the major theme parks took the high ground and said we are not raising prices on parking for several years. They always copy one another. God forbid should Universal have cheaper parking than Disney or vice versa. Its kind of sad, slave to the almighty dollar.

SpongeScott

ryguy said:
Whoever thought of charging customers to park there vehicles at a business so they can spend money at your business is a genius. Any parking fee is pure profit for any business. Its easy money. There is really no upkeep to a parking lot. Its a real scam. However, we are the fools who keep paying the price. Unfortunately, for the majority of us there is little we can do. It would be nice if at some point one of the major theme parks took the high ground and said we are not raising prices on parking for several years. They always copy one another. God forbid should Universal have cheaper parking than Disney or vice versa. Its kind of sad, slave to the almighty dollar.
Welcome to a capitalistic, free-enterprise system.

Actually, I would think that parking revenue could go to upkeep of the trams, pay for the salaries of those workers, design and printing of the parking ticket, insurance on the trams, and whatever maintenance there is on the lot. Still, it's a HUGE moneymaker.

Teenchy

Scooter said:
If Disney was smart, they would just figure in the parking fee into the admission prices. That way they would get their $8 from everyone, even the people who don't drive...and the people would get "Free Parking" and think they they are at least getting SOMETHING for free at WdW.:animwink:

:fork: Dont givem any ideas!

Anyway I'm a DVC member. Hopefully I'll be parking for Free until I'm 77!

ToTBellHop

Scooter said:

That would preclude the impetus that the parking fee has on guests to stay at a Disney Resort, wouldn't it? The "free" transportation is one of the Resort Hotel perks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom