Parking Prices

ryguy

I think sporting events are a little different for the fact that they only have a limited number of games. In the case of the patriots they only have 10-13 home games a year to generate income. Where Disney is open 365. Plus you probably had multiple lots to choose from at that venue that ranged in price. At the Disney lot you have no choice but to pay or take a cab!! By the way I saw the Patriots twice this year, however, I am a bronco fan.

Tigggrl

Parking at Dsneyland: 10.00! We just went on Tuesday. Parking at the San Diego Zoo...FREE!
Guess where I am going.....LOL:p

MissM

Parking at Disney (and other related theme parks for that matter) is honestly quite a scam. I mean think about it. You don't have any choice but to park in their lot. So it's like extortion. You're already paying a massive ticket price to get in the door but you can't even get to the door without first paying to put your car on their pavement. At which point of course, any damage that happens to your car is too bad for you since they won't even accept a smidge of responsbility for what happens in their lot.

So you pay to use their pavement, don't get any warrenty of service and don't have a choice to park anywhere else instead.

It's really kinda crappy when you think about it. It realistically makes a one-day ticket $70 and not $60. :(
-m

ps: You can park anywhere at any time - sporting events included - in downtown Tampa for no more then $10. The parking lots/garages aren't run or owned by the sports teams so it's not like they're double charging you either. They get the ticket price and the city or private owner gets the parking fee. It's a lot easier to swallow that then paying the same person twice; once to use their pavement and once to get to their front door.

peter11435

MissM said:
Parking at Disney is honestly quite a scam. I mean think about it. You don't have any choice but to park in their lot. So it's like extortion.

But you don't have to go to Disney. Thus you do have a choice. You can decide not to go at all. You are not being forced to pay it.

Dwarful

I wonder what percentage of vehicles are paying. We have gone to WDW regularly since we were married in '95 and have never paid to park our vehicle. Either because we were onsite guests (usually take the bus) or we used our ap.
We pay 10-15 to park for a Cardinals game and now that they have stopped selling season tickets because they are running out of available tickets, I imagine we will see a jump in parking prices.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom