Parking Lot Trash

Anteater

It's a beautiful story and I don't see it as 2 wrongs. It was one wrong and one perfect piece of retribution.
we need more of this kind of vigilantism
I think there's other ways to make your point without damaging people's property (if that liquid stays on the paint long enough, it's going to damage the paint). It's trash. it's not like they painted graffiti on the side of the Monorail. Maybe we could use this thread to come up with better, more effective, yet less vindictive, ways to to do something about this.

Wrong Park! 🤣

kalel8145

I think there's other ways to make your point without damaging people's property (if that liquid stays on the paint long enough, it's going to damage the paint). It's trash. it's not like they painted graffiti on the side of the Monorail. Maybe we could use this thread to come up with better, more effective, yet less vindictive, ways to to do something about this.

Wrong Park! 🤣
I'm an equal opportunity superhero guy. 🦸‍♂️ 🦸‍♀️

Married5Times

think there's other ways to make your point without damaging people's property (if that liquid stays on the paint long enough, it's going to damage the paint).

Actually, I appreciate your patience and overall restraint......... high-level qualities for sure, most admirable(not being facetious or smart at all, just straight up telling you I appreciate your approach)......... but there is something most rewarding about giving back what is proper and just. The satisfaction is off the charts here.

when one litters or defaces things that hundreds if not thousands see then it affects, well, hundreds and thousands. leaving garbage at a local park can adversely affect many. And outside of any contradictory account of the incident, I have to believe that our resident piano playing mouse has told us the material truth

Married5Times

before I knew it an in full uniform US Army guy had gotten out of his car behind me and walked right up to them.

details

I know you said "Army" but is that just a catch-all description of some dude decked out in military garb or did you mean precisely the Army branch of military personnel.

I ask because if a Marine Srgt Hartman (Lee Irmey) like senior drill instructor from "Full Metal Jacket" came up to my car window after I knowingly dropped trash out, I'd change my outlook very, very fast and get busy cleaning up!!

kalel8145

details

I know you said "Army" but is that just a catch-all description of some dude decked out in military garb or did you mean precisely the Army branch of military personnel.

I ask because if a Marine Srgt Hartman (Lee Irmey) like senior drill instructor from "Full Metal Jacket" came up to my car window after I knowingly dropped trash out, I'd change my outlook very, very fast and get busy cleaning up!!
Private litter bug what is your major malfunction

JoeCamel

details

If Lee Ermie showed up at my car window I would have to declare a zombie apocalypse

Last edited:

Lilofan

details

Know some Devil Dogs. One said going to PI turned him from a boy to a man especially when the DI ordered the platoon to experience "Incentive Training " throughout the day and early night. When some Navy guys complain about living and eating conditions on ship they don't hold a candle to the Marines.

yensid1967

We've seen all kinds of trash allover the parking lots for a while now, seems to be getting worse. Fast food wrapers, paper bags, empty bottles/cups, even dirty diapers! Unbelievable. 😠
And THIS is the kind of guests that are coming to the parks and paying the higher prices...WAY TO GO DISNEY!

AKL2003

This is, unfortunately, a sign of the times and not just at Disney. I have worked in retail for the past 30 years and have thrown more garbage out (that's been left on my sales floor and in my fitting rooms) in the past two years than i did in the previous two DECADES. I don't know if this is a result of the pandemic or not, perhaps we have forgotten how to behave in public, but it's bad and only getting worse.

donaldtoo

This isn’t really new. I worked at our local mall Disney Store (long-defunked now) for over 4 years, 1+ year as a Lead Manager, from August 16th of ‘09 to October 17th of ‘13. The place was a disaster at the end of most nights. Drinks left sweating on shelves, all kinds of candy wrappers, other various trash, plush mountain having been gone through and slobbered all over…freakin’ insane.
I really could write a book, based on those four+ years…!!!!! :hilarious:

Lilofan

This isn’t really new. I worked at our local mall Disney Store (long-defunked now) for over 4 years, 1+ year as a Lead Manager, from August 16th of ‘09 to October 17th of ‘13. The place was a disaster at the end of most nights. Drinks left sweating on shelves, all kinds of candy wrappers, other various trash, plush mountain having been gone through and slobbered all over…freakin’ insane.
I really could write a book, based on those four+ years…!!!!! :hilarious:
One challenging trash to pick up is tissue paper covered in human waste. In Brazil , it is normal for after you complete your bathroom business, one deposits the used TP in the small trash can besides the toilet. The reason is that the water pressure in Brazil is generally weak and TP will not successfully go down the toilet. When one does not see an adjacent trash can by the toilet at WDW , some leave the used TP on the floor.

Last edited:

Patcheslee

Yes, where I work too. I don't get it.

On a very related note, I work in a female dominated industry so at times, there are only two guys working here. It becomes blatantly obvious who mucks up the restroom in this scenario. I am also the big boss, so it is a bit satisfying to coach guys on proper toilet etiquette.
Previous factory I worked in was beyond disgusting in restrooms. Used toilet paper stuck on walls, and the worst offenders was the women restrooms with certain products being stuck to the walls.
Where I am now an email had to go out for people putting their empty wrappers back in the shelf after the food was eaten. We have one of those open kiosk locations vs a vending machine. Trash cans are literally at every door to leave the break area.

MaryJaneP

One challenging trash to pick up is tissue paper covered in human waste. In Brazil , it is normal for after you complete your bathroom business, one deposits the used TP in the small trash can besides the toilet. The reason is that the water pressure in Brazil is generally weak and TP will not successfully go down the toilet. When one does not see an adjacent trash can by the toilet at WDW , some leave the used TP on the floor.
FWIW, many other countries, besides Brazil, strongly advise that all TP go in the rubbish bin and not down the toilet. We were told this is a wastewater handling system limitation and, unlike you, were told this is not a water pressure problem. In fact, joking with visitors from other countries that when their flights finally reach the States (i.e. Miami) they can flush away. BTW, also told that is was wasteful to use more than 3 squares of TP and only should have 1 wipe per visit.

Lilofan

FWIW, many other countries, besides Brazil, strongly advise that all TP go in the rubbish bin and not down the toilet. We were told this is a wastewater handling system limitation and, unlike you, were told this is not a water pressure problem. In fact, joking with visitors from other countries that when their flights finally reach the States (i.e. Miami) they can flush away. BTW, also told that is was wasteful to use more than 3 squares of TP and only should have 1 wipe per visit.
Apparently Americans marched to a different beat ( panic buying TP during summer and fall 2020. ).

Married5Times

The reason is that the water pressure in Brazil is generally weak and TP will not successfully go down the toilet.

Brazil doesn't use toilets with tanks like in USA?? Or if it does then its tanks don't hold enough water to flush properly??

Tanks rely on gravity.............'water pressure' as far as typical plumbing talk is more associated with water entry(aka supply lines) like 1/2" diameter plastic or copper to fill the holding tank whereas water/waste exit ABS or plastic lines usually 4" diameter are not pressurized.

Lilofan

Brazil doesn't use toilets with tanks like in USA?? Or if it does then its tanks don't hold enough water to flush properly??

Tanks rely on gravity.............'water pressure' as far as typical plumbing talk is more associated with water entry(aka supply lines) like 1/2" diameter plastic or copper to fill the holding tank whereas water/waste exit ABS or plastic lines usually 4" diameter are not pressurized.
If you've ever flushed a toilet in Brazil you would see the weak water pressure firsthand.

Nubs70

#2 is a culturally diverse activity.

20210627_142840.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom