News Parking Fees increase effective October 16 2018

Lyman

Disney doesn't need any excuses. It's a luxury item and it's their property. They can raise the price to $500 per day to park if they want. They don't have to have an excuse.

If you don't like it, don't go. Simple as that. One can exist without a Walt Disney World vacation just fine. When market forces dictate to Disney that their fees are too high, they will lower them. As long as a sufficient number of people keep showing up and paying the prices, they will keep raising them.

I don't know why we have to keep having this same debate over and over again.

Finally someone who has it figured out!

" one can exist without a Walt Disney world vacation just fine "

I was a kid before Disney parks. Gee I grew up happy as a lark entertaining myself. Parents didn't have to pay to make me happy. To me the good old days.

eliza61nyc

Finally someone who has it figured out!

" one can exist without a Walt Disney world vacation just fine "

I was a kid before Disney parks. Gee I grew up happy as a lark entertaining myself. Parents didn't have to pay to make me happy. To me the good old days.

Lol maybe that's why they get away with the price increases because folks keep equating Disney to the meaning of life.

A bit off topic
Interestingly enough, I asked my son's what were some of their happiest memories with their dad ( we lost the old guy, as I fondly called him to cancer a few years back) and not one was of a disney vacation.

nolatron

If I was staying offsite for our next trip, $25/day still wouldn't bother me. For 6 days of parking and $150 worth gas to drive to/from WDW, sure still beats the $2,575 Southwest wants for airfare.

Lyman

Coming soon to WDW--- on site guests you get to choose 3 TFP (toilet fast passes) more than 3 it will cost you for each deposit. Off site guests no TFP's for you ---you pay for every deposit

Coming soon to WDW--- on site guests you get to choose 3 TFP (toilet fast passes) more than 3 it will cost you for each deposit. Off site guests no TFP's for you ---you pay for every deposit

The worse is coming. Pay toilets in each room. 3 flushes allowed in room price. Additional at extra cost per flush.

Then disney will taint the food causing multiple flushes :rolleyes:

draybook

If I was staying offsite for our next trip, $25/day still wouldn't bother me. For 6 days of parking and $150 worth gas to drive to/from WDW, sure still beats the $2,575 Southwest wants for airfare.

Not everyone who stays off-site flys and some of us have free parking due to our APs.

disneyflush

Everything with a bit of randomness has room to be monetized really. Off the top of my head.........

The bus stop is fairly random throughout the day. You can add on unlimited Minnie Van rides on property for the length of your stay for $299.

Specific room choice/location is pretty random at check-in. Lock in the room location of your choice (based on availability) for a $299 per total reservation price charge.

Tired of going to visit your favorite character and waiting in line? Schedule a 15 minute private visit from your favorite character to your room! $149.

Want to be a part of the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor show? Make sure someone in your party is chosen to play the One-Eyed Guy by reserving their spot in YOUR experience! $29

Be the Assistant Skipper in your Jungle Cruise. Enhance your child's Jungle Cruise by prepaying to have your child be the navigator when your family rides the Jungle Cruise! Your child will be addressed by name throughout the ride by the Skipper and will help save the day along the way! $29.

Would you like to see your child's face on the castle during the end-of-night project show? Upgrade your viewing experience to make sure your child has an unforgettable magic moment the night you visit Magic Kingdom! $299 puts your child's face, or another loved one's, face on the castle for the entire audience to see during the show for a full 3 seconds! A classic piece of magic never to be forgotten! Extremely limited, book now!

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
This applies to airline tickets, cab/Uber fare, train tickets, movie/theater tickets, power bill, and on and on for probably hundreds of examples. I don't see your unique point as far as Disney goes. Why the anger at a company selling a luxury?

I don't mind paying higher prices if I get something for it. The biggest kick in the gut is not the price increases, it's the cutting of hours, entertainment, and attractions.

Remember when you could routinely be in the MK till 3AM? Guests will never experience that again.
Two Parades a night? (lol)
Epcot open past 9PM?
Etc, Etc, Etc.

To those of you who say if you don't like it don't go, you clearly don't remember when Disney cared about their guest's experience. Yes it was always expensive, but you got so much more out of it than you do today.

Tom P.

Everything with a bit of randomness has room to be monetized really. Off the top of my head.........

The bus stop is fairly random throughout the day. You can add on unlimited Minnie Van rides on property for the length of your stay for $299.
I am happy with the bus system, so I wouldn't do it, but I could see lots of people paying for that.

Specific room choice/location is pretty random at check-in. Lock in the room location of your choice (based on availability) for a $299 per total reservation price charge.
I might actually do that one.

Tired of going to visit your favorite character and waiting in line? Schedule a 15 minute private visit from your favorite character to your room! $149.
If they did something like that, I think it would be priced way higher than you are proposing. But I think there is a potential safety/general creepiness factor to that, particularly with the female face characters, that would push Disney away from that particular monetization. Even Disney has its limits.

Want to be a part of the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor show? Make sure someone in your party is chosen to play the One-Eyed Guy by reserving their spot in YOUR experience! $29

Be the Assistant Skipper in your Jungle Cruise. Enhance your child's Jungle Cruise by prepaying to have your child be the navigator when your family rides the Jungle Cruise! Your child will be addressed by name throughout the ride by the Skipper and will help save the day along the way! $29.
Both of those would sell out within seconds.

Would you like to see your child's face on the castle during the end-of-night project show? Upgrade your viewing experience to make sure your child has an unforgettable magic moment the night you visit Magic Kingdom! $299 puts your child's face, or another loved one's, face on the castle for the entire audience to see during the show for a full 3 seconds! A classic piece of magic never to be forgotten! Extremely limited, book now!
That one would go to far and the outrage from the general public that certain specific people get shown would force Disney to back down.

Delgado

Length of stay is an irrelevant argument. Some people (many) only visit WDW for one day too. And many people go to multiple sporting events. The standard is the same you are paying to park for a single day in both cases.

There are cheaper ways to get to the WDW parks also. Uber, lyft, shuttle, taxi, etc. In both cases you are paying a premium for the convenience of parking at the venue.

Who the fee goes to is also a week argument. In both cases the cost goes to upkeep and operation of the lot and profit for its owner. In the case of the sportsman venue it varies who that may be but it’s not always someone different.
Saying these are the same is ridiculous. Until you call a giants game “vacation” this is a joke.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Nope. Don’t like it don’t go. Simple really. Supply and demand. Cupcakes are delicious. I pay for exclusive access therefore I’m better then you. Dizknee is a bidniss....So on and so forth.

I can't wait to see what they do with all of that wasted land they're using for parking. Ick! Maybe after the peasants are gone they can expand the seven seas lagoon out to both coasts. I'd love to take the yacht down to WDW rather than this old Ferrari.

Lensman

Saying these are the same is ridiculous. Until you call a giants game “vacation” this is a joke.
I'm mad that parking at the WDW parks is going up from $22 to $25 per day. I am mad that parking at Yankee stadium is $2432 for the season. I don't understand why you think I shouldn't be mad at both these things. Please help.

Delgado

I'm mad that parking at the WDW parks is going up from $22 to $25 per day. I am mad that parking at Yankee stadium is $2432 for the season. I don't understand why you think I shouldn't be mad at both these things. Please help.
You absolutely have the right to be mad. I’m saying comparing them is ridiculous.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom