News Parking Fees increase effective October 16 2018

eliza61nyc

Ideally, what I'd like to see happen: Attendance starts falling, as people finally get sick of the near-across-the-board price increases. Discounts are given... but attendance doesn't rise. Prices are increased again to compensate for per-guest spending declines, in an attempt to prop up the numbers for Wall Street. It fails, plus attendance continues on a downward trend. TWDC stock drops by 40-50%. Iger leaves in 2021 with his tail between his legs. A new CEO is hired, from outside, who has some idea of what creativity is and knows that the Walt/Roy and Michael/Frank mix at the top is the best way to run a company like TWDC. Chapek is fired (and the door actually does hit him in the *** on the way out :D ), and the new CEO finds someone who is that business/creative foil to him/her to run P&R. The theme parks are enhanced/expanded, with new ideas and unique experiences, with a distinct lack of focus on "merch synergy" and Iger-acquired movie IP.

Realistic? Not bloody likely. But one can dream...

So what are your options? and that's the million dollar question. I agree this would be an solution but even this is a ways down the road.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
@Tom P.

Forgetting the argument of the general direction creatively of the parks...that’s a completely different thing, and quite frankly is a much more interesting discussion.

But to pricing issues....

The reason these threads devolve into 50 pages of the same carp is because of the misguided and condescending way some posters like to try and insect some sort of “reality” into the discussion.

I know the reality. We all know the reality. We all get it. That doesn’t stop it from sucking when Disney is very obviously targeting it’s “guests”. There’s no need to swoop in and say “too bad, neener neener, Disney has the right to do whatever they want”....

That’s why these discussions get so contentious. Dumb posters (not you) who think they are so smart for saying, don’t like it don’t go. Or Dizney Werld is a bidness. We know!!! We just are mad about the direction of the parks.

I’m at the gym, so it’s hard to parse my thoughts correctly here, hopefully I got my point across.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
So what are your options? and that's the million dollar question. I agree this would be an solution but even this is a ways down the road.

Honestly? Nothing's going to change under the Bobs. It would take a seismic shift at the top for a direction change these days.

WEDwaydatamover

Prebooking your parking is an idea I would suggest to TDO as a viable solution to a noteworthy number of complaints.

Preparking is better than Reeboking.

If we can think of horrible ideas before TDO can (and believe me it's a race to the bottom) than they cannot use our horrible ideas on the Parks without a legal battle;)

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Prebooking your parking is an idea I would suggest to TDO as a viable solution to a noteworthy number of complaints.

If we can think of horrible ideas before TDO can (and believe me it's a race to the bottom) than they cannot use our horrible ideas on the Parks without a legal battle;)

Hey, TDO employs some of the finest minds around to come up with those horrible ideas. Do you honestly think unedjumakatd roobz like us can do better? :hilarious:

Totally agree with your comment on it being a race to the bottom. They've seemingly joined the likes of United and AA in seeing how low they can go. :bored:

WEDwaydatamover

Hey, TDO employs some of the finest minds around to come up with those horrible ideas. Do you honestly think unedjumakatd roobz like us can do better? :hilarious:

Totally agree with your comment on it being a race to the bottom. They've seemingly joined the likes of United and AA in seeing how low they can go. :bored:

I was trying to be optimistic. You're right tho they really are the best at doing the worst.

You said it...

I'm just here as a witness !!

Hilarious

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Can’t you just tell us all how ah-mah-zing the new all you can eat cupcake party is?

Can't wait to celebrate Mickey's 90th birthday with a totally lit cupcake!!! It would be even better if I could take a pic of it against a purple wall and 'gram it. It's the creme de la creme of birthday celebrations, I tell ya. Puts those old, antiquated parades and even theme park lands opened for his birthday back in the dark ages to shame.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer

Think about how they can monetize this! Reserve your parking space 180 days in advance of your Disney world vacation! They can offer pre-paying to lock in the parking rate, and charge a cancellation fee within 45 days of the reservation.

WEDwaydatamover

Come on RustySpork,
The hipsters aren't hanging out in front of the purple wall begging for change. Any smart ones are smoking and hanging out where the money is at in the prebooked parking area...

HauntedPirate and I, if I believe correctly are at a roundtable discussion as we speak -cocktails, gals, jacuzzi and feathered dancing TDO lawyers.

Last edited:

Lensman

The reason these threads devolve into 50 pages of the same carp is because of the misguided and condescending way some posters like to try and insect some sort of “reality” into the discussion.

I know the reality. We all know the reality. We all get it. That doesn’t stop it from sucking when Disney is very obviously targeting it’s “guests”. There’s no need to swoop in and say “too bad, neener neener, Disney has the right to do whatever they want”....

That’s why these discussions get so contentious. Dumb posters (not you) who think they are so smart for saying, don’t like it don’t go. Or Dizney Werld is a bidness. We know!!! We just are mad about the direction of the parks.
I suspect that the "other side" to this is that, as a customer, no one likes a price increase, so do we really *need* to have everyone post their individual emotional reaction to *another* price increase - and it's not just one price increase, we've had so many this year already. What we need is the omnibus "complain about all the 2018 price increases" thread.

OTOH, what are we meant to discuss in this thread? I understand the usefulness of the date-based ticketing thread, but what about this one? Price for parking going up. Sadface. Next?

I guess we could talk about how this might make the resort parking fee seem less bad, but we all know that's the next thing to go up.

I guess I also don't mind the people who say, "at least it's not as bad as parking at Giant's stadium". They're just trying to make themselves or others feel better, but I guess they don't realize the psychology of victim-playing. Note that I'm not saying that victim-playing is bad, but that it is a valid coping mechanism that is *not* best "treated" by minimizing the alleged abuse. It's ironic and a bit sad that both the victims* who cope by trying to make themselves feel better and the victims who cope by complaining then turn and set upon each other and demonize the other side for coping in different ways.

I apologize if this all sounds a bit patronizing, but it's the way that I cope with the price increases - I think it's some form of diversion therapy. :)

* victims of price increases

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
You joke but.....

lueeSTC.png

eliza61nyc

Serious question,
I know we joke but Disney is not even on the radar of poor people. I work with those in Camden NJ and getting 40 miles down the road to the Jersey shore is a once a year proposition.
Has Disney ever been for the poor?? Where did the notion that Disney has to be affordable to everyone come from?
I mean I don't see that mentality anywhere else.
Lol as long as I've been going its cost a nice chunk of change

Last edited:

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Why? Ok. I’ll indulge you....

I own DVC. My basement is covered in attraction posters. My bookshelf is stacked with imagineering and designing Disney and Walt Disney books. I’ve gone to WDW multiple times a year at points in my life. Disney World and it’s underlying design and principles mean something to me.

It’s not Six Flags south. It shouldn’t be Six Flags south. It’s a bummer that Disney is working to make Walt Disney World into a nickel and dime joint. It’s a bummer that they are turning it into Baby World for morons(credit @George for that).

So I’m sorry it isn’t as simple “don’t like it don’t go”. I come here to share my thoughts and opinions with other Disney Theme Park fans. I try and avoid the fans like yourself, who view the parks as a slightly upscaled amusement park. The vacation kingdom was and should be more then that.

So I whinge about it here.

Don’t like it don’t read.
Would six flags North be more acceptable

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
In the prebooked Heros and Villains parking you will have your choice of either over handicap parking at a slightly than noted fee-fee areas.

For premium prebooked parking package you can park at the original Magic Kingdom parking space of your choice. (*Chip & Dale, Pluto, Donald, Minnie, Goofy), Daisy ,Dopey, Sleepy, Sneezy, Happy, Grumpy and Bashful.

*Seasonal

"Ever wanted to park closer to the magic? Now you can! Just simply upgrade your parking spot in the My Disney Experience app! Parking spots start at $24.95 per vehicle per day (plus tax). Special 'Premium Platinum Parking Plus' parking spots available, on a limited basis, starting at $109.95 per vehicle per day (plus tax)."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom