Parking fees at Resorts

disney4life2008

A parking fee is not a tax. They disclose fees, just like Swolphin discloses it's resort fee on top of the parking fee. If you don't agree to the fee, don't stay there. Yes, calling your room at that time of day is not right. But you refusing to pay for a parking fee is also wrong. What makes you more special than anyone else who stays there.

Hmm now that is gumming the system

John park hopper

I posted this when they first announced the resort parking fees. My solution for us --- since we drive I will bring food for breakfast and lunch and a small microwave. In the past we never brought snacks or drinks to the parks--- we will now since they raised the price on those as well. So Disney, you may charge me for parking but I will spend far less in you parks. I emailed Disney Management this---.. never got a response--IMO they really don't care

Dad 2 M & M

I don’t think anyone should be paying this fee. Period. I’m not special, I just think Disney is wringing the water out of the rag. You do not like I didn’t pay. Oh well. Keep paying the fee. Good luck with that thought process.
Really? I didn't have much of an issue with your outrage until this post........so go with intention of parking, knowing there is a fee....with no intention of paying the fee?
Hmmm... what's it called when someone consumes a product or service (for which they know, in advance, that a charge is attached), and then refuses to pay for said product or service?
Well said!

Dad 2 M & M

So, businesses are not allowed to price their products/services? It's ok to just say "I'm not paying?" and still consume the product or service?

We should all do that... and what will happen to society? Entrepreneurs aren't free to charge what the market will allow? Who sets prices? Who decides who has to pay and who doesn't?
Well done!

John park hopper

You know why they didn't respond? Because they don't want you to come anymore. I know it sounds cold, and harsh, and mean.. but the reality is they have customers who are willing and able to pay a lot more than you are (at least) willing to pay. That's capitalism. Love it or hate it but capitalism is what gave us Disney to begin with... look it up, even Walt was a staunch conservative Republican...

i have no problem with capitalism and I am conservative (not a republican) and I can afford to pay the parking fee and the other Disney price increases However, when a company raises prices IMO for greed---- as a consumer can I choose where and how to spend my money and let said company know why. Does it matter to Disney probably not there are plenty of people out there who will pay whatever price Disney sets

heapster411

From my take on parking fees is this, Disney really does not want you to have the option of leaving the grounds. No going to any other restaurant off grounds, no going to Walmart for souvenirs, etc. With as many people now occupying the parks, they want to control the flow of people, buses, monorails, etc. Sure they try to make it convenient to get from one place to another on grounds, but it's at their time frame. Buses run at a certain schedules with a certain capacity, as do buses, monorails, and watercraft. Cars take away that control. So they must feel justified to punish you with the fees. We always thought that parking was included in the cost of staying at a Disney Resort. Now it seems we just get a room for people, and if you want a "room" for your car, you MUST pay extra.

eliza61nyc

Unfortunately, prices will continue to increase at dramatic rates till people get the “guilty” conscience out of their head..... meaning. Disney seems to have become a “rite” of passage and if you don’t do it...... you are a bad parent.... seems to be a social issue.... really sad! And Disney is playing this up really well!

I totally respectfully disagree

I don't think it's "guilt" at all. One thing that makes me sort of smile is this "illusion" that Joe consumer is some type of dumb hick who doesn't know any better and just willing forks over money to wdw.

Yes, some people may feel that Disney is a thing to do when you have kids but the parents I know would not go or would drop Disney in a New york second if they were not having a good time.

Next in today's market, there are literally thousands upon thousands of other places families can go. The cruise industry has stepped up it's game enormously, the Caribbean is now offering hundreds of all inclusives that are small child friendly, even major cities like Washington, philly and NYC have gone out of their way to be more family friendly, heck Vegas for a hot minute tried to tap into that market before they decided to leave well enough alone.

The parents I know today are very savvy, the bottom line imo is that families are still having great vacations at Disney and still feel there is a lot of value. They comparison shop and find that Disney is not all that outrageous. NOW notice I did not say Disney was cheap, it is not but again, if I am spending 3-4 grand on a vacation and I'm assured of having a great time, will an extra 300 make me say, "cancel"? not at all.

the day I stop having a good time at the mouseworld I will move on and I will stop going if it becomes more than my vacation budget.

firemanL25

Original Poster
Honestly, I'd say Disney went above and beyond for you. I wouldn't complain - but that's just me. 🤷‍♂️

Though I do agree; them calling you, twice, in the middle of the night is nuts.
Yes. I will agree they did go above and beyond..... BUT it took a huge complaint to be compensated. I still believe that the “fee” is totally uncalled for and very Un- Walt Disney like. He believed in enjoying his parks and what he created, he understood making money but he knew families were his target audience...... money can get right..... most are correct. Don’t patronize the Mouse if you don’t like the pettt fees.....

firemanL25

Original Poster
Agreed. If you rent a car, it is much easier to go eat at Denny's, go to Universal for a few days, etc. Of course Disney wants to keep people securely in the bubble for optimum profits.
Agree totally on this statement but what about your locals? Should we be burdened with this fee???

firemanL25

Original Poster
I'm not a DVC member. But if anyone should get a break, it does seem that someone who has bought into Disney for decades is probably first on the list.
Still have to pay parking fee though..... even as an owner! I’m sorry. Parking fees at resorts should not be the norm.....
I just don’t agree.

aliceismad

Still have to pay parking fee though..... even as an owner! I’m sorry. Parking fees at resorts should not be the norm.....
I just don’t agree.

Actually, I believe DVC members do get free parking, unless that's changed.

You don't have to agree with the fee. But refusing to pay it and harassing the cast members about it is pretty awful.

You could always go stay at a Universal resort. Oh, wait. Well, what about the Legoland resort. Hmm. Fees there too?

I think Dollywood still includes parking for free.

firemanL25

Original Poster
Actually, I believe DVC members do get free parking, unless that's changed.

You don't have to agree with the fee. But refusing to pay it and harassing the cast members about it is pretty awful.

You could always go stay at a Universal resort. Oh, wait. Well, what about the Legoland resort. Hmm. Fees there too?

I think Dollywood still includes parking for free.
Ok. So who would you like me to complain to. Walt himself? Harass? No way. Just politely explain that the fee is unacceptable and now try to avoid spending my money there. That’s all.
You seem to insist that people should just comply and Pay the fee.
If everyone just complied, we’d all be speaking German.
Your right, it’s Disneys right to charge more and more and more..... people keep going.
Thanks for your insight. Always try and listen to others ideas.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Nobody likes the parking fee.

But let's say you wanted to stay at the Hilton Orlando for a night and enjoy their resort pool area for a day or 2. - Well. Parking fee and resort charge. If you wanted to do the same over in Bonnet Creek. - Parking fee and resort charge. How about over on I-Drive at the Hyatt? - Parking fee and resort charge. Maybe over at the Gaylord? Nope they have a parking fee and resort charge too.

In short, these fees are disclosed. Nobody likes them. They're not going away. Either stay there and accept the fees or look for a Hampton or Courtyard over on Palm Pkwy. We all have choices.

aliceismad

Ok. So who would you like me to complain to. Walt himself? Harass? No way. Just politely explain that the fee is unacceptable and now try to avoid spending my money there. That’s all.
Your right, it’s Disneys right to charge more and more and more..... people keep going.
Oh geez. Likening a parking fee at a resort (that is frankly a luxury for the majority of society) to major worldwide conflicts is just disrespectful to people who fought and sacrificed.

I don't have a problem with your complaint. I have a problem that you knew about the fee, took another trip to another resort with said fee, and refused a second time to pay. Yes, I do think if people CHOOSE to stay at a resort with a fee that they comply and pay the fee. Clearly that makes me a mindless compliant robot.

eliza61nyc

LOL, the folks who were invaded by the Germans had no choice at all. YOU HAVE A CHOICE!!

Since we are engaging in a bit of hyperbole, here are some kind suggestions

1) Non compliance usually means some personal sacrifice. the folks who resisted Nazi germany usually did so with great peril to themselves. I am a civil rights baby. the african americans who did not comply with the status quo suffered greatly.
You are lucky you don't have that issue, but you do have to make a decision, if you don't want to comply, stay offsite. that is the best thing to let them know it's unacceptable.

2) Now we are open to other ideas that don't involve "theft" of services. Your ideas will back fire. I would love constructive ideas on how to let Disney know about their greediness that will actually make a difference.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom