Parking at Contemporary

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
That's not true! We have told them we were just visiting the resort or were coming to eat quick service (yes we really were doing these things at various resorts) and had no problem. You do not have to havea table service reservation or be a resort guess to park. We have done this at Contemporary, Poly, Wilderness, Grand Floridian etc. BUT WE NEVER DID IT TO JUST STAY PARKED THERE. WE
ALWAYS MOVED AND WENT TO TTC ETC IF WE WERE GOING BACK TO THE PARKS ETC. Just be courteous to others and do not break the rules. Use there parking only for valid reasons. :)
You may have been able to do this because you were a guest at another resort.

BWK05

I see so many post on this site about people complaining about others who feel entitled. Here is one who is asking for permission to be entitled. REALLY!!! He is not going there to eat or shop just to park close to MK.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I see so many post on this site about people complaining about others who feel entitled. Here is one who is asking for permission to be entitled. REALLY!!! He is not going there to eat or shop just to park close to MK.
Yes we are aware but some of us were stating how they sometimes will not let you park there anyway to legitimately visit etc so they would not want you parking there to go to the parks either. I personally was saying how I visit for legitimate reasons and never have had a problem but I am not condoning what they want to to which is cheat and park there instead of TTC!! :)

slappy magoo

My guess is there's an unwritten hierarchy in the decision making when it comes to parking at Contemporary to dine or "just look around." If you're staying elsewhere on Disney property, it's not like WDW is losing a parking fee by letting you leave your car at CR, so if the lot's not packed, they're apt to turn a blind eye. But if the lot's getting full, they have the right to say "you were told there's a 3 hour window, you were warned this could happen."

Whereas someone staying off-site, there might be a greater risk if you try to park there all day, because then you are trying to not only get a "better" parking spot than the furthest recesses of the TTC, you're getting out of a parking fee as well.

s8film40

Personally I think they should adopt a system similar to what Disneyland uses for the hotels. Do away with the security guards all together. Put in a ticket dispenser next to the gate, and post the parking rates. Then set up two exit gates one for guests with room keys. The other have a cashier for guests with tickets. Tickets can be validated at the table service restraunts for 3 hours of parking, quick service for 2 hours and merchandise shop or bar with purchase for 1 hour. Then upon exit charge something like $10 per hour for any non validated hours. It would be simple everyone would go into it knowing what to expect and it would deter people from occupying a space all day while at the park and would also stop people who legitimately want to visit the resort from getting grilled and/or turned away at the gate.

MagicHappens1971

The guard at the gate will turn you away unless you are a Contemporary Resort guest or have a dining reservation at one of the restaurants. And yes, the guard will check the ADR list.
I've never had the guard check the ADR list, they scan my band (even if staying off property) and let me in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom