Park wifi

Andrew Mac

Original Poster
Were heading to disney world in May from the uk with our family.

At some point I expect to lose part of my group, we were wondering if its possible to use google hangouts to make calls, or skype on the free park wifi.

I'm also keen to know how fast it is and if its stable.

A review of the wifi would be great, if it turns out to be rubbish I may consider getting a repocket sim card before I go.

Thanks for your help and advice

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
It is certainly usable, but performance varies on location and number of guests. I would say that you will find it acceptable.

You can use most services, although there are filters in place. You cannot for example FTP.

We did a review back when it launched.
http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/inter...-new-magic-kingdom-wi-fi-internet-service.htm

Things have changed a bit since then though, with more users on the system.

Welcome to WDWMAGIC!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I managed a FaceTime call in the hub at early afternoon last fall. Quite shocked given the time and location.

ToyStorygirl

Download What's App - free text messages wherever there's wi-fi :) coverage in Disney was pretty good, Universal not so good

Last edited:

PhotoDave219

Were heading to disney world in May from the uk with our family.

At some point I expect to lose part of my group, we were wondering if its possible to use google hangouts to make calls, or skype on the free park wifi.

I'm also keen to know how fast it is and if its stable.

A review of the wifi would be great, if it turns out to be rubbish I may consider getting a repocket sim card before I go.

Thanks for your help and advice

Well the good news Andrew is that it got a LOT better then when it first started. Its relatively fast. I have used google hangouts to text and Ive seen people skype. Stability and speed have more to do with how many users are on the one little area you're in.... but i havent had any problems lately.

As someone who was a giant critic of how it was working back when it was first installed, I have no issues with it currently.

WiFi has been pretty usable in my experiences with it. It occasionally drops out but usually comes back within moments after you move to a different area. The speeds are more than usable for the tasks that I used it for. There shouldn't be any issue with using WiFi calling with the system as it currently stands. I was just there a few weeks ago, so my last experience was pretty current.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom