Park Reservation System

Disstevefan1

This is just my guess and not based on anything, I think in time, I think they will turn it into a perk; if you stay on site, no reservation needed, everybody else must reserve..

lunchbox1175

Original Poster
This is just my guess and not based on anything, I think in time, I think they will turn it into a perk; if you stay on site, no reservation needed, everybody else must reserve..

Interesting idea. How would that work though, does that mean that enough people not staying on property could fill up the capacity of a park with reservations, keeping property guests from getting into a park? I personally don't like the reservation system, I want to be able to wake up and decide where I want to go that day, but I do see the benefit of being "guaranteed" to get in the park. I feel like a lot of the things implemented over the last few years are reducing flexibility.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I could see them keeping it in place just to gauge how many people will visit a certain park on a certain day (They were trying to do that with the date specific tickets so maybe this could replace the need for that).

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Interesting idea. How would that work though, does that mean that enough people not staying on property could fill up the capacity of a park with reservations, keeping property guests from getting into a park? I personally don't like the reservation system, I want to be able to wake up and decide where I want to go that day, but I do see the benefit of being "guaranteed" to get in the park. I feel like a lot of the things implemented over the last few years are reducing flexibility.
Magic Kingdom fills to capacity about five times per year. The other parks *never* fill to capacity.

Once capacity returns to normal, you won't have to use Park Pass in advance if you don't want to. If you want to wake up and decide where you want to go that day, there will always be plenty of capacity to make your reservation that morning.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I wish they'd get rid of it ASAP. It's an annoying thing to have to schedule ahead (unlike Fastpass or dining reservations, where you're scheduling something for your own convenience and not Disney's), and totally devalues parkhopper tickets.

I'd say park hours and PH only after 2pm is what's devaluing PH right now.
I think they will get rid of the 2pm limit soon.

Weather_Lady

I'd say park hours and PH only after 2pm is what's devaluing PH right now.
I think they will get rid of the 2pm limit soon.
That would be cool if they did.

You're right: it's the combination of the two that's the problem: having to reserve a park, and then go to that park, and then cool your heels until after 2pm. It's not "park hopping" right now so much as it is "park hoping" -- as in, hoping you picked the right park to start in when you reserved, hoping there's the chance to make a different reservation if you change your mind at some point, and hoping there will be space available, and/or sufficient time to do what you want to get done, in the park you want to head to after 2pm. ;)

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
I could see them keeping it in place just to gauge how many people will visit a certain park on a certain day (They were trying to do that with the date specific tickets so maybe this could replace the need for that).
Agree. It's a great way for them schedule needed Cast Members based off of real attendance numbers.

Every person who's been a manager knows payroll and understands the wasted $$$ of having too many employees standing around. And I'll add the times when you didn't have enough employees scheduled or the right ones scheduled.

elcheapo

Agree. It's a great way for them schedule needed Cast Members based off of real attendance numbers.

Every person who's been a manager knows payroll and understands the wasted $$$ of having too many employees standing around. And I'll add the times when you didn't have enough employees scheduled or the right ones scheduled.

elcheapo

Does anybody know why the parks are sold out so far in advance for the summer right now. Hollywood studios is the major one always full

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Does anybody know why the parks are sold out so far in advance for the summer right now. Hollywood studios is the major one always full

Because everyone is going and HS has been the most popular since it has the newest attractions.
I do think more will become available with Disney increasing CM's and capacity.

nickys

Premium Member
DHS is the smallest park. And you have to have a reservation in order to try for a Boarding Group for Rise of the Resistance.

Amidala

Does anyone know if today and tomorrow were refreshed, or only the 17th onward? Woke up at 7AM and checked on a whim, the whole month of May was green except for the 15th & 16th. My mom leaves on the 17th, I'm kicking myself for not being up earlier 😭 Assuming it refreshed around 6AM and today and tomorrow were the first to go?

DCBaker

Premium Member
Does anyone know if today and tomorrow were refreshed, or only the 17th onward? Woke up at 7AM and checked on a whim, the whole month of May was green except for the 15th & 16th. My mom leaves on the 17th, I'm kicking myself for not being up earlier 😭 Assuming it refreshed around 6AM and today and tomorrow were the first to go?

You didn't miss anything. When the park pass replenishment happened last night, the first date refreshed was the 17th.

Disstevefan1

The OP asked about the future of park pass reservations. After COVID is long gone, I mean after all it back to normal, when there is no limited capacity.

On site guests will be able to go to any park without reservations. Everyone else needs a reservation, obviously including APs not staying on site.

This elevates the value of park passes of folks staying on site.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom