Park Reservation System

Goofyernmost

Disney probably would be happy to have tens of thousand of locals descend on the parks to have lunch or dinner...

... as long as none of them got on line for the attractions swelling the wait for people there on their once-in-a-lifetime vacation.
But, I think the reality is that they don't do that. They treat Disneyland like their personal playground. They bring snacks and at best might buy a bottle of water but usually go into the quick serve and ask for a cup of iced water. They did pay a lot of the AP, but nothing compared to what amount is spent on the same number of admissions from those that don't have an AP.

My, granted limited experience, at Disneyland is that they take over all attractions and link hands to show solidarity or something and look at lowly tourist like they are dirt. They also tend to travel in groups.

matt9112

Agree. It's a great way for them schedule needed Cast Members based off of real attendance numbers.

Every person who's been a manager knows payroll and understands the wasted $$$ of having too many employees standing around. And I'll add the times when you didn't have enough employees scheduled or the right ones scheduled.

Ahh that moment profit margins need to prevent people from visiting the most magical place on earth.

Sadly i think its here to stay unless enough people speak up granted the disney bubble seems to be popping on the PR front. I have noticed many top tier fan sites being critical....for once.

What it boils down to is that the pass system statistically benefits those on full blown vacations staying on site that like planning there 20k trip 6 months in advance and disenfranchises everyone else. Disney probably doesn't care because profit and theres enough demand but thats my two cents.

Californian Elitist

But, I think the reality is that they don't do that. They treat Disneyland like their personal playground. They bring snacks and at best might buy a bottle of water but usually go into the quick serve and ask for a cup of iced water. They did pay a lot of the AP, but nothing compared to what amount is spent on the same number of admissions from those that don't have an AP.

My, granted limited experience, at Disneyland is that they take over all attractions and link hands to show solidarity or something and look at lowly tourist like they are dirt. They also tend to travel in groups.
This is mostly false.

Goofyernmost

This is mostly false.
So you say. I have only been there for one week back in 2005 and that is what I witnessed and what has been said by many over the years. If you are one that doesn't do it that way, then take an ataboy our of petty cash, but you are not everyone else.

Californian Elitist

That only explains what I saw that one week. The rest of my opinions came from others that have been there and CM's that have reported it on other sites.
And I can still tell you that your post was, again, mostly false. This is coming from a now previous Disneyland APer, previous Disneyland CM, and someone who’s been visiting for nearly 30 years.

DL APs couldn’t be put into one general box because they vary. There were literally APs who go to the parks for the purposes of eating. They would include some rides in here and there but the main focus was to eat. There were also some who mainly went for character greets, or some who went mainly for shows.

The last part of your post that I originally responded to is absurd.

Goofyernmost

And I can still tell you that your post was, again, mostly false. This is coming from a now previous Disneyland APer, previous Disneyland CM, and someone who’s been visiting for nearly 30 years.

DL APs couldn’t be put into one general box because they vary. There were literally APs who go to the parks for the purposes of eating. They would include some rides in here and there but the main focus was to eat. There were also some who mainly went for character greets, or some who went mainly for shows.

The last part of your post that I originally responded to is absurd.
So the part that I actually saw and experienced is absurd, I have to agree. I never felt so out of place and in the way anywhere I have ever gone. Your perception as an AP holder may be quite different then how others see you. I didn't go there with any preconceived notions, it is what and how I felt while I was there and my feelings were reinforced by many CM's that had expressed what I had felt. I'm not saying that you, as a CM, were bothered by it, but I'm saying that I was and if there are no more AP's at Disneyland what I said about it will probably have a big bearing on that.

I'm sorry that what I felt is offensive to you but you can rest in the fact that it was more offensive to me to feel so much out of place in a place that I have wanted to see since I was a child watching the original Mickey Mouse Club as they wandered around DL that I so much wanted to see for myself. I am stating my experience, although, as I said, limited, that you are saying is false. I know want I felt about it. That is my proof and unless you can offer me some way to change what I saw and felt, then my opinion will have to stand as just that... my opinion.

Californian Elitist

So the part that I actually saw and experienced is absurd, I have to agree. I never felt so out of place and in the way anywhere I have ever gone. Your perception as an AP holder may be quite different then how others see you. I didn't go there with any preconceived notions, it is what and how I felt while I was there and my feelings were reinforced by many CM's that had expressed what I had felt. I'm not saying that you, as a CM, were bothered by it, but I'm saying that I was and if there are no more AP's at Disneyland what I said about it will probably have a big bearing on that.

I'm sorry that what I felt is offensive to you but you can rest in the fact that it was more offensive to me to feel so much out of place in a place that I have wanted to see since I was a child watching the original Mickey Mouse Club as they wandered around DL that I so much wanted to see for myself. I am stating my experience, although, as I said, limited, that you are saying is false. I know want I felt about it. That is my proof and unless you can offer me some way to change what I saw and felt, then my opinion will have to stand as just that... my opinion.
I’m not offended one bit, but I think you are.

No, your one-time experience from nearly 20 years ago doesn’t represent the community of 1 million people as a whole. I’m sorry that you had a bad experience, but it’s quite unfair of you to use one single experience that happened nearly 20 years ago to generalize a population of theme park guests. And because you’re saying these false things like DL APers don’t eat inside the parks, would prefer to ask for a free cup of water, etc. after ONE trip in 2005, I therefore will continue to reject what you’re saying. Parts of what I’m countering are actually factually correct.

What I’m not saying is your experience doesn’t matter. However, I am saying that you really have no platform to speak on the reality of Disneyland APers because you don’t have enough experience with neither the population, nor the parks themselves, particularly the former. Your one trip, as well as the large timespan in between now and when you went that one time contribute to that. The only thing you said that had weight was the playground part. The rest was false and/or generalizations.

I have no intentions of proving anything to you and I think it’s clear that you’ve held on to this 16-year-old experience and you are using it to generalize and make false claims and have no intentions on recognizing the errors of your statements (not including what you specifically experienced during your trip). I’m simply saying you’re wrong.

Have a good evening and rest of your weekend.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom