Park reservation not included with admission

Rcollins1978

Can someone tell me why a park reservation is not automatically included when you purchase a park admission ticket for that specific day? Just realized day before trip that you have to make a reservation separately after buying the ticket. I know it’s my fault for not reading everything but common sense only says that if I picked a particular day that I would want a reservation with my ticket. Vacation ruined.

Hcalvert

Can someone tell me why a park reservation is not automatically included when you purchase a park admission ticket for that specific day? Just realized day before trip that you have to make a reservation separately after buying the ticket. I know it’s my fault for not reading everything but common sense only says that if I picked a particular day that I would want a reservation with my ticket. Vacation ruined.
I know that this does not solve your posted concern, but you can change the ticket date to another date and make park reservations for then.

Upvote 0

DisNerd86

We were looking at adding a day on to our June trip last night and before I got to the payment screen, I got a large notification with hyperlink telling me to check park pass reservation availability before completing my transaction. Agreed that Disney shouldn’t sell tickets if there is no availability, but they do make it very clear that the reservations are required and need to be booked separately from purchase. I hope you still get to enjoy your trip with non-park offerings!

Upvote 0

ilovelabs2021

The issue is that when you get tickets, you don't get tickets for just HS or MK or Epcot or AK, so you can't "automatically" get a park reservation because the ticket system doesn't know which park you are attending; also, you can't get park reservations automatically for all parks as numbers are limited. You get tickets for a certain amount of days and you choose the parks you want to attend. I am sorry your trip is ruined, but this has been widely publicized since reopening. More research would have avoided this problem for you. I think more research is needed if it is your first trip.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave B

Are all 4 parks sold out on the day you are looking to go? I have not heard of that happening, I would think there would be a park or three open still

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Our all 4 parks sold out on the day you are looking to go? I have not heard of that happening, I would think there would be a park or three open still

Agreed. Also, if you have parkhopper tickets, OP, you will most likely be able to park hop after 2pm (or whatever the parkhopping time threshold is for the day you visit), even if all the other parks are "full." Although Disney says they won't guarantee being able to hop when the parks are at capacity, in recent practice guests have been able to parkhop with no issues, even to parks for which park reservations were "sold out."

Upvote 0

Rcollins1978

Original Poster
Its pretty well laid out...
And the system is new to everyone so it does not matter if this is your first visit.
I just booked my trip the other day for late August and the entire process is new to me but I managed...
I agree it’s my fault and I accept it. But the system is not as easy as it could be. Would take a step out of the process by selecting what park and what day you want and be done with it. No need for multiple steps

Upvote 0

Hcalvert

Spring Break (And Easter, which is always crazy busy.)

Looks like Hollywood Studios is booked for almost all weekdays in April, May, and June (at least for non-AP holders).
Yep. They slightly changed their park reservations system since December. In the past while being a resort guest, I was able to book a park reservation as an AP if the parks were at capacity for resort guests and theme park ticket holders. Now, I cannot. It is only seeing me as a resort guest and not as an AP too. I wanted to switch a MK reservation to a HWS reservation and couldn't because of it.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Yep. They slightly changed their park reservations system since December. In the past while being a resort guest, I was able to book a park reservation as an AP if the parks were at capacity for resort guests and theme park ticket holders. Now, I cannot. It is only seeing me as a resort guest and not as an AP too. I wanted to switch a MK reservation to a HWS reservation and couldn't because of it.
You can call in and they will book it for you, as long as there is AP availability.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Sorry you may lose out. Disney and travel agents have been pushing the ticket/ park reservation connection for a while. One of the benefits of being on here is that youll always get someone in the know informing others about changes in policy, closures, rehabs and any other vital need to know info. Youll never be left behind by logging in on this site. DHS had been the one park showing as full all along due to the intense wants for boarding passes. And with the spring break bookings, all others fell in quickly as well.

Upvote 0

Hcalvert

Sorry you may lose out. Disney and travel agents have been pushing the ticket/ park reservation connection for a while. One of the benefits of being on here is that youll always get someone in the know informing others about changes in policy, closures, rehabs and any other vital need to know info. Youll never be left behind by logging in on this site. DHS had been the one park showing as full all along due to the intense wants for boarding passes. And with the spring break bookings, all others fell in quickly as well.
June is quickly getting filled up for HWS park reservations. I am glad I made mine three months ago.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom