Park Pass Upgrade Question

kverdon

Hi all, We leave in a week for WDW:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

We are staying 13 nights with a 5 night stay at AKL with a 5 day hopper pass followed by a 7 night stay at BCV with a 8 day hopper pass. We just found out that we will be returning to Florida in Dec when my MIL takes us on a cruise for my wife's 50th. It turns out that with our itinerary, it is much cheeper to fly to and from Orlando than Ft. Lauderdale so we are going to spend 2 nights at WDW before we leave. Here is what I want to do.

1.Upgrade my wife's 5 day pass from the AKL stay to a 7 day and add a no-expiration option.

2. Upgrade my 8 day hopper pass from the BCV villas to an Anual Pass.

Would this work?

thanks,

Kevin and Mona

CleveRocks

Maybe I'm just missing something here, but why don't you just start out with annual passes??? I also don't understand the hers and yours passes ... are you not traveling together? Like I said, I'm just missing something here ....

Upvote 0

kverdon

Original Poster
Ok, maybe I should have made myself more clear......

Our stay starting next week is going to be split between 2 resorts, because of the free dining we have to have separate passes for both resorts. Also because we have friends staying with us for the second half in the villa's and because we all have to have the same hopper passes we had to split the passes into 5 day and 8 day passes. This gives my wife and I two 5 day park hopper passes and two 8 day hopper passes. Since we only need 2 days, it is MUCH cheeper to upgrade a 5 day pass to a 7 day pass and WAY much cheeper to get a no expiration on a 7 day pass in stead of a 10 day pass. I'm getting a annual pass to make use of the room and other discounts. (DDE, free dining voucher etc). Its cheaper to upgrade an 8day to an annual pass than a 5 day.

clear as mud? :animwink:

Kevin

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

Ok, maybe I should have made myself more clear......

Our stay starting next week is going to be split between 2 resorts, because of the free dining we have to have separate passes for both resorts. Also because we have friends staying with us for the second half in the villa's and because we all have to have the same hopper passes we had to split the passes into 5 day and 8 day passes. This gives my wife and I two 5 day park hopper passes and two 8 day hopper passes. Since we only need 2 days, it is MUCH cheeper to upgrade a 5 day pass to a 7 day pass and WAY much cheeper to get a no expiration on a 7 day pass in stead of a 10 day pass. I'm getting a annual pass to make use of the room and other discounts. (DDE, free dining voucher etc). Its cheaper to upgrade an 8day to an annual pass than a 5 day.

clear as mud? :animwink:

Kevin

Yes, if I understand you correctly you can upgrade your tickets as you propose.

For your wife, she can upgrade only her ticket any time after check-in at your resort. Remember she must do so in person at WDW and with 14 days of the ticket's first use.

For your ticket, you can upgrade it to an annual pass, but you will need to wait until you are checked-out AND you have used all of your dine and/or any other package entitlements. You too will need to upgrade in person but only at a Guest Relations Window either at a Theme Park or Downtown Disney and again within 14 days of the ticket's first use. You will not be able to upgrade at a Resort Hotel. Your Annual Pass expiration date will be 1 year from the date the ticket was first used, not the date of the upgrade. If you have the Water Park Fun and More Option, and you used any portion of the WPF&M entitlements you can only upgrade to a Premium Annual Pass that also includes these entitlements.

The reason you must wait until just before you leave, is the upgrade process from a vacation package purchased MYW ticket to an Annual Pass will disassociate your Key To The World Card from your Resort room and package. You will no longer have access to your room, and you will loose any and all unused package entitlements and meals.

Upvote 0

kverdon

Original Poster
JP,

THANKS!!!! You da Duck!! (and as a OSU Beaver that pains me to say that...... ahem...) :)

In retrospec it makes somewhat more sense to upgrade my 5 day hopper from AKL to an AP after we have check out of AKL and are using the credits from the BCV trip. From what I understand, on a day AFTER we have checked out of AKL and expended the dining credits (ie wait a day...) I can take my pass (room key) to guest relations at one of the theme parks and upgrade it to an AP.

thanks so much for your participation here!

Kevin

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
JP,

THANKS!!!! You da Duck!! (and as a OSU Beaver that pains me to say that...... ahem...) :)

In retrospec it makes somewhat more sense to upgrade my 5 day hopper from AKL to an AP after we have check out of AKL and are using the credits from the BCV trip. From what I understand, on a day AFTER we have checked out of AKL and expended the dining credits (ie wait a day...) I can take my pass (room key) to guest relations at one of the theme parks and upgrade it to an AP.

thanks so much for your participation here!

Kevin
Just make sure you upgrade while the ticket is still valid. If you use the fifth admission and then go the next day to upgrade, you can't because the ticket no longer has any admissions on it. I believe you can still upgrade the day you've used the final admission.

JP will jump in if I'm wrong... :D

Upvote 0

kverdon

Original Poster
Ok, I think I've got it..... I have to upgrade my 5 day pass by the end of the 5th day but AFTER i've used the last dining credit off it.... Right? :p

Kevin

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

To clairfy...

YES, you can upgrade any Magic Your Way Ticket anytime within 14 days of the ticket's first use, regardless if there is any admissions or entitlement left on it or not.

When you upgrade you pay the difference in cost between the two tickets and any used entitlements on the old ticket will remain used entitlements on the new ticket. That is why if you have the Water Park Fun and More Option and have used any of the WPF&M entitlements, you CANNOT upgrade to a 4 Park Annual Pass, you must upgrade to the Premium Annual Pass that includes these same entitlements.

For example if you have a 4 day ticket, use all four days and want to stay longer, you can upgrade to a 5 day ticket, pay the $2 difference in cost between these two tickets, and now have 1 valid day left on the new 5 day ticket. If you upgrade from a 5 day ticket to an Annual Pass, you pay the difference in cost between the 5 day ticket and the Annual Pass and your expiration date will be 1 year from the date the 5 day ticket was first used, not the date of the upgrade.

Note however, you cannot upgrade a MYW ticket after this 14 day window, even if the No Expiration Option has been purchased.

Upvote 0

GoofyforWDW

Hi there all,

I wonder if you could confirm if it is possible to upgrade tickets if you bought in UK.

I am receiving a 7 day premium ticket as part of my wedding package from Virgin Holidays. The thing is I wont get time to use all the days as lots to do already and I am back in the world next year as have recently bought into dvc so would like to be able to add no expiration option and use some next year.

I see its possible to add no expiration to tickets bought in US just wondered if the same for UK tickets.

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

EdinburghTink

Yeah you can pop into guest services in one of the parks and upgrade to the non-expiration.Not sure of the exact cost. It can only be done with the 5/7 day premium ticket but not the 14/21 day ultimate tickets bought in the uk. Lucky you getting married there!

Upvote 0

GoofyforWDW

Yeah you can pop into guest services in one of the parks and upgrade to the non-expiration.Not sure of the exact cost. It can only be done with the 5/7 day premium ticket but not the 14/21 day ultimate tickets bought in the uk. Lucky you getting married there!

Thats great thanks for response. I have 7 day premium ticket so I can do.

Yeah cant wait less than 10 weeks to go, staying at AKL and getting married at Polynesian.

Thanks for your help.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom