Park Open Procedures

bcoachable

When they allow on site hotel patrons to get in the parks early, I’m picturing the days when the younger kids got the head start on Easter morning to hunt the eggs…

iowamomof4

How long do you think they'll run it like this before they implement the early entry plan? I mean, it's awfully curious that they are pretty much already running it like that except that off-site guests and on-site are on mostly equal footing (or are they still keeping the parking lot closed until after several resort buses have arrived?).

Last edited:

danv3

So the parking lots only start letting cars in 60 minutes before posted entry? That doesn’t seem nearly early enough.

EeyoreFan#24

How long do you think they'll run it like this before they implement the early entry plan? I mean, it's awfully curious that they are pretty much already running it like that except that off-site guests and on-site are on mostly equal footing (or are they still keeping the parking lot closed until after several resort buses have arrived?).

I wonder if they’ll back up another 30 min for resort guests or push back to posted time for non resort guests.

iowamomof4

I wonder if they’ll back up another 30 min for resort guests or push back to posted time for non resort guests.

I'm certain it'll be the latter. Although, it does make me wonder if they'll let resort guests through the tapstiles even earlier and then just hold them at the typical rope drop point until the 30 minute mark. Hmm...

havoc315

The latter. There is no reason to give off-site guests an extra 30 minutes of unofficial unadvertised park time.

This is part of the transition towards early entry. For now, everyone enters the turnstiles early, and everyone is held until 30 minutes before official time.
Next step will be only on-site guests are admitted through the turnstiles until official park open.

Touchdown

So the parking lots only start letting cars in 60 minutes before posted entry? That doesn’t seem nearly early enough.
It’s been that way since they reopened. It’s just before, once you parked your car and got to the entrance they let you in and rides were open.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
The latter. There is no reason to give off-site guests an extra 30 minutes of unofficial unadvertised park time.

This is part of the transition towards early entry. For now, everyone enters the turnstiles early, and everyone is held until 30 minutes before official time.
Next step will be only on-site guests are admitted through the turnstiles until official park open.
Exactly. Off-site can enter at the posted opening time, which is honestly how it should be.

brettf22

Premium Member
And for all those staying at POP..AOA is running busses to the studios for opening..beats the skyliner every time
Have they started running Skyliner any earlier with respect to rope drop time? Last September, Skyliner from Pop was useless for rope drop because of how late Skyliner started running. Even if you were first in line at Pop, you were at the back of the line when you got to Caribbean.

threvester

Have they started running Skyliner any earlier with respect to rope drop time? Last September, Skyliner from Pop was useless for rope drop because of how late Skyliner started running. Even if you were first in line at Pop, you were at the back of the line when you got to Caribbean.
Starts running at 8..my bus from art arrived at HS at 7:55..pop is not running busses and are directing people to the skyliner

Mickey2021

Starts running at 8..my bus from art arrived at HS at 7:55..pop is not running busses and are directing people to the skyliner
Thanks so much for the info. Any idea what my strategy should be for rope dropping HS and Epcot next week coming from Caribbean Beach Resort? Will I get to the parks earlier taking a bus from there or the skyline? Thanks so much! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom