Park Hours in May

Ronald-Ruck

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Hello,

I am going to WDW May 2-7 and can't get park hours for my trip. My first full day is a saturday and from past experiences, the MK will be open relatively late. But will it have evening hours over the other dates of my stay? A friend that is coming has NEVER been to WDW, and I'd prefer not to start him with MK-rather build up to that one! :)

Anyone have past May hours or inside knowledge on what to expect? Thanks!

-The Quacker

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Originally posted by Ronald-Ruck
Hello,

I am going to WDW May 2-7 and can't get park hours for my trip. My first full day is a saturday and from past experiences, the MK will be open relatively late. But will it have evening hours over the other dates of my stay? A friend that is coming has NEVER been to WDW, and I'd prefer not to start him with MK-rather build up to that one! :)

Anyone have past May hours or inside knowledge on what to expect? Thanks!

-The Quacker

Unfortunately since 9/11, the park hours have been a little screwy. Sometimes Disney posts them 3 months in advance, sometimes only 2. For May I would say that the hours should be up by March or April at the latest. I will be there from the 1-5.

Pam

ToTBellHop

I wouldn't generally assume lengthy hours for even the weekends, since you are going during the off season. However, since sunset is at about 8pm when you go, they can't really do any nighttime shows till 9pm. With this in mind, expect the Magic Kingdom to be open until about 10pm on Saturday, and probably 8pm to 9pm during the week(they do now show either fireworks or SpectroMagic intermittently during the week). Epcot is always open 9am to 9pm, excepting Thanksgiving thru Christmas. MGM should be open 9am until 9pm nightly that time of year, allowing for Fantasmic! to be shown nightly (and at NIGHT). Animal Kingdom should have its usual 9am to 5pm hours, and the Water parks may be opening at 9am by then; otherwise, they will be open 10a to 5p. Also look for the current status of Extra Magic Hour and E-Ride Nights as your adventure approaches.

Ronald-Ruck

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Thanks much!

I guess at this time it's pure speculation, but it helps to hear that they should have some semi-late nights! thanks again!

tammycooley

I was at Disney for 10 days last May...If memory serves me correctly the Magic Kingdom was only open till about 7 during the week...but was later on the weekend. I will be there with my 5 yr old son again this May (3-10). We are staying at the All Stars
Movie Resort...and WE JUST CANT WAIT!!! But the lines are wonderful at this time of year---we walked right up to several rides and just got on...and never waited over 20 minutes for any ride...May is a wonderful time to go...:D

FLcastmember

my best guest would be....

MK till 9pm on Sat, 7pm or 8pm during the week. Spectro and FW on Sat, only FW during the week
Epcot 9am/11am-7pm/9pm
DAK 9am-5pm
D/MGM 9am-8pm

FLcastmember

ok found park hours for may of 2002....

Mk closed at 6 and 7 during the week. NO FIREWORKS or SPECTRO
9pm on fridays, with fireworks
9 and 10 on Sat, with both

Epcot and DAK was what i said above

MGM was 8:30 or 9

Water Parks.....10-6

ToTBellHop

Spectro and Fantasy were not played during the week last year; they are now. It started last fall, because guests want to see stuff at night. MGM will be open till 9 at the end of the month, because, again, sunset is at 8:10pm, and they do not play Fantasmic! before it's dark, which it wouldn't be at 8:30pm, but would by 9pm.

FLcastmember

yes, thats true, they are doing FIREWORKS every night, BUT not spectro, other then christmas and thanksgiving weeks, spectro has eather been SAT only, or SAT and tuesday, or SAT and Wed, but there are no mid week spectro's for the rest of this month.

based on this, look for this trend to continue

niteobsrvr

Another point to keep in mind, unfortuately, is the political climate in the middle east. For that reason, you may not see the hours posted for May until the end of March depending on what is going on across the ocean.

Disney and other tourist areas are very aware right now of what a conflict could do to their attendance. As an example, Disney would normally be ramping up staff for the springbreak season which is only four weeks away. Instead however, they have been under a partial hiring freeze since Thanksgiving, only hiring mission critical postitions, some part-time, and mostly seasonal.

If nothing happens in Iraq, Orlando expects tourism to return to pre 9/11 levels. If the situation isnt resolved peacefully, I beleive thay are planning on worse attendance than last year even though they haven't said as much publicly. This would certainly mean hours similar to last May and if the drop in tourism were severe, possibly even shorter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom