News Park hopping to return January 1st 2021

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Can you speak plainly...for the less educated...what marketing is targeted toward this sect?

Simple...taking an amusement park complex that was designed for the middle class to take their kids on dumbo, slapping a meal voucher coupon system on it, selling pieces of days for entry...and then having the bobs tell investors it’s now “luxury”...plays to a certain mindset.

They are looking for customers that forget the history and want to feel proud of the present. And the present is of lesser quality...and far less service.

It is what it is.

nickys

Premium Member
I'm somewhat confused here. If I'm paying for the PH for my trip, I should be able to hop after the 2pm time to my second park, where I may schedule my ADR. If I'm not allowed to schedule in advance my hop to park like the daily park, and taking a chance of being locked out, how can they charge me for that feature? Did I miss where its contingent on getting in depending on park capacity?
The no show charge is automatic. Obviously they will have to refund it but you will have to let Guest Services know so they can cancel the charge. Just like now if something happens and you miss an ADR: you can plead your case and get the charge refunded or cancelled but it still takes you time to do that.

As for the hopping, they aren’t going to let people into a park that is already at capacity. That’s the whole point of operating at reduced capacity. Hopefully there will be some way on the app to tell you before you head off to the second park.

This is what the DPB had to say:

Under Step 4 it says:

Please note the ability to visit another park will be subject to the park’s capacity limitations.

JohnD

There is no restriction to making ADRs. The onus is on you to make sure you have the corresponding park reservation.

The point is that many people who park hop do so in order to dine in the second park. I don’t think I’ve ever done QS for dinner, not my idea of dinner that’s for sure! And good luck trying to find one in the afternoon day-of. I know it’s possible, but as numbers start increasing that will become pretty hard.

Well, we’re not back to “normal”, are we? For now, I would recommend waiting until after you know you can hop to the 2nd park before making an ADR. Baby steps. No one likes the “current normal” (I hate the term “new normal”). But if you have to have everything “pre-COVID” as if COVID never happened, then don’t park hop.

Last edited:

JohnD

The no show charge is automatic. Obviously they will have to refund it but you will have to let Guest Services know so they can cancel the charge. Just like now if something happens and you miss an ADR: you can plead your case and get the charge refunded or cancelled but it still takes you time to do that.

As for the hopping, they aren’t going to let people into a park that is already at capacity. That’s the whole point of operating at reduced capacity. Hopefully there will be some way on the app to tell you before you head off to the second park.

Under Step 4 it says:

Please note the ability to visit another park will be subject to the park’s capacity limitations.

Exactly. For this reason don’t make an ADR in the 2nd park until you know you can hop there. If you really want an ADR in that park, reserve the park as your first park.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Exactly. For this reason don’t make an ADR in the 2nd park until you know you can hop there. If you really want an ADR in that park, reserve the park as your first park.

yeah that's not happening. Disney will just have to allow no charge cancellations if people are denied access to the park. No way Disney burdens the guest with this because while cancelations will hurt dining... they won't hurt nearly as much as people not booking at all.

kbmum

We have non-Park Hopper tickets. Can they be upgraded to Park Hoppers and, if so, where and when can this be done?

raymusiccity

Well, we’re not back to “normal”, are we? For now, I would recommend waiting until after you know you can hop to the 2nd park before making an ADR. Baby steps. No one likes the “current normal” (I hate the term “new normal”). But if you have to have everything “pre-COVID” as if COVID never happened, then don’t park hop.
I'm with you all the way. I also hate any version of saying "these troubling times' ! 🙄

NelleBelle

We have non-Park Hopper tickets. Can they be upgraded to Park Hoppers and, if so, where and when can this be done?
My travel agent emailed me yesterday about the change and I upgraded my tickets then and I am all set for our trip in April. She said I could do it anytime before my trip but that Disney tends to jack up, er "change" their pricing--she suggested if I want to upgrade, to do it fairly soon. I had originally debated about the PH option (and usually get the H2O option as well) but decided against it as I didn't want the hassle of trying to get a refund if the PH hadn't returned. Will probably not do the H2O option this trip as I'm not dragging along my teen boys.

PostScott

What is sensible? Park hopping? Because that's what the thread is about.

Your response to me seemed tried to imply I was lacking common sense in traveling right now (I'm not). Which actually had nothing to do with what I was posting about.
I was happy about parking hopping, teased you guys for being cranky about it and then you guys turned it into something weird.

Just another day on the internet! :D
I just gotta say that I love your attitude. Idk why they're talking down on you, but you have a great attitude that'll take you far in life👍

They must've skipped their morning coffee...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Orrr.... a brain dead simple way of getting more money for doing what they are already doing, and diffusing liabilities with the current AP holders.

Also a lot easier to keep people in the parks longer... and make things like dining more viable.

I think is far more about removing barriers then it is about some admission of weak demand.

It’s probably both.

JIMINYCR

Under Step 4 it says:

Yeah, didnt see that in the original statement of it being contingent on capacity. Thats why I was confused. Guess unless that changes I wont waste my money on PH if theres no guarantee that I can hop. Selling something as an option and then Disney saying you cant use it is foolish. I'll just make do in my one park and schedule dining there so I wont have to deal with a possibility of missing out on dining where I want. Disney again loses out on my money.

dreday3

Yeah, didnt see that in the original statement of it being contingent on capacity. Thats why I was confused. Guess unless that changes I wont waste my money on PH if theres no guarantee that I can hop. Selling something as an option and then Disney saying you cant use it is foolish. I'll just make do in my one park and schedule dining there so I wont have to deal with a possibility of missing out on dining where I want. Disney again loses out on my money.

Obviously thats your choice and a perfectly fine one.

Outside of DHS though, I just don't see many of the parks being closed to capacity for hoppers. Especially in traditionally non-busy times of the year. At very least, Epcot will almost certainly have availability.

And as for hopping with early park closings, I think hopping can be worth it to parks that close as early as 7pm. Just a few hrs can be fun, especially for those of us who take longer trips.

JIMINYCR

Obviously thats your choice and a perfectly fine one.

Outside of DHS though, I just don't see many of the parks being closed to capacity for hoppers. Especially in traditionally non-busy times of the year. At very least, Epcot will almost certainly have availability.

And as for hopping with early park closings, I think hopping can be worth it to parks that close as early as 7pm. Just a few hrs can be fun, especially for those of us who take longer trips.
Going in May... F&G time, which can have possible higher crowd numbers.

JIMINYCR

We are going early May too!

Here's hoping crowds aren't bad and hours are longer!
Having cancelled our previous trip when we were at around 30 days to go and then rescheduling for the next May, that would be a nice recompense. Our last several trips were met with the heavier than ever crowds. Be nice to have light crowds and small lines.

Dutch Inn '76

Or maybe you have long standing fans who don't find the changes the company is doing appealing. Perhaps people can highlight changes that take things they enjoy away and find that sad.

As one who has been on these boards for years, I don't think that's a fair statement. It's not complaining for complaining. It's highlighting change.

Whether you agree or not is in the eye of the beholder. But this is Disney Parks discussion board. I don't think it's fair to call discourse "Eeyores". That will trigger the Pixie Duster mantra in return. And that's not helpful.

We should all have different opinions. That's how things grow and get better. And we should be respectful of those with different perspectives and do our best to understand their perspective. Not just dismiss and name call (even at a minimal level like that).

Perhaps our entire world could be a bit better if we did that more.

None of what they're doing now is "appealing." I don't want them to slash live entertainment, or close restaurants. No one wants them to cut fireworks - I'll bet that THEY don't want to do these things either. ALL of these "changes" are being done because of Covid, and the response to it. Again, The Mouse lost $5 billion last quarter alone. They can't just act like that didn't happen.

In several years when everything is back up and running and the Parks are full again, if some of these missing items are still gone, then we'll have something to complain about. But, while WDW is operating at 35%(?) capacity and Disneyland is shuttered, we should be pleased with what we get.

In the mean time, we should encourage our government at every level to open everything. Certainly we shouldn't be re-closing anything. Encourage everyone you know to get the vaccine! Let's get the economy rolling again! Then, once WDW is full, we can demand the little things that set Disney apart from the competition.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom