Park hopping options? What???

OK, so I’m in the process of purchasing tickets for some family members who are coming in from out of town for January 2021. When I went to purchase the tickets I see that there is a park hopper option to upgrade your tickets. Now I am a Florida annual passholder and I know that park hopping is not being seen in the foreseeable future. So why is this option even available? Especially if you were to purchase the upgrade, then just get your money back, because hopping doesn’t occur. So now I’m like, do I purchase the upgrade for them which is more money? Or do I just go with the one day tickets, knowing in the back of my mind that most likely park hopping is not going to occur. Any advice? 🤨

nickys

Premium Member
Park hopper tickets have been available to buy since they started selling tickets again.

According to @Magic Feather , there were indeed plans to allow park hopping as soon as it was deemed feasible. My thoughts are that might be when park capacity is ramped up a bit.

Upvote 0

Magic Feather

Park hopper tickets have been available to buy since they started selling tickets again.

According to @Magic Feather , there were indeed plans to allow park hopping as soon as it was deemed feasible. My thoughts are that might be when park capacity is ramped up a bit.
Less of a capacity limitation, more of a technology one.

I’m under the impression that MDX capabilities is one of their highest priorities prior to hopping though.

Upvote 0

PolynesianPrincess

MK on Monday
AK on Tuesday
Would qualify as “went to 2 parks on 2 separate days last week”. ;)
More info (especially photographic with date and time stamps) would be needed before declaring that park hopping is available.

Well very clearly since we're talking about park hopping, I didn't mean it the way you just wrote it. And I don't need to provide photographic evidence to anyone. They were at Epcot in the morning and MK in the afternoon. Don't know what else to tell ya!

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Well very clearly since we're talking about park hopping, I didn't mean it the way you just wrote it. And I don't need to provide photographic evidence to anyone. They were at Epcot in the morning and MK in the afternoon. Don't know what else to tell ya!
I wasn’t doubting you, I was doubting the statement of your friend (because they could claim that without lying.) If park hopping ability exists....even through a glitch....it would be all over fan sites. Your post was the first I have read and it made me curious of its validity. No harm intended.

Upvote 0

JohnD

They probably had separate park reservations. Both as resort guests and as APs. So they made their park reservations first as resort guests. Then during their stay, when they got to within three days of the current day, they may have made park reservations as AP holders, hence one park in the morning as either resort guest or AP holder and one park in the afternoon as the other. Is this a "glitch"? Can it be done? I don't know. But it's the only option for getting two parks on the same day I can think of.

Upvote 0

PolynesianPrincess

They probably had separate park reservations. Both as resort guests and as APs. So they made their park reservations first as resort guests. Then during their stay, when they got to within three days of the current day, they may have made park reservations as AP holders, hence one park in the morning as either resort guest or AP holder and one park in the afternoon as the other. Is this a "glitch"? Can it be done? I don't know. But it's the only option for getting two parks on the same day I can think of.

They do have APs and were staying on property. Maybe that could be it? I thought it MIGHT have something to do with the APs but now that you mentioned being resort guests as well, that would make more sense, being able to do one as an AP and the other as a resort guest. I saw pics of them both in Epcot and in MK, same day so I know they did it.

Upvote 0

JohnD

They do have APs and were staying on property. Maybe that could be it? I thought it MIGHT have something to do with the APs but now that you mentioned being resort guests as well, that would make more sense, being able to do one as an AP and the other as a resort guest. I saw pics of them both in Epcot and in MK, same day so I know they did it.

If that's so, I have a trip coming up in one month. I'm staying at Pop and am an AP holder. Gives me some ideas.
raw

Upvote 0

bebert

Not park hopping but, are they allowing re-entry into the same park on the same day? Just booked for the week after Christmas and trying to understand all the changes. Hopefully hopping is back by then, I'm sure it wont be.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom