Park Hopping after EE

David

Original Poster
We always use EE mornings and generally stay in that park all day. I have read suggestions about using EE, then around lunch time going to another park. We have never done that becuase to me it seemed that by the time you exit one park, wait for a bus or monorail, get in the other park, you have used a lot of time that you could have used seeing attractions in the EE park. What are some ideas from those who have swapped parks?

WDWFREAK53

I don't get the question...what does it matter if it's not a EE morning or not?

For me, I usually save a "Park-hopper" day towards the end of my trip so that I can hit my favorite attractions one last time before I head home.

For instance, go to the Animal Kingdom, ride Everest, Dinosaur, and the Safari...hop over to MGM, ride RnR and ToT, then walk over to Epcot (faster than the boat) and do M:S, TT, Soarin', and then hop the monorail over to the MK to finish the day there and watch Wishes.

Yes, you do lose some "park-time" with the transportation but, for me, the longest wait is the bus from DAK to MGM...

Some people are hoppers...and some people aren't.

Yes, my plan works much better if it's an EMH night at the Magic Kingdom :lol:

nibblesandbits

I love park hopping! But I only do it when I've done everything I've wanted to in that park already. (Or if I'm sure I'll be back at a later date).

It doesn't take that much time out of your day. Maybe an hour, at the most. Like I said, if you hop after you've accomplished what you wanted to, you should be fine.

As WDWFREAK said, some people are hoppers, some aren't and I agree it usually works better to hop for the Evening EMH, and especially at MK! :D

kcnole

When I visited in January we had the park hoppers but only did it on one day. We finished everything we wanted by 1:00 so we jumped over to MK because the next two days were going to be full with Epcot and MGM.

I didn't see any reason to waste time in DAK when we'd already done everything we wanted there and we only had three days and four parks.

Tom

Beta Return
David said:
We always use EE mornings and generally stay in that park all day. I have read suggestions about using EE, then around lunch time going to another park. We have never done that becuase to me it seemed that by the time you exit one park, wait for a bus or monorail, get in the other park, you have used a lot of time that you could have used seeing attractions in the EE park. What are some ideas from those who have swapped parks?

We are park-hopping fools! My brother and I have been known to go to the MK for some morning rides, take the monorail to EPCOT just to eat lunch at La Cantina (tradition) and then head straight over to MGM for some more rides, then back to MK for Wishes/Spectro.

Of course, it comes down to how many days you'll be there. This year we'll be there Sunday to Sunday, so we have NO problem "wasting" time using Disney Transportation to hop. It actually isn't as bad as you'd think - in the middle of the day.

However, we also avoid AM-EMH (Extra Magic Hours, what EE is called now in the morning) parks, or at least in the AM. We'll just get up and enter a non-EMH park at normal opening time. We do, however, take full advantage of E-Rides (Now PM-EMH), which often requires some last minute park-hopping :lol:

DisJosh

David said:

You have to try park hopping. It may turn out that it's not your thing but it's worth a try.

I love being able to do an attraction or two here and then another there and maybe lunch over there. It's espescially valuable if you've been to the parks before and know your way around. You can really make the most of your time. Plus I love ANY excuse to jump on the monorail. I'm the type of person who will get up early, get on a bus to Epcot, catch a monorail to the Magic Kingdom and then jump on a boat all to get to breakfast at Fort Wilderness. Belive me there are easier ways but it's so fun to utilize Disney transportation and take everything in. You get to do that with hopping. :D

thejohn

I go to safari then Dingodsor then EE then rockin then tot then star tours then test track then MS then doarin then space then splash then bigthunder then potcthen wishes

Avenger23

The notion of leaving an early entry park by lunch is that the park is now so crowded from the EE guests combined with the regualr guests you will have massive waits for anything thus negating your benefit from entering early...or so the theroy goes.

I usually go for EE and then head out after 1-2 rides for another park. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom