park hopper or no park hopper

what are people's preference for park hopping? I'm torn, my daughter is 8 and we are going in January , we have tickets for 5 days. I'm contemplating getting a hopper bur 1 year ago we went, we had the hopper and never used them, this August we went and didn't get them and was fine without it.
BUT since we are doing a short trip and it's just us 2 this trip I feel we might be able to make the hopper work for us, plus it would give us the 6 day ticket which we could actually use due to a 6am flight in.

i know this is a personal preferency for sure but what's everyone's preference? cons, pros?

MickeyMomV

Anything over 3 days and we get the hopper. Its easier to justify the per day costs spread out over 5-8 days. Pretty much everyday we are there we will start at one park at rope drop, take a 4-5 hour afternoon break at the hotel or downtown, and close down another park at night. The go to bed and repeat. ;)

Upvote 0

NelleBelle

We always get the PH (usually with the water parks). We generally like to hit one or both of the water parks for a few hours at least once. My DH would take the boys to DisneyQuest, when it was still there (sad to see the decline of that place), while I shopped. We always park hop for ADRs, typically dinner; and if MK is have late night EMH, we can hop back there if we feel like it. I feel like we'd get bored and cranky if we were stuck in a park all day and didn't feel like going back to the hotel yet couldn't go to another park.

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

@capedisneygirl I hear your struggle! It’s just DH and I going in a few months and I am debating but leaning towards buying it.
What’s making me crazy is that we are only going to use it to hop to MK after 4pm on one day. I wish Disney had FP packages of sorts like if you’re using it once or 1-3 times it’s one price, 3 and above, another price. Something like that would be awesome. It kills me to spend what we will to use it only for a few hours but it gets us into our beloved MK once more before we go home. Oh well!

Upvote 0

yensid67

Ask yourself...If you have the days, why do I need a Park Hopper for more money!? If you have the days to repeat a park of 2, then I would not! Why add more money to an already expensive trip...every trip no matter how small or large, is expensive!

Upvote 0

slipperalwaysfits

As others have said, having the flexibility of the PH is a major plus. For me, it allows me to be in MK as much as possible in the evenings!:D:p IT helps with dining, too. If we spend one am somewhere, then book a dinner in or near another park, we don't have to worry about wanting to go in.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom