Parent Swap

YankeesFan

Can anyone clarify the parent swap? Prior to our trip last week, my wife and I were told that we both can get in line (stand-by or fast pass) and take turns on a ride while the other stays with our infant. However, when at Animal Kingdom for the Rapids, the cast member would not let us both go down the line and wait. One of us had to wait there. It was only a 30 minute wait, but by the time my wife got back, the wait tripled. This happened on several other attractions. At any one point were parents able to wait at the point of the beginning of the ride and then swap seats right then and there?

CAPTAIN HOOK

Quote from Allearsnet.com :
It works like this. At the entrance to the attraction, you mention to the cast member that you would like to do a baby swap. They will instruct you on how to proceed on that particular attraction. You will all go into the attraction line and one parent will ride the attraction while the other stays with the child. When the first adult is finished, they will take the child and the second adult will then ride. This is especially fun for an older brother or sister who is large enough to ride the attraction. Many times the cast members will allow the child to ride with both adults which gives the child the chance to experience the attraction twice without having to wait in line.

This procedure is changing for many of the rides that are now offering FastPass so be sure to ask the CM at the entrance of the attraction which procedure you are to follow.

Upvote 0

bsandersjr

GREAT NEWS!
Just gotta figure out how to get both of my parents to go with me so I can swap them out.
One question...... Do you get to choose your new parents, or do they just hand them out in a random fashion? :lol: :lol:

Upvote 0

MagliteL13

bsandersjr said:
GREAT NEWS!
Just gotta figure out how to get both of my parents to go with me so I can swap them out.
One question...... Do you get to choose your new parents, or do they just hand them out in a random fashion? :lol: :lol:

LOL! That's exactly what I was thinking!

Upvote 0

Heatherbell

My husband and I are masters at the whole parent swap thing. Here goes: Go over to a CM (usually one standing at the fastpass entrance) let them know you have a child and would like to do parent swap. Usually in most cases they like to see the child and the other parent so they know you aren't just a random guest trying to get a pass. They will give one of the parents a ticket that looks just like a fast pass but it says "rider switch" Then one parent takes the kid or kids and sits with them and the other parent waits in the standby lane and waits the 20-30-40-50 etc minute wait. As I have mentioned in other posts I always like to be the parent who waits in the longer line as it gives me at least a half hour of peace, LOL!!!! When that parent gets off the ride the parent who was lucky enough to sit with the child or children then goes to the fastpass lane and shows their rider switch ticket and goes onto the ride waiting the fastpass time. It really is an excellent way to do it so that way waiting in minimal for the second parent's ride.

Here is a tip that me and my husband do all the time: Get a rider switch and both of you also get a fast pass. If the ride wait is 50 minutes come back about an hour before the fastpass time, the first parent waits in the line, then the second parent goes. By the time the second parent gets off the ride your fast pass time has come and then both parents (taking turns of course) can get right back on the ride with minmal wait. This way you can ride the ride a couple of times each. It works well.
Good luck!

Upvote 0

sharkgirl

Maybe a little off point but, can we do a swap for a disabled parent? My DH and I are taking my mom to WDW in Oct. If we want to ride splash mountain, but mom can't can one of us wait with her and then swap so she is not waiting alone?

Upvote 0

YankeesFan

Original Poster
Thanks to the advice. Next time we go we'll defintiely have to try the rider-switch. Hopefully the next time will be for the holidays....................

Upvote 0

dvm

New MK guide map for kids with parents

I've heard there is a new map for people with kids that elaborates on baby swap, which rides, etc. Has anyone seen this?Used this?

It is available at several locations, one is near the stroller rental.

I found out that it is a test run series of new MK guides/park maps that just came out this summer

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom