Paradise Park to be consumed by a Pixar expansion?

planodisney

You really want to keep the single worst Disney themepark ride in the world? This ride is an embarrassment and a reminder of the cheapness with which DCA was originally constructed. It’s terrible even for a mad mouse coaster. Even the crappy mad mouse ride at AK is a better ride experience and it looks like they may finally be putting that ride out of its misery.

smile

On Facebook

giphy.gif

BubbaisSleep

For a company that makes most of it's decisions off merchandise sales, DCA has a lot of underutilized space. That section of the park has to be one of the least popular, including the backlot area of Hollywoodland once Marvel moves out. Maybe one day they will want to utilize the space with popular characters, but it's a facebook rumor I'm not taking it serious.

truecoat

For a company that makes most of it's decisions off merchandise sales, DCA has a lot of underutilized space. That section of the park has to be one of the least popular, including the backlot area of Hollywoodland once Marvel moves out. Maybe one day they will want to utilize the space with popular characters, but it's a facebook rumor I'm not taking it serious.

Disney has big plans for the Hollywood area once the Eastern Gateway happens. What those plans are is anybody's guess.

DanielBB8

The Winery is dead. Who can say they eaten there? Never ever been there. There are plenty of expansion zones, but I think they'll focus on Hollywood, which is just dying to have something new and the empty plot of land south of Tower of Terror. I definitely think the Carsland dancing cars ride will not last much longer. Reliability is awful.

mickEblu

Nobody ever talks about eating at that winery. Of all the times people have asked for dining recommendations on this forum I can’t recall anyone recommending it. I think the only people that eat there are first timers who don’t know any better like I did before I was an AP.

Phroobar

Nobody ever talks about eating at that winery. Of all the times people have asked for dining recommendations on this forum I can’t recall anyone recommending it. I think the only people that eat there are first timers who don’t know any better like I did before I was an AP.
I ate at the winery about fifteen years ago. The food was good but expensive. Now that I'm gluten free I can't eat there anymore.

mickEblu

I ate at the winery about fifteen years ago. The food was good but expensive. Now that I'm gluten free I can't eat there anymore.

I ate there about 9 years ago and I just remember the food being decent at the time. For around the same price or less you can have much better food at pretty much any other sit down restaurant at DLR. Of course, 9 years is a long time and this could be outdated info but judging by the fact that it almost never gets mentioned I don’t think it is.

Phroobar

Don't they offer a gluten free menu?
They probably do have gluten free pasta.

Ever view all the places to eat at the resort? There are 122 different options ranging from popcorn carts to full expensive sit down restaurants. Do we really need another one in Marvel land?

truecoat

I ate there this summer. Part of the WOC dinner package and it was pretty good. Not sure I would eat there again unless I did the WOC package.

Was it worth it? Actually to have a bench seat for World of Color just behind the splash zone made it well worth it. We were travelling with another couple plus mom on a scooter. This area was a disability zone and no one was in there when we arrived about 5 min before showtime.

mickEblu

I like almost every table service restaraunt at Disneyland/DCA and the hotels. Wine Country was the definition of bland. It wasn't bad but I felt no need to go back. The others I have returned to multiple times. I have yet to try:
Goofy's Kitchen
Whitewater Snacks
Lamplight Longue

Everything else has been great though. It is sad because Naples which is just a small walk away is a million times better than Wine Country.

That’s more or less the experience I remember from 9 years ago and probably why I haven’t been back. There’s too many better options. They need to step it up at that restaurant. It has potential.

Whitewater snacks is great. They just went under a renovation and I’m not sure it’s called that anymore but I think the menu is mostly the same.

planodisney

Glad I am not the only one. I will definitely try the GCH restaraunt then based off your recommendation.

DCA's sitdowns are just Carthay, Lamp Light, and Wine Country? Is there anything I'm missing. Carthay is excellent.
Are we talking sit downs or table service?

mickEblu

Glad I am not the only one. I will definitely try the GCH restaraunt then based off your recommendation.

DCA's sitdowns are just Carthay, Lamp Light, and Wine Country? Is there anything I'm missing. Carthay is excellent.

Yup just those 3. Whitewater has a pretty good burger. The beef bowl was good too

SuddenStorm

What do we think of Golden Vine here? Worth trying?

It's one of those places I've walked past but never actually considered eating at.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom