Parades interfering with rfid?

flynnibus

Premium Member
And spectrum is "reserved" for wireless mic use, but licensing is not necessary (or possible in most cases). Disney falls into an interesting category since film studios are one of the few entities allowed to actually license their mics. I am not sure if the larger company could use that to protect spectrum in the theme parks or not.

The spectrum is licensed space - but as you say, that doesn't mean you need to be a license holder to use it for these mics (counter intuitive.. but not too much). Instead of traditionally meaning you as the user must be licensed, there is a 'soft' area where they allow users to be non-licensed, but the manufacturers are still regulated. The FCC has allowed regular consumers without a license to use products in this licensed radio space.

flynnibus

Premium Member
... that they can make statements about Disney IT having no quality control, no testing, and in general being wholly incompetent

This sounds like a typical defensive stance of 'its not me.. its someone else' when someone feels they are being scrutinized. As opposed to seeing the statements for what they are... people judging the Output of Disney as a whole.. which as consumers of those services (the websites, network services, etc) customers very much are in a position to judge the relative quality of the IT organization.

If someone were calling out an individual group.. blindly.. I'd sympathize.. but the claims here are motivated by Disney's history of delivering sub-par, unreliable IT products to its external customers. From miserable UX on websites, to buggy websites, to the latest problems with MyMagic+, to the performance of the public interfacing networks, etc. The justification is there.

asianway

The poster on that forum who posted the original comment/rumor/whatever, is a fairly well respected CM on that board. They are pretty much dead on accurate when it comes to their area of expertise. Unfortunately, this bit of information comes from outside their normal knowledge set, so it may be slightly mangled/mistranslated or perhaps completely wrong. Judging from our posters, it probably leans towards the second.
He posts the operating guide for ticketing and is hence a rock star...I don't see that gives him any more credibility than a bus driver

Timekeeper

What precautions are in place to prevent the "creative" guest from bringing a wireless mic into the parks and then attempting to transmit over attraction/float speakers? o_O

flynnibus

Premium Member
What precautions are in place to prevent the "creative" guest from bringing a wireless mic into the parks and then attempting to transmit over attraction/float speakers? o_O

Likely just 'complexity' - needing to find the channels in use and then have the gear that transmits on that channel. Most commercial grade audio stuff is purchased to operate in a set band of channels - not 'any' - so its not like you can just tune it in like a radio.

Timekeeper

Likely just 'complexity' - needing to find the channels in use and then have the gear that transmits on that channel. Most commercial grade audio stuff is purchased to operate in a set band of channels - not 'any' - so its not like you can just tune it in like a radio.

I understand that the operation of wireless audio systems might seem "complex" to the average tourist, but it seems to me that any high school student with experience in the A/V club would be able to pull this off pretty easily. Some setups at Universal use common Sennheiser products that are both readily available and affordable. It would only take a moment to try to broadcast through each available channel before hitting the right one.

I imagine that this would be an easy prank to pull. Whether it's a show, parade float, or PUSH (the trashcan). Surely, some kids out there must have thought of this and tried to pull it off...

flynnibus

Premium Member
Some setups at Universal use common Sennheiser products that are both readily available and affordable. It would only take a moment to try to broadcast through each available channel before hitting the right one.

You're missing the point that 'your' sennheiser product operates in a different radio band than 'my' sennheiser product. A unit you buy for California, will have different radio channels then one you buy for use in Texas. If you had gear bought specifically for their locale.. and if you sniffed out the radios in use.. I'm sure you could do something similar. But would someone go through that effort?

Wikkler

LOL!!! Sorry... Here this will help..

Fix the yeti. Stupid Disney. Everything is their fault. Universal is the best. Remove the hat. Don't rip Carsland. Fix tomorrowland. Tangled bathrooms? We need more monorails. Bus drivers are liars. Bring back Spectro. Etc etc lol
Fix JIYI, Bring Back WoL, Ticket prices are too high, there's not enough rides, Bring Back Horizons, Remove American Idol, Not Enough Rides, It's A Small World Sucks, New Fantasyland Sucks, Walt Disney Sucks, Not Enough Rides.

Wikkler

Fix JIYI, Bring Back WoL, Ticket prices are too high, there's not enough rides, Bring Back Horizons, Remove American Idol, Not Enough Rides, It's A Small World Sucks, New Fantasyland Sucks, Walt Disney Sucks, Not Enough Rides.
Future World Sucks, DinoLand Sucks, Iger Sucks, Universal Sucks, Disneyland Rules, Disney World Sucks, Disneyland Sucks, Not Enough Rides, Not Enough Interactive Queues, Too Much Bathrooms, Not Enough Rides, EPCOT is too Educational, Not Enough Rides, Nobody Loves Me, Not Enough Rides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom