Parade

disneymania121

Original Poster
I need help! I recently heard about a new parade, mk is working on. What is the name of it, and does anyone have any information about it, Thanks!:hammer::hammer::ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL::D:D

disnyfan89

The latest rumor concering MK I heard was that Disneyland was going to send us their Parade of Dreams but I wouldn't hold my breath as this wasn't from anyone important.

ThinkTink721

The only new parade that I have heard about is the one that is supposed to replace Stars & Motor Cars at MGM sometime next year.
I haven't heard about a new parade in the MK.
:wave:

wickedfan07

Disney just refurbished the Magic Kingdom parade last year (turning Share a Dream Come True into Disney Dreams Come True). Since then, I don't think anything has been said about a new parade.

Adding to what ThinkTink said, rumor has it that Block Party Bash will be sent to Disney-MGM from California Adventure in time for the opening of Toy Story Mania and the reworking of Mickey Avenue into Pixar Place.

I haven't heard of Rivers of Light. What is the basis for the parade?

How much longer is Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade expected to stick around?

I would really like to see something new for MK. Spectromagic, while good, has been around for awhile, and the current parade is just a recycled form of the old one. I would like to see an all new parade sometime soon for the park.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Yes, the new parade is opening (target date) March 14th.

I am interested to know who your friend is since they have yet to post the cast list.
With turnover/new-hires at Disney, the cast list wouldn't be out this early unless they're aiming for an October/November preview, which is far too early. I'm thinking the cast list will be out around Thanksgiving/Christmas.

Put the cast list out now, and I can guarantee you that more than half of the CM's on it will either no longer be in entertainment, will have dropped status, will be disapproved in the costume(S) they were cast for, or they'll no longer be CM's.

Mecha Figment

Id like to know how they are going to pull of Block party if that is indeed what it is. I was told out right that the floats were to big to fit on the streets of mgm studios. So a major retrofit would have to take place.

disnyfan89

With turnover/new-hires at Disney, the cast list wouldn't be out this early unless they're aiming for an October/November preview, which is far too early. I'm thinking the cast list will be out around Thanksgiving/Christmas.

I was told by the production producer that the cast list will be out around september.

Id like to know how they are going to pull of Block party if that is indeed what it is. I was told out right that the floats were to big to fit on the streets of mgm studios. So a major retrofit would have to take place.

They are spending about $3 million to renovate the studios for the parade. They are spending overall about $8 million to bring BPB to MGM.

mkt

Premium Member
I was told by the production producer that the cast list will be out around september.
I'm not doubting what you've been told, but that sounds far too optimistic and rather unrealistic. If that's the case, they will be making multiple revisions as time moves on, since that's 6 months out. That list will be extremely inaccurate a few days/weeks after it's been posted.

disnyfan89

I'm not doubting what you've been told, but that sounds far too optimistic and rather unrealistic. If that's the case, they will be making multiple revisions as time moves on, since that's 6 months out. That list will be extremely inaccurate a few days/weeks after it's been posted.
Well they plan to start rehersals in January!

mkt

Premium Member
Well they plan to start rehersals in January!
September is still a bit early. Thanksgiving sounds more realistic for a January rehearsal... maybe Halloween. I could see the very end of September at the absolute earliest, which would corroborate what you've been told.

disnyfan89

September is still a bit early. Thanksgiving sounds more realistic for a January rehearsal... maybe Halloween. I could see the very end of September at the absolute earliest, which would corroborate what you've been told.
To be honnest you could be right with october. I was told the list would be posted at the same time as The Christmas Party Casting. I am estimating that that list would be posted in september!

mkt

Premium Member
no one has even mentioned spectro, yet... :zipit:
Spectro... yup, it's there.

Been there a while.

Still good... a little dated, but good. The MSEP has a more timeless quality.

So Josh, did I tell you that when I docked at the Crown Bay Marina in St. Thomas there was a sailboat registered in Texas named "Hook 'em Horns" with a Longhorns logo on the sail.

I thought you might appreciate that ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom