Parade

miles1

Could one of you enlighten us non-CMs as to how you are casted in the parade? Do you have to audition, or does management just assign you a role based on skills and past rolls? Is it an accomplishment to be cast in the parade, or something to be avoided? (It looks like a tough job in the Florida heat).

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Could one of you enlighten us non-CMs as to how you are casted in the parade? Do you have to audition, or does management just assign you a role based on skills and past rolls? Is it an accomplishment to be cast in the parade, or something to be avoided? (It looks like a tough job in the Florida heat).
It's probably changed, but as the word of the rule is, eligible character performers can attend a skill coding audition. The show directors will judge your skills on a color scale, and based on that, you can express interest in roles across WDE. The directors see who signed up and consult with each other and management to make decisions on who will be trained for the roles.

However, since this isn't a perfect system, there are obvious favourites, as in all facets of life, that will get trained for roles they are technically not qualified for... or will skip the audition and be cast in a role they didn't sign up for, etc. Nepotism and a willingness to take a shot in the mouth are alive and well within The Walt Disney Company.

As for the second part of your question, at first I was excited when I got cast in parades and shows.. but after a year of it, I got sick of it and jumped in the schedule pool doing many things across property. That was probably the happiest I ever was working for Disney.

disnyfan89

Well it's different for each parade and show. For BPB it is being casted based on if you attended one of the workshops and how well you performed there. Other parade and show is indeed based on skill. When they need to fill a role they find a performer who can fill it. Depending on who you are it is indeed a big accomplishment for performers.

tirian

Put the cast list out now, and I can guarantee you that more than half of the CM's on it will either no longer be in entertainment, will have dropped status, will be disapproved in the costume(S) they were cast for, or they'll no longer be CM's.

Especially if they're Face!

disnyfan89

That wouldn't be a problem for this parade as it is all Pixar Characters from Bugs Life, Toy Story, Monsters Inc., and Incredible.

DisneyDellsDude

New MK Parade...

There's supposedly a new parade coming to the MK replacing Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade for MVMCP's this year and Christmas.

I guess it will be called Mickey's Once Upon Christmastime Parade.

No one's sure if it's an entirely new parade, or if they're just updating it kind of like they did with the MK day parade, or even just changing the name...

drew81

With turnover/new-hires at Disney, the cast list wouldn't be out this early unless they're aiming for an October/November preview, which is far too early. I'm thinking the cast list will be out around Thanksgiving/Christmas.

Put the cast list out now, and I can guarantee you that more than half of the CM's on it will either no longer be in entertainment, will have dropped status, will be disapproved in the costume(S) they were cast for, or they'll no longer be CM's.

So True

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom