parade question

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Hey everyone,

My DH and I are not big parade people but my mom and I will be heading down to the world at the end of May and she is a huge parade person.

Can anyone tell me if the parade going on right now is much different then the one two years ago? My DH and have been almost every year and I know that the parades are similar.

Also, I know the parade route changed. Where does it start now? How long does it run?

Thank you! :wave:

TinkSassy

The 3pm parade hasn't changed much, just a few float changes here and there. The electrical parade has changed from Spectro back to the original Main Street Electrical. I loved seeing the original parade again after all the years away.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
The 3pm parade hasn't changed much, just a few float changes here and there. The electrical parade has changed from Spectro back to the original Main Street Electrical. I loved seeing the original parade again after all the years away.

Thank you for the info! I am trying to figure out how to swing our schedule since we will be at MK for only one day. And I made reservations at Garden View at GF for tea with my mom. She is a parade person but for me, the parade is such a time suck and it just doesn't change that much. Of course it is very different then the parade she saw in 1998.

Which way does it run now? From Main Street to Frontierland or the other way around? I can't remember which way it goes.

Also, is it the "dance party" kind of parade where the characters come right up to you?

The last parade I saw was in Jan 2010 in Disneyland and I saw both Spectro and what ever that themes day time parade was and the characters came up to you and danced right in front of you.

Upvote 0

Jedi Wizard

I really agree that the 3PM afternoon parade is not a good use of time. However besides the 3PM parade (Called Celebrate a Dream come true) and the night-time parade (now Main Street Electrical Parade has replaced SpectroMagic), there is a shorter "dance party" parade that runs several times a day.

"Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! Street Party" is a parade of Disney characters, floats and stilt walkers that mix and mingle and dance in the street during a 12 party. Normally it is at 11:00am, 12:30 & 5:40pm. Starts on Main Street and the dance party is in the central hub.

Much better use of time than that 3PM

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
I agree about the Electric Parade! I would love to see it again but it is not running the night we are going to be there. :( I think I am thinking of the dance party - where the characters stop and dance in front of you. I saw that in Disneyland. It was cute - fun. I liked that one. But the parade is so long and I just feel like so much time is spent waiting for it to come by. I think I am going to try and convince her to skip the parade and do a dance party instead maybe.

I know they extend hours at the last minute - but do they add parades? We are going to be at the MK on May 24th and the park is currently set to be open until 9 pm with the Fireworks at 9 pm. Any chance that they may extend the hours and add the parade?

Upvote 0
The parades in the MK are as follows:

The parade that you are probably thinking of is the classic 3pm parade. That is now the Celebrate A Dream Come True Parade, and it starts down on Main Street and runs to Frontierland. In my personal opinion, this parade is not worth a lot of time; if you happen to be standing somewhere you can see it when it rolls by, then go for it; but don't camp out. Its just a lot of dancing and the character's don't get a chance to really interact.

That brings me to the Move it! Shake it! Celebrate it! Street Party that runs 3 times a day. If you want character interaction, this is the very best place to get it! This isn't so much a parade as a party. It starts down at the end of Main Street, then goes down to the Hub in front of the castle and stops, then makes a loop and goes right back down to where it started.
Let me say: I LOVE THIS PARADE! It so much fun. They play lots of great music and its just a great time. Lots of characters and Disney fun. :) For sure worth a watch; we always end up going back multiple times.

At night the Main Street Electrical Parade runs. Its usually twice a night during the busy season, and it also starts down on Main Street. Its worth a watch, but I'm always happy after one viewing. Its kind of slow, but some of the floats are pretty cool and the characters talk to you. But I'm a huge Spectro fan so take my opinion with a grain of salt. :)

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
I agree about the Electric Parade! I would love to see it again but it is not running the night we are going to be there. :( I think I am thinking of the dance party - where the characters stop and dance in front of you. I saw that in Disneyland. It was cute - fun. I liked that one. But the parade is so long and I just feel like so much time is spent waiting for it to come by. I think I am going to try and convince her to skip the parade and do a dance party instead maybe.

I know they extend hours at the last minute - but do they add parades? We are going to be at the MK on May 24th and the park is currently set to be open until 9 pm with the Fireworks at 9 pm. Any chance that they may extend the hours and add the parade?

Very high chance. The hours were only supposed to be that long for our trip two weeks ago and they were extended until 12 or 1 every night, with double parades. I would keep checking, and there's a good chance that they will be extended. :)

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Very high chance. The hours were only supposed to be that long for our trip two weeks ago and they were extended until 12 or 1 every night, with double parades. I would keep checking, and there's a good chance that they will be extended. :)

I've been checking almost every day. So far, many dates in May have been extended but not the dates we are there yet. I have faith that they will extend MK that night. I really hope that they do. My mom would love to see the parade that night.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom