Parade of Dreams to WDW

WDW Monorail

Original Poster
I've been hearing that the POD will come to WDW after it completes its run at DL late this year.

*EDIT*

I didn't see it posted here so I thought I might share.

OmegaKnight

I could definitely see this happening. With Block Party Bash moving from DCA to DHS in the spring, it wouldn't surprise me to see Disneyland's parade head off to the Magic Kingdom. While I love the music of the Disney Dreams Come True parade, the floats used are extremely stale and old.

MerHearted

Actually, if they aren't going to do the show stops, don't bother bringing it here. Those are what make the parade awesome!

Brian_WDW74

No it's not!! :cry:

I love POD. I don't want it to leave!!

But isn't this too soon? DL is supposed to get a new parade for their 55th. I could see it leaving for WDW next year, but not this year... :shrug:

I agree, but for a different reason. I love POD too (especially the show stops) and watch it every time I'm at DL. But I'm disappointed that WDW is getting into the habit of recycling old DL parades. I'd like to see something NEW at MK.

maryszhi

I luv that parade...as well as disney land and the disneyland hotel... thats the only hotel we stay at when we go!!! i hope that it really does come....then it would spice up the current parade

maryszhi

Wait...why would wdw have to purchase the floats from disneyland when they are both owned by disney...the only one they would prob. have to pay for is the Toyko one since its owned by another company

just a thought

WDW Monorail

Original Poster
Wait...why would wdw have to purchase the floats from disneyland when they are both owned by disney...the only one they would prob. have to pay for is the Toyko one since its owned by another company

just a thought

They are separate entities that are held by The Walt Disney Company. So yes, some transer fees must be paid.

Nicole220

Cause for some reason, WDW stopped doing show stops. :fork:
Ah.

Well, they should.
The show stop is a must for this parade.

Are they going to change some of the floats? The last one is Sleeping Beauty Castle. And the opening float is modeled after DL's train station.

Captain Hank

just a thought
Not quite. Each resort is run as a seperate, indipendent buisness unit within the company. Each is responsible for its own expenses. Thus, Disneyland's entertainment department paid out of its own budget for the construction and rights for the Parade of Dreams. Therefore (assuming this is true), WDW's entertainment department would have to pay Disneyland's in order to get the parade.

If this is true, I'm all for it. While the changeover to Disney Dreams Come True was a nice refresh for the MK parade, a new (to us) parade would be even better. I would have preferred an entirely new parade, though. Also, there will probably need to be a few modifications to PoD, such as changing the train station on the first float to WDW's (or constructing a new opening float), and they'll probably remove the "To all who come to this happy place...welcome" from the showstop.

col

:sohappy: cant wait to see it!!!!

on the youtube vids of it my fave part is the float with the princesses on it and i like the song aswell.

MerHearted

Ah.

Well, they should.
The show stop is a must for this parade.

Are they going to change some of the floats? The last one is Sleeping Beauty Castle. And the opening float is modeled after DL's train station.

Dunno! But yah, PoD is definitely a Disneyland parade, somethings would have to change about it.

Nicole220

Not quite. Each resort is run as a seperate, indipendent buisness unit within the company. Each is responsible for its own expenses. Thus, Disneyland's entertainment department paid out of its own budget for the construction and rights for the Parade of Dreams. Therefore (assuming this is true), WDW's entertainment department would have to pay Disneyland's in order to get the parade.

If this is true, I'm all for it. While the changeover to Disney Dreams Come True was a nice refresh for the MK parade, a new (to us) parade would be even better. I would have preferred an entirely new parade, though. Also, there will probably need to be a few modifications to PoD, such as changing the train station on the first float to WDW's (or constructing a new opening float), and they'll probably remove the "To all who come to this happy place...welcome" from the showstop.
That's another thing that should be removed.

The last float has the Disneyland D on it:
phpnNnSsiAM.jpg

Fun2BFree

WDW gets the recycled parades from DL and DCA. Wonderful!

Mind sending us over the new Space Mountain, the Grand Canyon and Primeval World dioramas, Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, your longer Pirates of the Caribbean, Alice in Wonderland, Pinocchio's Daring Journey, Casey Jr. Circus Train, the original Enchanted Tiki Room, Storybookland Canal Boats, your better Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion Holiday, It's a Small World Holiday, Matterhorn Bobsleds, the Davy Crockett Canoes, Mr Toad's Wild Ride, Pirates' Lair on Tom Sawyer's Island, the Sailing Ship Columbia, your better Fantasmic, Monsters Inc: Mike and Sulley to the Rescue, California Screamin', Jumpin' Jellyfish and Remember: Dreams come True?

We'll give you... Stitch. :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom