Pandora - The World of Avatar opening day reports

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Mine reads FoP is closed likely to cycle people through for EMH, and NRJ is at 95.

Mine says 145 on that screen and when I click on it, Temporarily Closed.

And yeah, they closed down FoP before park closing yesterday to clear the line for EMH at 11 PM.

And as I'm typing this, it finally switched to TC on the Wait Times screen.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I guess my MDE app just wasn't updating from this afternoon. Here's the status at 9:50 PM, Monday...

upload_2017-5-29_21-54-8.png

Goofyque'

We were able to ride Na'vi River Journey on Sat. Opening day. It is a great ride, the queue is AWESOME, and it is one that you will need to ride several time to catch every thing. While in line, they let one member of your party to go into the Island Mercantile to purchase Pandora merchandise. I got an AP pin, Pandora opening day pin, and the 250 limited addition pin set. (There were only about 4 or 5 wristbands left when I got mine, so my guess would be that I was very lucky. We had FP+ for flight of passage on Sunday. Our group of 8 consisted of 6yo, 10yo, 2 26yo, 2 33yo, 61yo, and 64yo. EVRYONE thought it was awesome! The picture, preshow, vehicle, everything was spot on. The group as one said how great it was. Our tallest guest was 6'2", our shortest was 44". Both fit equally well. Pandora itself will hold up to many many visits through the beauty of this land. The interactive drums were great. Did not get a chance to eat at the canteen, but can't wait for it. Pictures to follow. For those following this thread, no, I was not disappointed in ANY way!!!

Jones14

So the real question is: how are the other parks doing after sundown? If they're at roughly the same crowd levels as normal, then that's a good thing, as I'd assume that means AK is drawing guests in without cannibalizing from its sisters.

I am Timmy

For everyone waiting 2 hours just to enter Pandora... get to Animal Kingdom @ 6:50am and you can pretty much do everything.

Got to ride Flight of Passage in under an hour, eat Breakfast with little to no wait, and explore the land. I did have a NA'VI River Journey Fastpass, so it was an interesting plus, but honestly you can skip this ride as it's nothing special.
How did you get there that early? Disney transport or your own? We won't have a vehicle when we go, but will consider getting Uber our first morning at AK. Thoughts?

raven

Met some friends for breakfast at Cabana Bay resort and they were telling me all about Pandora. While they said the scenery was spectacular and the Flights of Passage ride was top notch, they were surprised how small the outdoor area was. They said the entire area was no bigger than the Cabana Bay lobby that we were sitting in. Is this true?

That old Camp Minnie Mickey used to be huge! I realize the ride building takes a large chunk of land but they wondered if Disney missed an opportunity to put in a lengthy walking trail through Pandora much like Gorilla Falls Exploration trail in Africa or Maharajah Jungle Trek in Asia. They absolutely loved the area but said it just needed more to do over there.

djdan888

A couple of things.
First of all, I kept hearing that the FoP que could hold 4 or 5 hours worth of que time yet With wait times of 200, the line is still spilling way out into the land. Anyone know what gives there?
Second, I was there for EMH 11Pm to 1AM on Sunday night. The only words I can use to describe this was utter chaos. They had CMs with light up sticks and all, but with the lines to get into Wind Traders and different CM's telling some people to head right and other people just heading left, the ques were a disaster. All I heard all night were people asking where the end of lines were. It is dark and CM's are not at all places. People were getting yelled at for cutting and half of them I don't think meant too. What looked like the end of the line was actually not. This needs some major major work. I am not sure what they can do other than light it up better and ruin the look or add more CM's at literaly every possible place.

Bolt

A couple of things.
First of all, I kept hearing that the FoP que could hold 4 or 5 hours worth of que time yet With wait times of 200, the line is still spilling way out into the land. Anyone know what gives there?
Second, I was there for EMH 11Pm to 1AM on Sunday night. The only words I can use to describe this was utter chaos. They had CMs with light up sticks and all, but with the lines to get into Wind Traders and different CM's telling some people to head right and other people just heading left, the ques were a disaster. All I heard all night were people asking where the end of lines were. It is dark and CM's are not at all places. People were getting yelled at for cutting and half of them I don't think meant too. What looked like the end of the line was actually not. This needs some major major work. I am not sure what they can do other than light it up better and ruin the look or add more CM's at literaly every possible place.
Soon enough there won't be a line to get into a gift shop, so that's really a temporary problem. Give it a bit more time and Pandora merchandise will eventually be in other stores, too, I imagine.

djdan888

Soon enough there won't be a line to get into a gift shop, so that's really a temporary problem. Give it a bit more time and Pandora merchandise will eventually be in other stores, too, I imagine.
I think many on here wondered before hand why there was only one merch store in the land or why the Rookery wasn't its own place. I feel like that would have solved a lot of this. I hope this calms down too. Can't even get into the store after riding the ride. That is a bummer.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Question for those of you who have been to the land... What has the wait time been like for the Single Rider line for Flight of Passage?

RSoxNo1

I think many on here wondered before hand why there was only one merch store in the land or why the Rookery wasn't its own place. I feel like that would have solved a lot of this. I hope this calms down too. Can't even get into the store after riding the ride. That is a bummer.
Don't let the initial rush fool you. It's far more likely that too many merch shops would result in Mickey shirts being sold within 3 months.

My guess is that the banshees start cropping up in the Discovery Island shops.

Rider

Met some friends for breakfast at Cabana Bay resort and they were telling me all about Pandora. While they said the scenery was spectacular and the Flights of Passage ride was top notch, they were surprised how small the outdoor area was. They said the entire area was no bigger than the Cabana Bay lobby that we were sitting in. Is this true?

That old Camp Minnie Mickey used to be huge! I realize the ride building takes a large chunk of land but they wondered if Disney missed an opportunity to put in a lengthy walking trail through Pandora much like Gorilla Falls Exploration trail in Africa or Maharajah Jungle Trek in Asia. They absolutely loved the area but said it just needed more to do over there.

In total area it is much bigger than Cabana Bay's lobby. But a lot of it is scenery or small paths. But even then I would say the total walking space is still greater.

I think part of it is what environment they are trying to present. They could have gone Diagon Alley and had a Banshee store and a general store and a Na'vi ice cream shop and a Na'vi money exchange but Pandora is a more natural place so they stuck with "less is more".

disneygeek90

Both times I have been, for whatever reason, single rider line has not been open.
Spoke with a CM in the ride about this yesterday. She was a little vague in what info she wanted to give, but from what I got out of her it may not be open for quite some time. Something about it being kind of an afterthought and they still need to do some work with the queue in order to get it flowing correctly. From what she told me “not for a while.”

djdan888

Also, for what it is worth, when I rode late Sunday night, 3 chairs were out of operation in my little room. They had straps around them. Hopefully the overheating issue is not coming back again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom