IMG_0772.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0770.JPG
    IMG_0770.JPG
    270 KB · Views: 70

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
The "more lame than IASW" comments are starting to stack up for NRJ. Scary. Having not seen it in person it's hard for me to speculate and I don't think it exactly fair to offer suggestions for improvement but... I do wonder if they didn't miss the mark by omitting a key component.

I get that it isn't story driven but when the land is established as a tour company visit to Pandora I can't help but think Na'vi River Journey is missing a key narrative component for the ride. Make it Tour! It seems obvious, even Living with the Land had a tour edutainment premise. A bit late now I suppose but in hindsight I wonder if a simple on board speaker with subtle narration about the wildlife and fauna wouldn't have been the absolute perfect addition for this ride.

Last edited:

doctornick

i thought Sigourney Weaver narrating the ride would ve helped in explaining what people were looking at

Was there any explanations in the queue? I kinda felt like this ride might have some "field guide" type stuff in the queue to at least describe animals you "might" see (including a few that aren't on the ride) like you see on Kilimanjaro.

doctornick

It's a shame that the Fastpass queue misses most of the details, particularly the lab and avatar in a tube. It's like they forget that 80% of the ride's passengers will come from the Fastpass queue. (this is a fact for every WDW ride with Fastpass+)

Seems like a rope drop ride will be a priority for that ride.

No Name

The "more lame than IASW" comments are starting to stack up for RoL. Scary. Having not seen it in person it's hard for me to speculate and I don't think it exactly fair to offer suggestions for improvement but... I do wonder if they didn't miss the mark by omitting a key component.

I get that it isn't story driven but when the land is established as a tour company visit to Pandora I can't help but think RoL is missing a key narrative component for the ride. Make it Tour! It seems obvious, even living with the land had a tour edutainment premise. A bit late now I suppose but in hindsight I wonder if a simple on board speaker with subtle narration about the wildlife and fauna wouldn't have been the absolute perfect addition for this ride.

You keep doing this... it's NRJ (Na'vi River Journey), not RoL (Rivers of Light).

Rivers of Light is a nighttime spectacular on the lake.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
You keep doing this... it's NRJ (Na'vi River Journey), not RoL (Rivers of Light).

Rivers of Light is a nighttime spectacular on the lake.

Ha. Thanks for that! Mental Note noted. 'preciate it. In case anyone else is confusing these two I've come up with this: SiJourney River (Sigourney Weaver is from Avatar) = NRJ :p

Last edited:

Scuttle

The "more lame than IASW" comments are starting to stack up for NRJ. Scary. Having not seen it in person it's hard for me to speculate and I don't think it exactly fair to offer suggestions for improvement but... I do wonder if they didn't miss the mark by omitting a key component.

I get that it isn't story driven but when the land is established as a tour company visit to Pandora I can't help but think Na'vi River Journey is missing a key narrative component for the ride. Make it Tour! It seems obvious, even Living with the Land had a tour edutainment premise. A bit late now I suppose but in hindsight I wonder if a simple on board speaker with subtle narration about the wildlife and fauna wouldn't have been the absolute perfect addition for this ride.
Those people aren't thinking clearly. It's infinitely better that IASW. And it should be!

JimW

Premium Member
Oh sorry for the fact I'm not gonna waste my time scanning every post on this board.
Dude, it was literally on the previous page of this thread. That means you didn't bother scanning the unread posts in this thread before you posted. Also, you're saying that you're not going to waste your time... so instead you waste the all of our time?

Frankly, based on the number of threads you've started in the Rumors/Breaking News forum, I think you want to be an "insider" like the others on this board. Aside from a select few, we all have the same access to the same news sources. There isn't any prize for posting it first. Just chill and take a moment to scan the boards first. If it hasn't been posted, great... but I assure you, in the majority of cases, it has been.

sedati

Why the need to make this ride like others? It seems so unique. Maybe some tweaking will happen, maybe some info can be given in the line, but please no narration during the actual ride. Why spoon-feed me an experience when this ride clearly wants me to look and listen anywhere and everywhere? The only negative I see is that of preconceived notions (and lack of large beasts.)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Maybe some tweaking will happen, maybe some info can be given in the line, but please no narration during the actual ride. Why spoon-feed me an experience when this ride clearly wants me to look and listen anywhere and everywhere?

Let me steer you to the folks criticizing HEA for not having more explicit and lengthy narration so they 'get' the plot of the show...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom