Pandora Soft Opening Watch

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I really expected that to be the case from the start. It's the only way they could possibly manage the demand and not have huge numbers of upset people who even at 60 days could not get either of them. To be honest, I would not be surprised to see them put Everest in Tier 1 at the same time in an attempt to manage demand.
+Rivers of Light

donsullivan

Premium Member
+Rivers of Light

You might be right there. It would help them to manage demand on all the new stuff so they aren't all snatched up too early. Most will be happy if they can at least get one of them but if most can't get any of them, guest relations CM's will have a rough couple of months.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
You might be right there. It would help them to manage demand on all the new stuff so they aren't all snatched up too early. Most will be happy if they can at least get one of them but if most can't get any of them, guest relations CM's will have a rough couple of months.
Tiering Rivers of Light would have the biggest impact because it's at nighttime. That means people won't be able to use their three and then book more same-day.

Stevek

What are the odds that they offer FP+ for dates earlier than 5/27? Assuming that since that earlier dates would be consider soft openings that they wouldn't offer but others might have different info. Will be there on 5/20.

donsullivan

Premium Member
What are the odds that they offer FP+ for dates earlier than 5/27? Assuming that since that earlier dates would be consider soft openings that they wouldn't offer but others might have different info. Will be there on 5/20.

I wouldn't expect FP for Soft Opening period since technically, during that stage they can close and open as needed and there are no guarantees of availability. FP starts on the official opening day and everything before that is hit or miss.

rushtest4echo

I wouldn't expect FP for Soft Opening period since technically, during that stage they can close and open as needed and there are no guarantees of availability. FP starts on the official opening day and everything before that is hit or miss.

While that's true, Rivers of Light was using Fastpass during their soft opens.

RSoxNo1

Since people can only pick one attraction, odds of getting one of them will be much higher than Frozen Ever After in Epcot. ;)
Is the assumption that they will treat this as

Tier 1
Flight of Passage and Na'vi River Journey

Tier 2
Everything else

TTA94

From a long standing cm at AK the cast is scheduled for their soft openings the first and second week of may..and then executives following behind them

Not saying your wrong but that would likely mean APs, possibly even some public will see Pandora before CMs?

CJR

Is the assumption that they will treat this as

Tier 1
Flight of Passage and Na'vi River Journey

Tier 2
Everything else

I read that you can only pick one or the other, but I have trouble believing these would be by themselves. I mean, if someone wants to do Fast Passes with older attractions, it would be kind of silly for Disney to fight them.

If they do tiers, I'd expect some of the other popular attractions to join the top tier. However, it may simply be when you select one, the other is automatically eliminated. We'll find out for sure tomorrow.

OT: I also read that they may doing an AP preview of Pandora in April.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
does anyone know the media schedule the last week of may? going to be there and hoping the good 'ol bloggers don't keep pandora closed for softs

RSoxNo1

I read that you can only pick one or the other, but I have trouble believing these would be by themselves. I mean, if someone wants to do Fast Passes with older attractions, it would be kind of silly for Disney to fight them.

If they do tiers, I'd expect some of the other popular attractions to join the top tier. However, it may simply be when you select one, the other is automatically eliminated. We'll find out for sure tomorrow.

OT: I also read that they may doing an AP preview of Pandora in April.
I could see them adding Rivers of Light to Tier 1 as well, having said that, I'm just guessing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom