Pandora Soft Opening Watch

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
Oh boy...ol' Click Bait is definitely the straw that stirs the drink around these parts.

For the sake of my Disney parks and resorts fandom I hope he's right. As of right now, no advisories have been posted on The Hub so we eagerly await.....

Mark P.

Oh boy...ol' Click Bait is definitely the straw that stirs the drink around these parts.

For the sake of my Disney parks and resorts fandom I hope he's right. As of right now, no advisories have been posted on The Hub so we wait eagerly.....

For the sake of my upcoming 4/7-12 vacation, I hope so, too. (Mostly commenting to follow this thread...)

_mickey_

Question regarding AP previews. Can AP holders bring guests? My wife and I have them but kids won't have them until we upgrade tickets after we arrive. Will this prevent me from getting my kids pre-registered should dates actually arise?

From what I understand, if the registration takes place online ahead of time, you have to be an actual passholder (no plus ones). I'm in a similar boat, 2 members of my party have APs, but the third doesn't.

I'm not going to be there till the last week in April, so I'm hoping that at that point it will switch from AP previews to soft opening. Fingers, toes, and everything else crossed!

sheriffwoody

I wish I'd never seen this. Now I really want to change some plans around to get me to Orlando on the 9th, but it seems silly to do that when this is just a rumor.

dmatt87

I'm there until the 26th - really the 25th is my last full day and I'm hoping to catch a glimpse of something, since we won't be back for a while.

On the 24th, AK closes at 3:30pm. I figure there must be a high profile event with Pandora.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Could it possibly be that the 8th & 9th will be just walkthroughs of the land with no attractions or vendors open?

mickeysaver

I will be at the AK park for the afternoon thru close on 04-16 and from rope drop until lunch on 04-17. I am hoping to upgrade our tickets to Platinum FL AP's during our trip. I would absolutely love to be able to see Pandora while we are at the park. I know the likelihood of being able to do so is extremely slim, but wow, it would make my vacation.

Liberty6

Just an update from the attractions side. The attractions were officially turned over last week from Imagineering to Operations. Attractions host/hostess selected to work in Pandora have begun to report this week and will continue over the next two weeks. Operations Management has for the last few months started to write the Operating Guide for the attraction. Now they begin the test and adjust phase. This can be complete very quickly or could take a while (i.e. Seven Dwarfs) if major problems present themselves. None the less any new attraction will have significant software bugs that can only be worked out while running the attraction at full capacity for extended period of time. Another attraction had a issue when the system would keep activating an "Automatic Ride Stop" if vehicles were dispatched two close together. The team adjusted the dispatch intervals and this eliminated that issue. It's little things like that compounded across the entire attraction that takes time to work out. Once those are worked out and the operating guide is fully completed and signed off on then the possibility of conducting soft openings begin.

phi2134

Not being a big photo/tech geek, will it be possible to get a video of the FOP ride during soft openings? Soarin has a different seat setup and you are able to go hands free, not sure if someone will be able to use a GoPro or something to get a feeling what the experience will be like.

llrain

From a long standing cm at AK the cast is scheduled for their soft openings the first and second week of may..and then executives following behind them

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
According to good ol'click bait, FP+ will start tomorrow for the 2 attractions.

As always with our favorite friend, take it with a grain of salt

donsullivan

Premium Member
Hearing a report that AK's FP will be tiered, no further details as of yet.
http://blogmickey.com/2017/03/fastpass-pandora-world-avatar-tiered-available-reserve-tomorrow/

I really expected that to be the case from the start. It's the only way they could possibly manage the demand and not have huge numbers of upset people who even at 60 days could not get either of them. To be honest, I would not be surprised to see them put Everest in Tier 1 at the same time in an attempt to manage demand.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom