Pandora Soft Opening Watch

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Are both rides on schedule to be open as well as the restaurant? Any idea of menus yet? Weirdo alien food or Americanized cuisine?

Obviously I haven't had dinner yet, lol.
I think the boat ride was cancelled...no wait, scratch that;)

I'm curious to see what the menu looks like too. The main restaurant is a counter service restaurant so not expecting to be blown away by the menu but I think there's a bar area too which could have some more exotic (weirdo) drink/food options.

No Name

Are both rides on schedule to be open as well as the restaurant? Any idea of menus yet? Weirdo alien food or Americanized cuisine?

Obviously I haven't had dinner yet, lol.

Only the Lead ACE Field Expert could answer such questions. Or, well, semi-related questions.

image.png

That's some extremely useful information right there!! Though I must say, in all seriousness, the frozen blueberry lemonade sounds fabulous!

CrescentLake

Heading to WDW this Easter week/weekend. Not expecting anything, but part of me is holding on to the slight hope that I will catch the beginning of soft openings.

But then I'll be going back in July for a conference, so at least I'll get to see it this year.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
We will be there on Memorial Day weekend, checking in on the 26th and leaving on the 29th. My wife thinks we should abandon the idea of even trying to get to Pandora and save it for our anniversary trip (which is five days) in September. I would LOVE there to be an AP preview on the 26th the night we get there but I'm not holding my breath. I really don't want to try and deal with it on opening day - I'm sure it's going to be a mad house.

twebber55

if we get any kind of a sneak preview for AP holders or DVC members im going
technically have a date booked for late April but will change if necessary

Kgw2202

I don't know if this was answered already, but I'm going to try to be at AK sometime in late April or May before May 27th. When is the best time to be there if there is a Pandora soft opening?

WhatJaneSays

Seeing as how I believe they started internal interviews for hiring this week, or last... I wouldn't expect anything this month. They need to hire and train, oh and finish the land.
That sounds about right. They did the info sessions and transfer postings in mid February, so they probably have a week+ to wrap up interviews for placement/hiring/transfers by the end of the month.

Personalty I could see a pre-opening event around Earth Day, and maybe soft openings in bits and peices starting that next week.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I don't know if this was answered already, but I'm going to try to be at AK sometime in late April or May before May 27th. When is the best time to be there if there is a Pandora soft opening?

There is no way to predict. The later in that time frame you go the better chance of hitting it. I would assume that once the land has soft opened for the day it will stay open all day, but the rides may open and close at random.

Cosmic Commando

We will be there on Memorial Day weekend, checking in on the 26th and leaving on the 29th. My wife thinks we should abandon the idea of even trying to get to Pandora and save it for our anniversary trip (which is five days) in September. I would LOVE there to be an AP preview on the 26th the night we get there but I'm not holding my breath. I really don't want to try and deal with it on opening day - I'm sure it's going to be a mad house.
If you guys are night owls, you could always try getting in line right at closing (although I suppose they may close the line ahead of time if it gets really crazy). The line will move faster after closing with no more FP riders coming in. It also wouldn't take away from other park time, since you would otherwise be going back to the resort.

mikenatcity1

I am heading out on a Disney cruise May 17 and am planning a visit to the parks on May 16...I am hedging my bets that soft previews will be going on around that date and planning on Avatar for that day :) Gosh that would be awesome!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom