News Pandora path repainting

cmb5002

Original Poster
Apologies if this has already been posted, but I didn't see it after a quick search.

In Pandora yesterday my wife pointed out they were repainting the main path between NRJ and FOP, with what appeared to be glow in the dark paint. I know the original iteration of this failed, but this is the first I've noticed them trying to fix the issue.

Does anyone know if this has this been done previously? Will this be a routine thing they'll be doing? Might they have found a more resilient paint to use?

peter11435

Apologies if this has already been posted, but I didn't see it after a quick search.

In Pandora yesterday my wife pointed out they were repainting the main path between NRJ and FOP, with what appeared to be glow in the dark paint. I know the original iteration of this failed, but this is the first I've noticed them trying to fix the issue.

Does anyone know if this has this been done previously? Will this be a routine thing they'll be doing? Might they have found a more resilient paint to use?
They do it about every 6 months

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Its been redone a few times now, but when you're applying a surface treatment to a high traffic area without a layer of durable protectant, it wears off with the myriad of feet and wheels that pass over it during the hours of operation. I dont event think that would help in the long term... if you want to see what high traffic does to granite over time, go to any of the House office buildings in DC and look at the staircases. You can see where the stone has been worn down.

cmb5002

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies. I don't recall ever seeing a post on here about the repainting and couldn't find it in a quick search. Guess I need to up my game. :)

trainplane3

The contrast is something else:
IeV4gQs.jpg

Bocabear

While this is great to see, does anyone else remember the original concept that reacted to guests as they walked?
LOL I know! So much hype then they fall down on the execution...There were also supposed to be plants that reacted to your presence... Are they even doing the Pandora smell anymore? Last time I was there it was no longer working.

cjkeating

LOL I know! So much hype then they fall down on the execution...There were also supposed to be plants that reacted to your presence... Are they even doing the Pandora smell anymore? Last time I was there it was no longer working.
What is the Pandora smell?

Nottamus

They were re surfacing by the small walkway to Africa on one of last trips there..a small section at a time
A strong paint smell. Which, is to be expected

Clamman73

When I was there around Halloween it looked refreshed and almost as if there was additional lighting to make it all pop better. Was also glad to see the decking replaced on the walkway from pandora to Africa since some of the boards were warped or cupping.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom