Pam's Trip Report

ok, here goes. Day 1

We flew out of Newark at 10:30 am and hit a bit of turbulence on the way down. We had a wonderfully nutritious meal on our flight that consisted of a small bag of baby carrots, a small multi-grain roll about the size of a dinner roll with 1 slice of turkey and a lettuce leaf on it and a chocolate chip cookie. My friend Robin who has not been to WDW since the first year it opened asked me how my lunch was. I told her I was stuffed and that I was going to ask the stewardess for a doggy bag. Needless to say, I thought I had to do the hymlic(sp?) maneuver on her because she started choking from laughing.

We arrived around 1p.m. and Bob from YOURRIDE was there to meet us. He took us over to the POR and I checked in while mom showed Robin the gift shop. We went to our room, which was located in the Manor house side of the Resort. We were in room 9534 of the Parterre building. (An excellent location.) We were able to walk to the bus stop, food court etc. within 3-4 mins. Mitzer called and told me to call MKTiggerman.

We changed into shorts after the luggage arrived and headed to the food court for a small snack since we have the hoop de doo tonight. We took the bus over to the MK and from there we took the boat to Ft. Wilderness. After doing some browsing in the gift shop, we walked over to the petting zoo and the horse stable so Robin could check them out. Then we headed over to Crockett’s Tavern to meet up with the carriage that I booked for mom’s birthday. My mom was very surprised when the horse drawn carriage pulled up and we told her Happy Birthday. The carriage ride was very relaxing. When we arrived back at Crockett’s Tavern, we decided to have a drink. My friend Robin had a beer and I had a glass of wine. We sat outside on the porch in the rocking chairs until the horseflies started biting. So we went inside and we each had another drink.

After a short while, we headed into Pioneer Hall for the Hoop de doo. We sat on the upper balcony right in the center of it. We decided to have some Sangria to celebrate mom’s birthday. Robin raved about the fried chicken and had some fun with our waiter, whose name was Wayne. She tried to grab his name tag so that she could read it and he looked at me and said “ I didn’t know what she was grabbin”. This started us all laughing. When they did the Happy Birthday bit, one of the girls ( the one in yellow) came up to us and announced that it was mom’s birthday. We really had a good time there.

After the show we headed down to the bus stop. We took the bus to the next stop and had to change busses. We needed to cross the street so mom and I stayed to the right near the curb to cross while Robin decided to cross the center of the road. I guess she didn’t see the bus turning the corner and she almost got creamed. The bus driver never slowed down and Robin had to jump out of the way and landed in a huge puddle. We all started laughing so hard we literally had to try to compose ourselves in order to get on the bus. (Maybe if Robin didn’t tell us that she was going to ______ her pants, we wouldn’t have laughed so hard) ;-) (she didn’t in case you were wondering) The bus took us back to POR and we hit the hay.

to be continued.....

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
I will post pics from trip #2 since I will have the digital with me. I didn't bring it for trip#1. I will see what I can do though.

Pam

Please check out the Official Meet thread.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom