Pam's Trip Report

ok, here goes. Day 1

We flew out of Newark at 10:30 am and hit a bit of turbulence on the way down. We had a wonderfully nutritious meal on our flight that consisted of a small bag of baby carrots, a small multi-grain roll about the size of a dinner roll with 1 slice of turkey and a lettuce leaf on it and a chocolate chip cookie. My friend Robin who has not been to WDW since the first year it opened asked me how my lunch was. I told her I was stuffed and that I was going to ask the stewardess for a doggy bag. Needless to say, I thought I had to do the hymlic(sp?) maneuver on her because she started choking from laughing.

We arrived around 1p.m. and Bob from YOURRIDE was there to meet us. He took us over to the POR and I checked in while mom showed Robin the gift shop. We went to our room, which was located in the Manor house side of the Resort. We were in room 9534 of the Parterre building. (An excellent location.) We were able to walk to the bus stop, food court etc. within 3-4 mins. Mitzer called and told me to call MKTiggerman.

We changed into shorts after the luggage arrived and headed to the food court for a small snack since we have the hoop de doo tonight. We took the bus over to the MK and from there we took the boat to Ft. Wilderness. After doing some browsing in the gift shop, we walked over to the petting zoo and the horse stable so Robin could check them out. Then we headed over to Crockett’s Tavern to meet up with the carriage that I booked for mom’s birthday. My mom was very surprised when the horse drawn carriage pulled up and we told her Happy Birthday. The carriage ride was very relaxing. When we arrived back at Crockett’s Tavern, we decided to have a drink. My friend Robin had a beer and I had a glass of wine. We sat outside on the porch in the rocking chairs until the horseflies started biting. So we went inside and we each had another drink.

After a short while, we headed into Pioneer Hall for the Hoop de doo. We sat on the upper balcony right in the center of it. We decided to have some Sangria to celebrate mom’s birthday. Robin raved about the fried chicken and had some fun with our waiter, whose name was Wayne. She tried to grab his name tag so that she could read it and he looked at me and said “ I didn’t know what she was grabbin”. This started us all laughing. When they did the Happy Birthday bit, one of the girls ( the one in yellow) came up to us and announced that it was mom’s birthday. We really had a good time there.

After the show we headed down to the bus stop. We took the bus to the next stop and had to change busses. We needed to cross the street so mom and I stayed to the right near the curb to cross while Robin decided to cross the center of the road. I guess she didn’t see the bus turning the corner and she almost got creamed. The bus driver never slowed down and Robin had to jump out of the way and landed in a huge puddle. We all started laughing so hard we literally had to try to compose ourselves in order to get on the bus. (Maybe if Robin didn’t tell us that she was going to ______ her pants, we wouldn’t have laughed so hard) ;-) (she didn’t in case you were wondering) The bus took us back to POR and we hit the hay.

to be continued.....

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
Sorry it took so long

Day 4
Well I didn’t get any sleep again last night. The snoring was so loud that I had the pillow over my head and could still hear Robin snoring!! When I finally fell asleep my mother knocked the pillow off of my head and I was wide-awake listening to the dueling snorers. At one point my mother even kicked me! I guess she thought it was me snoring and decided to kick me to make me stop. I made sure that I thanked her in the morning.
After a quick breakfast at the food court we headed for the Animal Kingdom. This is the one place that Robin was really waiting to see. The first place that we hit was the Kilamanjaro Safari ride. There was a man in line with us with one of those Nokia phones that you could use like a walkie talkie and he kept trying to get his daughter on the **** thing and was telling her to meet his party near the exit to the Safari ride. He did this probably 6 times or more while in line. It was so annoying; he kept saying, “Do you hear me? Meet us at the exit of the Safari ride”. Finally when we went to get on the ride he did it again and Robin says really loud, “Can you hear me now?” The man’s wife looked at her and said “Really”. (I think she was annoyed with him too) After taking the Safari we headed over to the Pangani trail. Robin was having a field day with the gorillas. The next thing we did was the Kali River ride. Mom chickened out when she saw how wet some of the people were getting off the ride. Robin and I got right on and guess who went down the rapids first and hit that huge jet of water that shoots up?? You got it! Robin and I got drenched! It was so refreshing though since the temps have been in the low to mid 90’s. (note to self…DO NOT wear white when riding the rapids!) The Jungle Trek was next on our list. We took some great pictures along the way. We took a pit stop for some fries and then we were off to Dinosaur! We had a fairly short wait of around 15 mins. before getting on the ride.

After Dinosaur we headed over to It’s tough to be a bug. We really enjoyed this show. I do think that it would have been better if all the parents carrying young children had heeded the sign that said “warning this show may be too intense for young children”. There were crying children and the child behind us was so scared he was practically hysterical. His parents reacted by telling him he was being silly and laughed it off. We took some more pictures of the tree of life and decided to head back to the hotel to freshen up and get a quick bite of lunch.

When we got back to the hotel we decided to hit the gift shop. I purchased a Pal Mickey for my youngest for her birthday trip in June. We took our things back to the room and hit the food court for something small to eat. We took our time walking back to our room. When I got back there I had a message from Rob. I called him and we made plans to meet at Boma’s for dinner. I was meeting Mitzer and her husband there already. After freshening up we decided to take a taxi to the AKL early so that mom and Robin could check it out. My mom bought me a beautiful watch with Mickey’s head on it with all these little crystals. I absolutely love it! I called Rob to see where he was and found Mitzer and her hubby. We went downstairs to check in at Boma’s and get the little pager. We found Rob and hung out and talked until it went off.

Dinner was fantastic! The assortment was great. I had the prime rib and salmon that was crusted with a variety of seeds and nuts, which was very good. I also had the roasted chicken. The potatoes with afritude and the vegetable couscous were also quite good. I tried the FuFu and didn’t car for it. The same with the seafood couscous. (it just didn’t cut it with me) Next I had some fresh fruit and some kind of bean dip with chips. Next was dessert! Bring on the Zebra Domes! We all loved them! I think Rob liked them the best though. (hehe) WE had a great time! Mitzer took some pictures and we all sat and chatted for quite some time after dinner. We asked for the check and Mitzers husband was nowhere to be found. He was at the buffet getting more chicken! We started to tease him and ended up staying there for about another half hour before finally leaving.

We said our goodbyes with Rob and headed over to the Grand Floridian to show Robin around. This is where Mitzer was staying with her hubby. We hit the gift shops after walking around the grounds. We went up to Mitzers room with her husband ringing the elevator bell all the way up. (LOL!) He is such a fun person to have around. We decided to go down to the beach to watch the Electrical Water Pageant. After the show Mitzer and her husband drove us back to our hotel. It’s been a long day! And I need some sleep!

Day 5 the final day coming soon

Carrousel Lover

ROTFL!

I am really enjoying your trip report. I've been cracking up from the moment you ate your food on the plane to when Robin had the syrup squirt on her. But the snoring - priceless! :lol: You'll have to let us know about Pal Mickey outside of the park please. I am thinking of renting one to try it out next trip. I know that I'm going to buy it but I wondered whether it was fun once it is home. My sister the conspiracy theorist says it's just a way for WDW is track/monitor your movements inside and outside the park. :lookaroun

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
Originally posted by Badger Brent
I don't know, your mom sounds like shes a lot of fun to me!! Thanks for the trip report. Did you do the refillable mugs? Thanks...:D

Thanks! My Mom is at that age where she thinks she earned the right to say it like it is as loud as she wants.:lol: She is so obnoxious, but you gotta love her!:D Yes we always do the mugs. It saves a lot of money.

pam

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
Re: ROTFL!

Originally posted by Carrousel Lover
I am really enjoying your trip report. I've been cracking up from the moment you ate your food on the plane to when Robin had the syrup squirt on her. But the snoring - priceless! :lol: You'll have to let us know about Pal Mickey outside of the park please. I am thinking of renting one to try it out next trip. I know that I'm going to buy it but I wondered whether it was fun once it is home. My sister the conspiracy theorist says it's just a way for WDW is track/monitor your movements inside and outside the park. :lookaroun

My daughter played with Mickey for the first couple of days that I brought him home. She's 10 going on 11. And we will be bringing Mickey with us for her birthday trip in June. So I will have a brand new report for you from that trip. This should be good...I have 2 girls who bicker constantly and it's going to be soooo HOT and humid there. I need my head handed to me for this one.:brick:

Pam

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
Day 5

Well I turned the air up in the room to near frigid and the mad snorers actually were not as bad so I was able to get a little sleep. We called bell services and had them pick our things up early and then we headed off to Chef Mickey’s for our final birthday celebration for mom breakfast. The bus dropped us off at the Magic Kingdom and we walked over to the Contemporary. After checking in at the podium, the CM who directs you to the big plate tried to get us to get in line for our picture. I said No thanks and we went to sit on the benches. After a wait of about 10 minutes we were taken to our table. Our server was that man who has worked there for ages. He reminds me of a movie star. Blonde hair, older man who doesn’t have a hair out of place. (those of you that have been to CM often know who I am talking about) I reminded the server that it was mom’s birthday and they brought her out a special place mat and a pin that said, “Today is my Birthday” on it.

We were visited by everyone and I took some great pics of mom and Robin with them. I think Robin got a little startled when the music started up and we all started to swing the napkins in the air. The server brought my mom out a cupcake. The cupcakes are very good and they are fresh for anyone who would like to know. Chip hung out with mom for the birthday song. I couldn’t resist hitting Robin in the head with my napkin a few times for good measure. ;-) After hitting the ladies room, we hit the shops and headed off to the Magic Kingdom for out last day at Walt Disney World.

Our first stop inside the park was The Jungle Cruise. And yes, Robin laughed at every single dumb joke the CM made. The next stop was the Tiki Room. I was shocked that Robin even knew one of the birds’ names. She’s not a big Disney buff. After our Tiki stop, we headed onto the POTC ride. This is one of my all time favorites. We checked out the shop for a shirt for my husband. He likes the skull shirts. But I didn’t see anything that he would like. Next we hit Splash Mountain while mom hit the benches in the shade. The line moved right along and we were on the ride within 15 minutes. Robin really enjoyed this ride. Well…with the exception of at the end when you are queued up with the other boats to get off and the water runs down the side of the mountain…it was running down the mountain and splashing right into Robins shorts! Hehehe! Her butt was soaked when we finally got off. Next we hit Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. The line wasn’t too bad and it moved right along. Mom met us when we got off and we headed over to the Country Bear Jamboree. The Haunted Mansion was next on our list. Mom decided to sit this one out. As she says “ that doesn’t turn me on.” Robin was really looking forward to this ride. She has the type of laugh that is very loud and infectious. She laughed all through this ride.

Next we headed into Fantasy Land. It was packed! We pretty much skipped this whole section. We stopped for frozen lemonades and so mom could have a break. I swear this woman is like the Energizer Bunny! She keeps going and going and going…and if you’re really lucky she will call someone an ***hole or say some obnoxious comment about people not watching their children. She’s my mom and you gotta love her!

Anyway, we headed into Tomorrow Land and the Extraterrorestrial Encounter. Robin enjoyed this one. Mom skipped it as usual. I think she would rather people watch. After that we decided to call it a day and headed back to the Resort. Yourride was going to be picking us up and we wanted to have our last lunch at the hotel. We hit the shops on Main Street on our way out and took the bus back to POR. After lunch and a last minute stop at the gift shop we met our driver and headed off to the airport. Mom and I changed into long pants before the flight home since it was considerably cooler at home and we would not be getting in until 10:30.

When we arrived at the airport, we did our e-ticket check-in and I had forgotten to take my film out of my luggage and put it in my carry on. I took it out really quick and handed my bag to the luggage examiner who was x-raying all of the bags. Well guess what! They took my bag aside and decided to rummage through it! I was so upset that something was going to get broken. They found something suspicious in my bag. Well it turned out to be my husbands fudge. It seems that since it was something dense in my suitcase that made them look. Understandable, but did they have to make such a mess of everything? I asked them nicely to please put my makeup bag in the middle of my clothing so that it would not get smashed.

Next experience with the airport. We ended up being delayed for 45 minutes because Newark Airport was implementing a new system for air traffic controllers. Ok, that is not so bad. The pilot made up some of the time on our way home and I watched that Ben Affleck super hero flick on the way home. We finally reached the Newark and you will never guess what happened next! They couldn’t line the airplane up with the terminal door! OMG! We were held up for another 30 minutes while they tried to get it right. At one point they had to get a truck and pull the plane back a few feet. And the whole time I had to deal with my dear mother pushing me and trying to blame it on the poor old woman behind her. I said “nice try Mom.” I swear she was trying to incite a riot on the plane with her comments also. I mean she suddenly comes out with “I think someone should write a letter”. (REALLY LOUD!) I said mother would you please be quiet! You don’t need to add to everyone else’s aggravation. Finally they got things right and we were allowed to disembark. I think we reached our house after dropping Mom off at her house with Robin so she could pick up her car about 12:30. Poor Robin didn’t get in until about 2 in the morning. (She lives in PA). So all in all it was a very good trip. The only thing that tarnished it was the airport experiences.

Pam

Carrousel Lover

Originally posted by Kingdom Konsultant
...Mom decided to sit this one out. As she says “ that doesn’t turn me on.” ...I swear this woman is like the Energizer Bunny! She keeps going and going and going…and if you’re really lucky she will call someone an ***hole or say some obnoxious comment about people not watching their children. She’s my mom and you gotta love her!... And the whole time I had to deal with my dear mother pushing me and trying to blame it on the poor old woman behind her. I said “nice try Mom.”
Your mom so reminds me of my mother! My mother could get away with saying anything to anybody and they liked it. It used to mortify my brothers. My sister and I would just shake our head and shrug our shoulders. She was a hoot. I am going to have my sister read this thread because she'll agree this is SO our mother. My mother would make these comments with a straight face, crack you up and then look at you like you were a lunatic -"what are you laughing at?" I have really really enjoyed reading your trip report. Thanks for bringing back some special memories and sharing yours!

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
Thank you for enjoying my report. I only wish I had finished it earlier,but I've been busy. It's almost time for me to go again.:lol:

Pam

figmentmom

Originally posted by Kingdom Konsultant
Thank you for enjoying my report. I only wish I had finished it earlier,but I've been busy. It's almost time for me to go again.:lol:

Pam

Lucky you!!! Hope you have as good a time this next trip as you obviously had this time!:)

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
:lol: This time it will be with hubby and my two daughters. (16&11) I think I am definately in for it!

:lol:

Pam

dizneycc

Pam Thanks for a great report! Where do you get frozen lemonade? That must be refreshing on a hot day! Can't wait for your next report!

CC

:cool:

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
Originally posted by dizneycc
Pam Thanks for a great report! Where do you get frozen lemonade? That must be refreshing on a hot day! Can't wait for your next report!

CC

:cool:

I bought the frozen lemonade from the Enchanted grove in Fantasy Land.

Pam

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom