Pal Mickey?

WDWbrightcubs

same thing happened to mine...

The same thing happened to my pal mickey when i got home from WDW. I just changed the batteries and he worked just fine!:sohappy:

CoffeeJedi

Does he send info back as well? In theory could they tell if the Smith family went on Buzz Lightyear 5 times? Could an automated system then send targeted advertising to the Smith family featuring Buzz Lightyear?

I remember JHM ran a "shock" piece like this a few years ago, but i don't think that its very far off.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
WDWbrightcubs said:
The same thing happened to my pal mickey when i got home from WDW. I just changed the batteries and he worked just fine!:sohappy:

I will have to try giving him some new batteries then. *crosses fingers that works*

TopRowSeat

Had this same problem with my Pal Mickey. (uncontrolled shakes)

Took him into a store in the parks that sells Pal Mickey and they replaced him. No hassle, stress or question.

So even if he is cooked. You should be able to replace him easily the next time you are in one of the parks.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
TopRowSeat said:
Had this same problem with my Pal Mickey. (uncontrolled shakes)

Took him into a store in the parks that sells Pal Mickey and they replaced him. No hassle, stress or question.

So even if he is cooked. You should be able to replace him easily the next time you are in one of the parks.

It is so odd when I turn him on. He just keeps shaking. Maybe it has a fever? :lol:

WDWFanatic

My pal mickey story:
Bought the second version after having the first and loved it. Well I had it a few days carrying it on my hip clip and then we went on its a small world. So we are going thru the first few scenes and i look down at the water and say " oh my god someones pal mickey is in the water!!" Then i reach for mine to find out the one floating IS MINE! I almost lept from the boat to get him but my group pulled me back. I sat watching float in circles face down between our boat and the one in front. The current kept him just far enough out of reach. I sat with my head in my hands helpless. After a while you couldnt help but just laugh at it. Everyone in the boat kept trying to get him. Finally in the last room the boats get close together and the guy in front reached down and got him. He was of course soaked and dirty. We held him over the side to drain out and took a pic of him. So after the ride we went over to frontierland and after they "scolded" me for not taking care of him i was given a new one and a big plastic bag to keep him dry. What happened was the clip has the one side that is spring loaded and the other is just sort of a hook that faces up so when i sat down in the boat which i was on the end he just lifted up off the hook and in he went in. SO BE CAREFUL!! But i thanks the castmembers for getting me a dry one!!

here is the pic http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showphoto.php?photo=21145&si=mickeywet

MissM

Unplugged said:
You used to be able to rent them at the stores in the Disney resorts. If you want to keep it, the rental applied to the purchase price and the'd give you a brand new Mickey, still in the box.
Rental was discontinued about two years ago. It's no longer an option.

(Why you might ask? Because almost everyone ended up keeping him. It just wasn't worth continuing based on the keep rate.)
-m

Unplugged

Thx

MissM said:
Rental was discontinued about two years ago. It's no longer an option.
-m

Thanks for the info. After having bought one and enjoying him on alternating years (don't want to get bored), we've had no reason to ask about the rentals. I have unfortunately told a few friends to look into it. Hopefully they asked before they mentioned it to the kids.

ErickainPA

We have a Pal Mickey and think he's cute. We got him in the Pop gift shop and the next day when we went to MK. He was talkng about EPCOT, knew something wasn't right so hit the store on Main Street and told them the issue and how we hadn't even been to EPCOT yet. They said no problem. Put him on the emittor in the drawer and still he wouldn't talk about MK, tried again and nothing so they swapped out the batteries for new ones, put him back in the drawer and than walked outside with him. Pressed his stomach and off he went, talking about MK. So all was good, we went to the rest of the parks that week and he changed for every park, so all was good.

Regarding the clip, it's not really that reliable, mine fell off the belt loop of my jeans, didn't break or get scratched but I was a little mad he fell off. So we got a caribiner from our luggage and put that through the loop on the back of Mickey and it held him securely, so no more dropped Pal Mickey. I didn't want to wear him around my neck and I hear he gets heavy if you do wear him that way. Definately get a caribiner for your Pal Mickey to help eliminate any lost, wet or broken Mickey's

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom