Pal Mickey!

DisneyCP2000

Originally posted by Simba1
Two Questions:

1. How big is a Pal Mickey? Compare it to an everyday object if you can... and...

2. Can it be turned off?!

Thanks in advance!

1. If you've ever seen the stitch plush...it's about the same size.
2. Yes, just unzip the zipper on back and flip the switch.

Bagheera

Originally posted by WDW John
I'm also curious to know, if we buy him this year and then we go back 3 years later, will he be able to get some sort of upgrade so he can comment on new things and not comment on things that are no longer there?

My understanding from other posts here and on other sites is that he gets updated every time you walk into a theme park. He downloads new files and is ready to go.

bamboo7

Originally posted by WDW John
:lol: But then his audio may be off! Too bad he isn't Film Res Mickey as 3:2 pulldown would be easy enough.

I'm also curious to know, if we buy him this year and then we go back 3 years later, will he be able to get some sort of upgrade so he can comment on new things and not comment on things that are no longer there?

I mean, having him comment about the Diamond Horseshoe Saloon Review would be pointless now, and it would make sense for him to say things about Forbidden Mountain when that appears.

i'm glad somebody got my horrible joke. nice avatar by the way. Yes, Pal Mickey updates himself when in the parks, so that he always has accurate park hours, character greeting locations and attraction news and everything else.

bamboo7

Originally posted by Simba1
Two Questions:

1. How big is a Pal Mickey? Compare it to an everyday object if you can... and...

Thanks in advance!

He's Eight Inches Tall.

I imagine this will result in the property-wide sale of 8" yellow ponchos whenever it rains (you don't want mickey getting wet.)

bamboo7

Originally posted by bondskier
someone said that the sensor in Pal Mickey's nose cannot be covered so he can recieve info. i assume it is infared but wouldn't it make more sense for the updates to be through radiowaves like 802.11b?
Infared just seems like it would be a little annoying because there would need to be a line-of-sight between the PAL and the "info emitter" and therefore the mickey has to be pointed at the "emitter". also, wouldnt crowds be a problem?

i highly doubt that it is infared. It just wouldn't work well at all.

marypoppins68

The first day I had my PAL Mickey it kept raining so I kept him in the bag from the gift shop. He still got set off by the sensors. I'd be walking along and all of a sudden the bag would start to shake and it was Mickey. :lol:

gjpjtj

Originally posted by bamboo7
Anyone have any idea how much it would cost to get PAL Mickey converted to NTSC Mickey? (i just need that extra 4.9fps!)

:lol: :lol: Good one Dan!:lol:

gjpjtj

Originally posted by Nansafan
gjpjtj, try calling your resort the week before you leave home. Maybe they can have one waiting for you when you check in. We are staying GF Concierge this time and the Concierge staff said that would have one waiting for us in our room when we check-in.

I might try that! Thanks for the tip.:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom