Pal Mickey!

mkymaus

Account Suspended
A woman had him attached to a strap that she had near her head, so that when he had something to say she could easily pull him to her ear without removing him. Many people had him attached to their waste and then had to hunch over to hear him. This looked really smart & convenient.
From CamCody

Did she have him on like a lanyard string or something....did you find he is more of a pain in the rear to carry around than to actually have?? Interested to know....
thanks!
:wave:

MsSnuzi

Anybody know where I can get a look at Pal Mickey? And maybe some ordering information - a description of the features? I'd like to get one as a gift for someone visiting WDW. Thanks!

mkymaus

Account Suspended
I think a link to where to purchase was listed on this thread earlier..though for the life of me I can seem to find it.
:mad:

DisneyCP2000

Ahhh, I knew there was a Pal Mickey thread around here :D

Pal Mickey is a great idea!
He does tell you all kinds of great things. Plus he's got a lot of humor in him. I've certainly seen more adults carrying him around than children! It may be a bit costly but I believe it's worth it. I think there's only one spot in each park that sells it. I purchased mine in the Studios at the photo shop, I think that was the only place in the park?

If he's got something to say he'll vibrate. And he won't say anything until you squeeze his hands or tummy. So it you don't want to hear what he's got to say just let him shake away.
He also comes with a belt clip.

Some things that he does
(In parks)
*Tell's you jokes that are fitting to where you are. E.G. Pirate jokes outside Pirates of the Caribbean.
*Tell's you upcoming times of shows, parades.
*Interesting facts about creatures and scenery. E.G. Prayer flags and bells in DAK Asia. 2nd Story names at MK.
*Explains some of the attractions. E.G. Told me that There were 5 guests who mysteriously disappeared on ToT. And when I got off the attraction, he suggested we take the stairs next time we go to the hotel :lol: . He also said that he left his stomach somewhere on the ride. :lol:

(Outside of Parks)
*A wealth of jokes, as corny as they are.
*3 games to play: Mickey Say's, That isn't here, and Fast Friends.

Here's an image of the clip...

Attachments

• palmickey.jpg
    palmickey.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 117

CamCodey

Originally posted by mkymaus
From CamCody

Did she have him on like a lanyard string or something....did you find he is more of a pain in the rear to carry around than to actually have?? Interested to know....
thanks!
:wave:

It was on a strap that went around her neck and down to her waist. Not sure exactly what, but could be anything. I commented that it looked like a great idea and she beamed back that yes, it was.

Maria

Originally posted by DisneyCP2000

If he's got something to say he'll vibrate. And he won't say anything until you squeeze his hands or tummy. So it you don't want to hear what he's got to say just let him shake away.
He also comes with a belt clip.

Thank you for explainning this! My main concern about it was to have the freakin´plush´s voice talking all day long! Now I know it will remain silent if I want it to. (and give a little massage instead :lol: ) :animwink:

mmouse

Pal Mickey is great!!!

My wife and I were given a free one day trial and used it at Epcot and MGM. I must say he is much better at MGM as it is a smaller park making it seem like he had a lot more to say.

We were one of those that had Mickey clipped closer to our ears. We always carry a back pack and there is a loop on the shoulder strap that we were able to clip him to. He would vibrate and say ohh gosh... I would lean in and we would listen.

His jokes are corny but were great since they were coming from Mickey. The best thing he said was near Tower... it was something like.... up ahead is tower of terror, you need to be at least 40" tall to ride so we can't ride....right...we're not going on that right pal.... (this was all in a scared voice). I was on the floor laughing.

He is very helpful... for example 1 hour before Fantasmic he said that Fantasmic would start in 1 hour and that to guarantee a seat we should head over there now. If we are walking near a ride with little wait time he would bring that up. His nose is what reads the sensors so he needs to be out and faced in the right direction.

Overall Pal Mickey is very cool and I recommend at least trying it for one day ($8). When you rent it they ask for a $50 deposit. If after the first day you decide you want it they will keep the $50. If you return it after one day they will credit you $42.

CamCodey

Also, I read that the $8 rental fee is until 12:00 pm the following day! That way you don't have to return him at the hectic end of your day.

Dayma

All i know is that I am going to buy one next trip.....

I wander if they plan on updating him every year?

gjpjtj

After reading all of this, I have decided tp buy one before we leave our resort the first day, to head for the parks! Sounds like fun!!:)

I sooo can't wait to experience the new invention that is PAL MICKEY.

Hearing all your stories about the amazing things that he can do, I am sold :lol:

Do you think Disneyworld will bring out PAL Minnie, PAL Donald, etc etc..?

Which one would you have?

Given a choice, it'd still have to be PAL MICKEY for me!!

bamboo7

Anyone have any idea how much it would cost to get PAL Mickey converted to NTSC Mickey? (i just need that extra 4.9fps!)

Simba1

Two Questions:

1. How big is a Pal Mickey? Compare it to an everyday object if you can... and...

2. Can it be turned off?!

Thanks in advance!

Nansafan

Originally posted by Simba1
Two Questions:

1. How big is a Pal Mickey? Compare it to an everyday object if you can... and...

2. Can it be turned off?!

Thanks in advance!

Don't know about turning it off or not. The Disney website said that Pal Mickey is just under 12" talll.

gjpjtj, try calling your resort the week before you leave home. Maybe they can have one waiting for you when you check in. We are staying GF Concierge this time and the Concierge staff said that would have one waiting for us in our room when we check-in.

Dayma

Its funny when people dont know how to turn the thing off and it keeps TALKING AND TALKING AND TALKING AND TALKING!

RPMdfw

Originally posted by minniemouseuk
I sooo can't wait to experience the new invention that is PAL MICKEY.

Hearing all your stories about the amazing things that he can do, I am sold :lol:

Do you think Disneyworld will bring out PAL Minnie, PAL Donald, etc etc..?

Which one would you have?

Given a choice, it'd still have to be PAL MICKEY for me!!

Oooh! Pal Stitch! How fun would that be!

WDW John

Originally posted by bamboo7
Anyone have any idea how much it would cost to get PAL Mickey converted to NTSC Mickey? (i just need that extra 4.9fps!)

:lol: But then his audio may be off! Too bad he isn't Film Res Mickey as 3:2 pulldown would be easy enough.

I'm also curious to know, if we buy him this year and then we go back 3 years later, will he be able to get some sort of upgrade so he can comment on new things and not comment on things that are no longer there?

I mean, having him comment about the Diamond Horseshoe Saloon Review would be pointless now, and it would make sense for him to say things about Forbidden Mountain when that appears.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom