Pal Mickey!!

JTinCT

Original Poster
Pal Mickey will debut next month!
Eyes and Ears says, "This innovative, interactive Mickey Mouse plush toy will deliver information about attractions and show times, crack jokes and even entertain children waiting in line, as guests travel through Walt Disney World theme parks."

Guests will have the opportunity to rent or buy this interactive toy at more than 30 locations throughout the Walt Disney World Resort.

bhg469

thats neat. i cant wait to see it in action. my girlfriend worked in MK in the college program and say one in use but that was months ago and it was still in its early stages of devolopment. it sounded neat but i have to question the value of the toy outside the park. or will it be as useful as my magic moment paperweight i mean pin.

JTinCT

Original Poster
here ya go...

Attachments

• mickey.jpg
    mickey.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 199

MKCustodial

It looks like a regular plush. I suppose it should be a little heavier.
You know, it's all cute and innovative and 21st century, but I still wanna understand its practicity (sp?). I mean, sure, if you have kids, it's great, you can let it entertain your children and you can go on being a lousy parent (JUST KIDDING!!!), but besides that, do I really need a doll telling me where to go next, where I should eat, when to return to the resort and so on... Doesn it take away some of the family interaction and casual discovery of the parks?

Now, the rest of the "Destination Disney" plan that Jim Hill wrote about sounds really nice, and I can't wait for them to develop that.

bhg469

Originally posted by MKCustodial
It looks like a regular plush. I suppose it should be a little heavier.
You know, it's all cute and innovative and 21st century, but I still wanna understand its practicity (sp?). I mean, sure, if you have kids, it's great, you can let it entertain your children and you can go on being a lousy parent (JUST KIDDING!!!), but besides that, do I really need a doll telling me where to go next, where I should eat, when to return to the resort and so on... Doesn it take away some of the family interaction and casual discovery of the parks?

Now, the rest of the "Destination Disney" plan that Jim Hill wrote about sounds really nice, and I can't wait for them to develop that.

i can just see mickey barking out orders " make your mom buy you candy here" "go in this shop and buy me a friend" "hey billy! send micheal eisner your allowance!!

imagineersrock

being that its brand new technology, its going to be on the slightly pricey side as for the first few years (approx. $50,000.00 to buy) as for rentals; you can either trade in an unwanted child or an elderley family member and you'll get a pal mickey in return. ...(disney needs some cheap labor)

-lol and yes, for those of you who are in some need of saving from captain obvious; this is total and complete sarcasim with no truth to it what-so-ever. :lol: -well at least i hope so....:lookaroun

BigNorm

This is a great idea on Disney's part. Great entertainment for the younger kids who get "fidgety" in line. I bet Mr. Disney never thought of anything like this being in his parks.

One question is it going to be a rental or a buy?

tcb2317

I thought I had read that it was originall supposed to have a palm pilot type aspect also, and you' d be able to book your PS arrangements with it. It would also offer up to date queue times, and provide area sensitive trivia and games by reacting to certain sensors around the parks. Anyone know if it still has all these functions?

Bagheera

It appears that phase I is just the plush Pal Mickey. The PDA version with the ability to make PS arrangements, etc. must be in Phase II or Phase III.

tcb2317

I thought I had read that it was originall supposed to have a palm pilot type aspect also, and you' d be able to book your PS arrangements with it. It would also offer up to date queue times, and provide area sensitive trivia and games by reacting to certain sensors around the parks. Anyone know if it still has all these functions?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom