Pal Mickey!!

MKCustodial

Originally posted by Bagheera
Um, you just said that, and I just answered that. Is there some kind of lag between your double post or something?

For a minute there I thought I was seeing things! :lol:

DCL

I think that would be pretty cool to have in the parks... I may have to try it out... but I don't see how it would be useful to bring back home with you. IT all comes down to just being a regular Mickey doll... and I don't want to pay $50 to take home an average sized stuffed animal.

WDWspider

Originally posted by Dreamflight4Eva
I think that would be pretty cool to have in the parks... I may have to try it out... but I don't see how it would be useful to bring back home with you. IT all comes down to just being a regular Mickey doll... and I don't want to pay $50 to take home an average sized stuffed animal.

I think it's a charge only if you forget to return it, I don't think it's meant to be something to take home, but if you had AP's then it could be worth it.

MKCustodial

Originally posted by spider-man
I think it's a charge only if you forget to return it, I don't think it's meant to be something to take home, but if you had AP's then it could be worth it.

I suppose you can use it whenever you go back, but I guess he'd be telling the same jokes and the same secrets and stories all over again. The only usefullness it'd have would be telling you which attraction has the shortest line or something.

Personally, I still don't see much use to it, though.

BRER STITCH

I thought I had read that it was originall supposed to have a palm pilot type aspect also, and you' d be able to book your PS arrangements with it. It would also offer up to date queue times, and provide area sensitive trivia and games by reacting to certain sensors around the parks. Anyone know if it still has all these functions?

:lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun

MKCustodial

Originally posted by BRER STITCH
I thought I had read that it was originall supposed to have a palm pilot type aspect also, and you' d be able to book your PS arrangements with it. It would also offer up to date queue times, and provide area sensitive trivia and games by reacting to certain sensors around the parks. Anyone know if it still has all these functions?

:lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun

As Bagheera said just above us, the palm part of the plan would be a second or third phase of the project, that also includes having your luggage shipped directly from the airport to your resort and direct Disney transportations.

agdbeanie

It sounds cool to me. It would be worth it for the $50 if you go as much as I do! As long as it's interactive and reacts with sensors so that it's different each time.

Katherine

This is such a great idea!! I am so happy disney has really found a gold mine in this new "toy"(I don't think you can really call it a toy because it's so much more). I would definantly get one if I had that kind of money.

all_good_chic

Originally posted by tcb2317

Being all-honest here i tested this out about two years ago. My family went into animal kingdom and a man asked us if we would help them test something out. So we got this palm pilot type thing and we were told that for 3 hours we could bring it around to the different lands and try out all the functions. It had a lot of awesome stuff to do on it. As you said I could make reservations, get a fast pass right on the device, play games while waiting in line. They had these bamboo shoots with different codes set up all over animal kingdom. I would type in the code and a message would come up on the screen and give me some interesting facts. It also had an earpiece so i could listen. It had so many things to do. When the three hours were up we handed it in and were asked a few questions...was it useful? how would you improve it ?blah blah blah. They told us that it would be available to rent for the length of your stay and would also have instant messaging so if another member of your family had one you could keep in contact with them. It was so cool. We also got some Disney dollars and this cheapo AK hat. so enough with my boring story...did anyone else experience this?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom