Pal Mickey interactive plush to be released this month

celestia

I wonder if they will anticipate their seemingly imense popularity, or if they will always be short handed? (especially if many people purchase them)

I would buy one in a heartbeat :)

I wonder what kind of stuff it can do at home, out of the parks?

Main Street USA

From what I understand, these Mickeys will update as the days go by. For example, If a particular ride is closed only for a day, Mickey would know that and tell you. Then the next day if it's open he would say "let's go ride!"

I would imagine this is the only way it could be. The idea for these was made up to help guests navigate and keep up with what is going on. If they can't be updated on a daily basis, then guests could end up being MORE confused than they were to begin with.

Mickey -

"The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh is currently getting a facelift, so we'll have to come back to ride that one."

Guest -

"Then why are all of those people waiting in line? Oh, geez."

----------EDIT-------------

Here ya go, I went and did a search. Here's confirmation that he will update CONSTANTLY with wait times, etc:

Quote from the Orlando Sentinel:

This 21st-century version of Mickey Mouse, targeted at youngsters 5 to 10 years old, is totally huggable on the outside.

Inside, however, he's equipped with computer chips that enable him to home in on wireless signals sent out from electronic beacons concealed throughout the park.

"He points out things you might miss, the hidden treasures in the park. The kids carry it and share the information with family members. The jokes are meant to be fun for the whole family."

The 13-ounce toy has four missions in life:

Deliver fun facts and trivia based on the location.

Introduce the gang of Disney characters and help guests find a character.

Make jokes and provide games to lessen the boredom of waiting in line.

Provide park tips, show times and information on park attractions, such as height restrictions.

Pal Mickey, powered by three AA batteries, is programmed with 700 lines of text. The script totals about two hours, with each line lasting about 10 seconds, said Kyle Poor, a member of the development team.

"When Pal Mickey picks up a signal and is ready to talk, he begins to giggle and jiggle," he said. "There are buttons in his hands and tummy that you press to get him to speak. He will repeat his line if you press again within 15 seconds."

When taken out of a theme park to a hotel or home, Pal Mickey can play three games and tell a variety of jokes, but he no longer talks about Disney World attractions.

----end of quote-----

So, that's great news to me, and it makes him that much more valuable!

Main Street USA

Here ya go. He looks like this:
:)

Attachments

• palmickeywords.gif
    palmickeywords.gif
    13.3 KB · Views: 114

WDWFanatic

Oh that is sweet! I can see it now two 28 year olds walking around disney talking to a stuffed animal. How long before they put us in straight jackets.:lol:

NADisney

LOL, thats a good one- I thought the kids already had the parents in a bind- now this.It's cute and informal -but if I buy it and take it home I want it to give me the same reaction in the parks-not just another dust collector.

disneytati

Originally posted by WDWFanatic
Oh that is sweet! I can see it now two 28 year olds walking around disney talking to a stuffed animal. How long before they put us in straight jackets.:lol:

:lol: Put a 27 year old in this group too!!!:lol:

Well, I am going to have a baby this year, and then I will have the excuse, "It's for my kid...";)

Yeah, Main Street USA, I hope this Mickey can be updated like you said... If not, we would have to buy one for each disney trip...:fork:

Kisses from Brazil!:kiss:

PurpleFigment

I'm leaving for Disney Tuesday....anyone have any ideas on the availability of this little guy? This 24-year-old may want to to lug him around the park! Thanks for your help! :wave:

Main Street USA

Originally posted by disneytati
Yeah, Main Street USA, I hope this Mickey can be updated like you said... If not, we would have to buy one for each disney trip...:fork:

I edited my above post to include where I found out it WOULD, indeed, be updated not only daily, but throughout each day as well. :)

Weeeeeeeeee......

disneytati

Originally posted by Main Street USA
I edited my above post to include where I found out it WOULD, indeed, be updated not only daily, but throughout each day as well. :)

Weeeeeeeeee......

That's it! I just can't wait!!!!:sohappy:

Hey, Purple Figment!!! HOW I EVNY YOU!!!!! I am only going to WDW next year, because of the baby... It is due to September...

PurpleFigment

Congratulations on the baby, tati! I'm sure you'll make sure he/she visits the happiest place on earth often!

I've been planning this trip for about a week now...I found a package deal with airfare/resort/car for about $700. Couldn't turn that down! This is my 4th visit...I've never seen the SpectroMagic Parade or the fireworks at MK...that will soon change, though! I CAN'T WAIT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Figment ride better be open! A couple of years ago it closed just before I got there and I cried like crazy over it....ruined the whole trip!

Bagheera

Weeeeeeeeee......

Zac,

I don't see where it says that it'll be updated daily or throughout the day. All I see is that it will home in on beacons in the park. The beacons will trigger one of the already programmed lines. I don't see anything about downloading new information.

Am I missing something?

Main Street USA

Originally posted by Bagheera
Zac,

I don't see where it says that it'll be updated daily or throughout the day. All I see is that it will home in on beacons in the park. The beacons will trigger one of the already programmed lines. I don't see anything about downloading new information.

Am I missing something?

Argh, I guess I didn't copy that part. Earlier in the article it said it would let guests know wait times and such, which means it would have to be updated. Sorry bout that.:)

Bagheera

Argh, I guess I didn't copy that part. Earlier in the article it said it would let guests know wait times and such, which means it would have to be updated. Sorry bout that.:)

No problem. I'm glad to have the information. I just questioned my thought processes for a while there. I haven't been having very stable days this week.... :hammer: :hammer: :p :p

Hank Scorpio

The beacoms will be updated all the time with the latest ride wait times and if a ride is shut down or closed for rehab. The pal mickey will just home in on these beacons and read the latest information - then tell the guests about it.

So in theory, you should be able to buy a Pal Mickey this year and come back with it next year and use it in the parks and it will work with all the up to date information.

Don't hold me to that though! :lookaroun

disneytati

Originally posted by PurpleFigment
Congratulations on the baby, tati! I'm sure you'll make sure he/she visits the happiest place on earth often!

I've been planning this trip for about a week now...I found a package deal with airfare/resort/car for about $700. Couldn't turn that down! This is my 4th visit...I've never seen the SpectroMagic Parade or the fireworks at MK...that will soon change, though! I CAN'T WAIT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Figment ride better be open! A couple of years ago it closed just before I got there and I cried like crazy over it....ruined the whole trip!

Thanks! Tomorrow I will know if it is a boy or a girl. I just can't wait!!!

Well, you got a great deal!!! How long will you stay at WDW? Spectromagic is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen... Try to watch it on Main Street, it looks more magical.:)
If the parade route still goes from the entrance towards the castle, a good idea is to arrive early and get a place on the square in front of the Partners Statue. You have a great view of the parade coming towards you, and then turning in front of you!!! One of the most magical moments in my life!

The figment ride is great, and I am sure it will be open, just for you!!! All figment fans should have the right to enter that attraction...:lol: I think you better ride it more than once, if you want to take pictures of all the "Figments" you will see in the last scene!!!

I wish you a good trip!!!

PS: Please, try to get us some information on this Pal Mickey, like what kind of games it plays, and especially about this updating issue. How will it keep track of showtimes and character locations, if such things vary even during the day???:veryconfu

PurpleFigment

Wow, tati! Such a big day! Let us know how it goes!!

I'll try to check out that place on the route! Does it run kind of backwards from the Share a Dream Come True parade? I remember it ends at the park entrance. I always get a place right at the end of that one and most of the characters are willing to take a quick picture or give a high-five there. I'm so excited about seeing SpectroMagic! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm leaving for the happiest place on earth on Tuesday and will return home very late Friday night. I'll try to post here on Saturday morning. I will absolutely give a Pal Mickey update! I'm going to find one of those little guys if it takes me all day! I hope it tells character locations...I MUST find Chip and Dale!

durhay

I wonder how easy it would be to spoof one of those beacons. "The wait time for this attraction is 14 hours." :animwink:

kayarei

Originally posted by durhay
I wonder how easy it would be to spoof one of those beacons. "The wait time for this attraction is 14 hours." :animwink:

I was thinking the same thing:lol:

The mickey is a good idea, but they should also offer something like a beeper or something you can clip to your pocket for people who don't want to carry a stuffed animal around all day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom