Pal Mickey interactive plush to be released this month

J.E.Smith

Original Poster
Well, I haven't seen any topics related to this yet, so here goes:

He's the ultimate Walt Disney World insider, a cheerful friend who enhances a theme park visit with timesaving tips and fun facts. Who is he? Pal Mickey!

Available for daily rental or purchase, Pal Mickey is a talking Mickey Mouse toy that entertains and assists guests in each of the four theme parks at Walt Disney World Resort — Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney-MGM Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom.

Pal Mickey helps guests get the most out of a Walt Disney World vacation by bringing each theme park to life as a helpful tour guide. The huggable plush toy offers reminders about parades and show times, shares stories and trivia, recommends attractions, plays games and tells guests where to locate Disney characters. Each 10 and a half-inch Pal Mickey responds in all of the Walt Disney World theme parks.

Developed by Disney using advances in wireless communication, Pal Mickey is the latest Walt Disney World innovation to improve and enhance guest service with leading-edge technology.

The interactive toy joins recent pioneering Disney services such as wireless language translation for guests with limited English fluency, wireless text captioning for guests with hearing disabilities and the patented Disney's Fastpass system that eliminates the need to wait in line at popular attractions.

“See the names on those second-story windows?” Pal Mickey might say as guests stroll along Main Street, U.S.A. “Those folks helped Walt Disney build this Magic Kingdom!” In fact, the windows bear the names of key Disney cast members instrumental in the development of Walt Disney World Resort.

“Say, 'Fantasmic!' will be starting in about an hour,” Pal Mickey might remind Disney-MGM Studios guests about the park's popular nighttime spectacular. “If ya wanna see it, now's a good time to go grab a seat!”

Pal Mickey keeps the whole family entertained with Disney jokes and fun interactive games guests can initiate, whether waiting in line at the theme parks or relaxing in a hotel room — even back at home.

Pal Mickey is available to all guests as a daily rental ($8 plus tax per day and a refundable $50 deposit) or as a purchase ($46.94 plus tax). Guests who wish to keep a rented Pal Mickey can simply take him home; the deposit will be used as the total purchase price with tax.

Beginning in April, Pal Mickey will be offered at merchandise locations in each of the Walt Disney World resort hotels, and at select sites in Disney's four Florida theme parks starting in May.

wizard12

Thanks for the info. I might want to get one of those Pal Mickeys. Sounds like it can be educational about Disney. Very interesting stuff.

Bryy2001

I don't think this has been discussed before, but I read this article on the future of interactive guides called "Destination Disney" which includes Pal Mickey and some very cool "toys" that may revolutionize the way we visit Disney theme parks. Prebooking a day's worth of FastPASSES via a palm pilot like device, and many other interesting things!!

www.jimhillmedia.com

Just click on Articles. Then click on Archives. Then scroll down till you reach an article labled Reinventing the WDW vacation experience with "Destination Disney" from December 11, 2002.

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by ArchiDanDisney
Look at the source though.....Although, that does seem like a very cool idea.

It is happening. I think they are already being sold.

The idea is very interesting. But they will need to have this thing do more if they want to sell them. Have Mickey tell you wait times and other things like that.

disneytati

It sounds really cool!!!:)

Does anybody have more info on that? Is it available in different languages or only in English? (I am the only one who speaks English in the family...) How is it going to be updated, as attractions and shows change from time to time? What kind of game does it play? Oh, I am sooooo curious and excited about this!!!:sohappy:

Katherine

I have heard about this and I think it is a great idea!! I mean I can't wait to see this "toy" and see if it is really useful or just another gimick.

Bagheera

Originally posted by J.E.Smith
Well, I haven't seen any topics related to this yet, so here goes:

Actually, there are quite a number of posts on it. Just do a search on "pal mickey" and you'll find them all, including all of the Destination Disney references.

disneytati

My aunt is going to wdw at the end of the month, and I will ask her to check it out!!! (Although she has already said: 50 dollars!?!? That`s more than 150 reais!!!! So expensive!!!)

I guess I will want one anyway!:D

mbro2002

I don't know if they're available in the parks yet, but the only resort that currently has them are the All-Stars. They'll be rolled out to the other resorts over the next month or two.

From what I've heard, they are loaded with up-to-date info when they are sold.

Epcot is my fav

I would buy one in s second........are they going to be sold at Disney Stores....so i can get one before i go down and be dissappointed because they are sold out...???

mwitkus

i think this sounds amazing! i can't wait to get one! $50 is definitely worth it to me...

one question though - does anybody know if you buy it, rather than rent it, which is what i would want to do, does it update as things change around the parks or would we need to purchase a new one as the parks change?

pinkrose

What's the tax rate down there ( $46.94 plus tax =?) ? It just seems that if you pay the $8 rental plus $50 deposit, then decide to keep it, you are paying more than just buying in the first place. Am I just figuring it up wrong?

durhay

Does it tell you when CoP is open?:animwink: I'm sure that on the nth day of your vacation as you walk down Mainstreet (again) Mickey's comment on the names on the windows will still be cute. :rolleyes: Does it tell you at what time the 3:00 parade will reach your current location?

"Friends to the end, haha!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom