This looks 10 TIMES better than the $24.95 Birnbaums Guide

Attachments

• palmickey.jpg
    palmickey.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 279

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
I bet he (Pal Mickey) says some Interesting things in the parks.. like:

-"Ha-ha! Hey look! There is an ATM machine over there... whip out your card and get some more cash... you know you need a bunch more cash to spend in the shops on Main Street!"

-"Hey! Look over there! It’s the Carousel of Progress! Its never open though, so don’t even bother walking over there!"

-"Now you are walking past Timekeeper. Don’t even think about it, it’s not open either! Keep on walking bub."

:lol: :animwink:

toystoryma

I just got back Saturday from our weeks vacation and I saw a Pal Mickey for sale for $65 in the Carribean Beach Resort gift shop.

Looked pretty neat, but I didnt buy it... we saw it for sale on our last day there. I did however see a few people carrying it around the park.!

WDWspider

Originally posted by DMC-12
I bet he (Pal Mickey) says some Interesting things in the parks.. like:

-"Ha-ha! Hey look! There is an ATM machine over there... whip out your card and get some more cash... you know you need a bunch more cash to spend in the shops on Main Street!"

-"Hey! Look over there! It’s the Carousel of Progress! Its never open though, so don’t even bother walking over there!"

-"Now you are walking past Timekeeper. Don’t even think about it, it’s not open either! Keep on walking bub."

:lol: :animwink:

"Hey I'm lonely, buy me a friend."

Jokes:

"I only cost $10 to manufacture."

"I wonder what time the 3 o'clock parade will start today?"

At Home:

(Every Hour) "When are we going back to Disney?"

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I just got back from WDW and purchased a Pal Mickey for my daughters birthday. ( I will be going back in June to celebrate with her) So we already have it ready for our trip. The cost? $50. This is the cost in all of the resorts and parks. You can also rent them per day for a fee.

Pam

PurpleFigment

Got back from Disney on Saturday. Pal Mickey was NOT available in the parks yet. He was NOT available at most resorts, either. He was only in the delux resorts. I found him at the Beach and Yacht Clubs, Animal Kingdom Lodge and at the General Store on the BoardWalk. I stayed at Carribbean Beach and he was not available there. The price was $50 everywhere.

I did NOT buy one of these, and I had every intention to before I saw it. He's not a bad size, but he weighs a ton. His bottom is a big square box where all the electrical/computerized stuff is stored. It's incredibly bulky and I couldn't imagine walking around with it just because of it's weight. He certainly wasn't particularly "cuddly" either. I saw 5 people at the most carrying him around on the 3 days I spent in the parks. I talked to two of them, both of whom regretted their purchase. They said the information was great, but they were sick of lugging the heavy thing around.

Disney needs to fine-tune this idea a little more...make it smaller, lighter and in more characters!

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I purchased mine on Sunday at the POR gift shop. I saw him in every resort gift shop that I visited. I was told by a CM (manager) at Fort Wilderness that she didn't think that it was going to stay at this price for long. She seemed to think it was going to go up in price.

WDWspider

Originally posted by Kingdom Konsultant
She seemed to think it was going to go up in price.

...and for a minute I thought you were going to have some good news.

Oh well, Maybe I will just rent one. Any suggestions on which park would benefit the most? I would think Magic Kingdom.

Mogi

We (2 families) were down the week before last and had a couple of Pal Mickeys for 5 days in the parks. I thought he worked great and was surprised at how much time we, the adults used him. My sister-in-law did not want to give him up for the kids to use. In Epcot he tells you something about each country, while in AK he tells you about the animals. Basically, he seems to have something to say about every attraction. And, in the crowded park, Pal Mickey’s bits of information kept both the adults and kids entertained. He also reminded us about parade times and one or two times he let us know that a line was short. A couple of times I got off a ride with our 7 year old and Mickey chimed in about making it through the ride (“Whew we made it!”) with specific information about the ride, which both my daughter and I thought was very cool. I also thought that it was great the way he talks about some of the scary rides like Tower of Terror where you can hear a bit of fear (fun fear) in his voice. He also plays games and tells jokes so he was also fun outside the parks. I think that if you spend 2 or more days in the parks, $50 is a small price to pay for the added entertainment, which is significant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom