pak n' play vs. crib

slappy magoo

Original Poster
Hey all...
staying in SSR, every room has a pak n' play, but we can also request cribs. Wasn't sure how nice or safe the cribs are, and wondered if anyone has any experience with them & if it's worth requesting one, or if the pak n' play seems to do the trick better (also, I wouldn't shun any pictures of the cribs they make available if anyone has 'em).

Slapperina will be 5 months old, most likely between 15-18 pounds and probably no taller than 27 inches at the rate she's growing and gaining weight.
Thanks in advance.

Kelsybelle

My daughter was 20 months old this past April on her first trip to WDW and we used a pack n' play. It came with a fitted sheet and we brought her favorite blanket from home and she slept like a "baby" in it...:)

I think if you want a crib it comes with an additional fee, where the pack n' play is free.

TakeMeThere81

When our son was 18 months we went to Disney and used our own Pack N Play. He slept great! Our hotel didn't offer cribs that I remember, so we just brought our own.

I can't give you any help with the actual cribs at SSR, but I would say that either way, just make sure your child has a familiar blanket, sheet, etc, to make them comfortable, and which ever one you end up with, they'll probably sleep ok.

SAV

Honestly, I would trust the pack-n-play more than a hotel crib.

Our DS used the pack-n-play 2 trips ago and he slept perfectly.

ErickainPA

We always just use a PNP when traveling. We were given real portable cribs when we were in Seattle this summer and honestly, I wish they had PNP instead. The cribs looked like they had seen better days. The hotel also only had 2 cribs (we needed 3) so we laid some blankets on the floor between the 2 room beds and DD slept great, her feet didn't get stuck in the slats like her brother and sister did.

Take a blanket (not the newest one from the closet, let her use 1 for a day before the trip at least, so it's familiar and she should be good to go. They usually give a Mickey sheet, we took our own though to use. Have fun, we had first taken our son at 7 months old, he is now 2 and returning for his 3rd trip.

maggiegrace1

I agree..The pack and Play are fine..we took our own one time and used Disneys another time but we took our own fitted sheet and blankets for her to use..:)

tigsmom

I liked the one at the hotel better than the one I had at home (different brand of porta crib). My youngest was almost 2 when we used one and it was just fine. They are very sturdy, even for a child that can stand and climb (which most 5 month old kids can't). Bring a favorite blankie and a toy and all should be fine.

Disneykidder

When my son was 8 months old we brought our own pnp on another vacation we went on. It worked out great and I felt safe knowing it was my own.

If I may suggest, bring your own sheet, as well as blanket for her to sleep with. Having your own is more sanitary as well as familiar for your youngin'.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Pack N' Play all the way. Easy to collapse if it's in the way.

On our last trip, our 3 year old fell out of the bed and requested the pack and play. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom