Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

jrhwdw

Lol based on some twitter posts DL has no intentions of bringing PTN back. Claimed to be to expensive to run... If THATs true then why the Heck would WDW or any other resort want a money pit?
PTN may be done for, and face Spectros fate being turned into the next pin collection :eek: lol. :p
That's worse than Spectro's Fate!!!! Only running for the 60th and Christmas 2016, then giving it up, only to make MK give up MSEP??? Now it's time for the Pitchforks!!!! If true of course!
How do we know that F! 2.0 isn't too expensive to run?! I don't fully trust TDA I'll really not trust them if this is true!

TTA94

That's worse than Spectro's Fate!!!! Only running for the 60th and Christmas 2016, then giving it up, only to make MK give up MSEP??? Now it's time for the Pitchforks!!!! If true of course!
How do we know that F! 2.0 isn't too expensive to run?! I don't fully trust TDA I'll really not trust them if this is true!

Lol I doubt it's true. Unless @marni1971 or are other insiders say otherwise I think it's safe to assume that PTN is still safe and sound in one of DLs parade barns being fixed up for its grand return soon.

Last edited:

Disney-Trains

I work as a professional Lighting Director for touring concerts... I'm sure the upkeep and maintenance for paint the night is huge... There's a lot of tech in each float that would require lots of maintenance (moving lights, video panels, etc.). I'm sure it's way more expensive than replacing a strand or two of Christmas lights.

Now that being said.. Disney should have a PTN quality parade in every single park. They should be continually pushing the envelope and wowing their customers.

Disney2017

Moving It to where?
Well as of right now I heard they moved it to a tent in a staff parking lot 2 days ago. There is a tent there since you can see it if you look hard enough from the downtown disney buildings but the tent is closed so you can really see what they are doing inside. It's the same tent they used to unpack the main street electrical parade for it's "Final return"

Disney2017

"Twitter insiders"
giphy.gif
I do not get my info from twitter..

TTA94

Well as of right now I heard they moved it to a tent in a staff parking lot 2 days ago. There is a tent there since you can see it if you look hard enough from the downtown disney buildings but the tent is closed so you can really see what they are doing inside. It's the same tent they used to unpack the main street electrical parade for it's "Final return"

If they really did move the PTN floats that probably just means they working on the floats as part of the refurb. Not putting them in shipping crates!

Disney2017

Sure they do but they have MSEP, Soundsational, and their holiday parade floats to all store. They don't exactly have all the space in the world in DL to store these things on site.
Then where could they have been hiding paint the night for the last 4 months? The tent came up a week ago.

I don't know how this factors, but DCA built two warehouses to house two full scale parades. Pixar Play Parade is probably stored in one of them. I am kinda of curious what the other one is currently being used for.

TTA94

So yeah I heard the PTN floats have not moved and are at a offsite storage area. Paint IS coming back this holiday season.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Did the last page of this thread just get deleted? I just looked at it not logged in and it has 198 pages with some nasty stuff on the back end. I hope it did because that got out of hand.

TTA94

Did the last page of this thread just get deleted? I just looked at it not logged in and it has 198 pages with some nasty stuff on the back end. I hope it did because that got out of hand.

No idea but overall this whole thread is ridiculous and out of hand. I vote for it to be deleted.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom